💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What album aesthetic makes the least amount of sense?

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

Gaga is known for giving each of her eras their own specific aesthetic designed to fit the sound of the album, so I wanted to know which era you think has the aesthetic that connects the least to the sound of the music? Not which is your least favorite

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My least favorite is ARTPOP's

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

NFRatwell
2 minutes ago, Jill said:

My least favorite is ARTPOP's

5 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

Not which is your least favorite

ARTPOP. Some of the outfits/choices were cheap and all over the place during the venus/dwuw era. It was really confusing.

1 minute ago, NFRatwell said:

I said what I said.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

vyniildisk

ARTPOP was all over the place, was she barroque, sci fi kween, minimal icon, punk reloaded fantastiqué, artsy chanteuse, hipster melaconliqué, hoey underground industrial iconiqué

voidfigure

I think ARTPOP's aesthetic connected less to the music mainly because of its variety. It would have been impossible to match.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but it was her less cohesive style to date

tylerjs

Honestly, even though Chromatica is one of her best albums to date, the aesthetic didn’t really do it for me. Like the visuals were awesome, I loved the idea of it, but due to different circumstances (outside Gaga’s control which I get) I just wasn’t able to really connect with this era the way I did with others. I think that was really only because we just couldn’t get enough era content (street looks, interviews, shows) for me to ever truly understand and appreciate the entirety of the concept. Actually, ARTPOP is the one I really understand and resonate with the most. Everything about it just makes so much sense to me? It really inspired me in a very weird point in my life so idk, maybe it’s timing too. :classy:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

34 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

ARTPOP was all over the place, was she barroque, sci fi kween, minimal icon, artsy chanteuse, hipster melaconliqué, hoey underground industrial iconiqué

She was “every icon,” as she put it back then. Interestingly in 2020 she said that during the ARTPOP era, she didn’t want to adhere to one look, she went for all of them. :)

Illuminati

I guess ARTPOP, I get the whole blank canvas attempt and I liked the photoshoot etc but it all feels too minimalistic for the music

huttont
9 hours ago, soularpower said:

Honestly, even though Chromatica is one of her best albums to date, the aesthetic didn’t really do it for me.

I completely agree. I like the visuals but it doesn’t seem to fit the actual music. ARTPOP is chaotic and so were all of the visuals, outfits, and aesthetics she gave us. 

Justin Drew Bieber

ARTPOP, it makes sense but no sense at the same time, the tour’s visuals don’t match the music imo

Patriziaa Reggiani

Joanne me thinks, the whole father's daughter sister's sister, I'm a yeehaw country girl aesthetic was very inauthentic and cringe to me.

I will not watch House of Gucci

Agunimon

Honestly only the artrave costumes made no sense to me. The rest of the ARTPOP era was pretty consistent, I felt. Except for that floaty suit she wore the night of the release performance. 

Archived