Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

AHS concept artist tells the story around The Countess glove

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

'You also produced fantastic concept artwork for Lady Gaga’s character’s chain mail glove [see above], alongside costume designer Lou Eyrich and designer Michael Schmidt. How did that design develop? Was it fun designing for Gaga?'

Thanks! Yes that might actually be my favorite piece I worked on. Lou Eyrich and Michael Schmidt were awesome, I think we came up with an iconic piece that’s uniquely elegant and fit for a horror queen. It was very motivating knowing that it would be worn by Gaga, so as I was translating Michael’s sketch, I wanted to maintain a balance of stylishness and darkness, something that both Lady Gaga and American Horror Story is known for. It was incredible to see it in the posters. Definitely a highlight for me.'

and much more here about his work on Hotel, Roanoke, Cult, Apocalypse and so on. Great interview 

https://ahsnewsupdates.tumblr.com/post/640453058902605824/exclusive-interview-with-xander-smith-ahs

4 minutes ago, Wixson said:

Wasn't it inspired by Daphne Guinness, though?

Yes, The Countess’ overall style is heavily inspired by Daphne and she also loaned Gaga a rare Halston dress to wear on the show. Bff goals :queenga:

TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, Wixson said:

Wasn't it inspired by Daphne Guinness, though?

This...they made no mention of her :smh: Made it sound like he came up with it all on his own lol

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived