💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What album aesthetic makes the least amount of sense?

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

GagaSine

Weird I was going to say ARTPOP‘s made the most sense to me :bear:

I wish the music of Chromatica reflected the aesthetic much more

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Joanne me thinks, the whole father's daughter sister's sister, I'm a yeehaw country girl aesthetic was very inauthentic and cringe to me.

Exactly this! 

CubbyGaga

ARTPOP.  But that’s what’s so great about it.  The aesthetic of it was just creative vomit and I loved every second of it.  

lady gaga applause GIF by RealityTVGIFs

if she kept the early ARTPOP aesthetic: the promo pics, applause era + swinefest time period with a mix of the sxsw aesthetic the ARTPOP look and feel would be way better imo

hot blondes in odd positions

Poissonche

Chromatica, to me. I love, love all the visuals, photoshoots, looks for this era. Had it not happened in a pandemic, I'm pretty sure it would have been her best era visually. The thing is, when I listen to that album, I always picture her in a hoodie. I don't know, the songs feel so personal, the whole sci-fi vibe feels like it's for a different project. I really, strongly, associate Chromatica, the album, with a hoodie. Am I the only one on this?

Better Day

Chromatica. None of the aesthetics were reflected onto the album. It could of been so much more but oh well, Chromatica will go down as one of her most meh albums

Together You And I!

Not everybody jumping directly to ARTPOP :poot: If anything it's one of the most that makes sense. She was trying to encompass every sound possible in the album, and she did just that with her imagery and aesthetic too. It probably doesn't make sense, but that confusion in aesthetic is the same she produced with the album, so that itself makes sense in ARTPOP as a whole.

tenor.gif?itemid=3520848

Cello

They all make sense but some parts of the ARTPOP aesthetic like the minimalist photoshoots didn't really fit with the chaos and colour of the rest of the era. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

MingersPrayer
8 hours ago, soularpower said:

Honestly, even though Chromatica is one of her best albums to date, the aesthetic didn’t really do it for me. Like the visuals were awesome, I loved the idea of it, but due to different circumstances (outside Gaga’s control which I get) I just wasn’t able to really connect with this era the way I did with others. I think that was really only because we just couldn’t get enough era content (street looks, interviews, shows) for me to ever truly understand and appreciate the entirety of the concept. Actually, ARTPOP is the one I really understand and resonate with the most. Everything about it just makes so much sense to me? It really inspired me in a very weird point in my life so idk, maybe it’s timing too. :classy:

I agree. I understand the sentiment that others have re: ARTPOP but, on paper at least, it actually makes the most sense. 

Chromatica is a stretch for me. The music to be reflects the woman in her 30s with broad musical influence but a lot of the looks don’t fit that. I still enjoy it fully, I just think there’s a mismatch. 

xoxo Craig
29 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Not everybody jumping directly to ARTPOP :poot: If anything it's one of the most that makes sense. She was trying to encompass every sound possible in the album, and she did just that with her imagery and aesthetic too. It probably doesn't make sense, but that confusion in aesthetic is the same she produced with the album, so that itself makes sense in ARTPOP as a whole.

tenor.gif?itemid=3520848

Yeah but that doesn't mean you have to make your aesthetic messy :poot:  the sound was just borrowed EDM beats that was current at the time, with a little Gaga spin on it. The whole point of ARTPOP was to put the art back into pop culture, something she's always done. But it was a complete mess in terms of aesthetics. And her not knowing or not knowing how to explain it didn't help

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
12 minutes ago, MingersPrayer said:

I agree. I understand the sentiment that others have re: ARTPOP but, on paper at least, it actually makes the most sense. 

Chromatica is a stretch for me. The music to be reflects the woman in her 30s with broad musical influence but a lot of the looks don’t fit that. I still enjoy it fully, I just think there’s a mismatch. 

Chromatica is pretty much ARTPOP that makes sense. The definition of turing your pain into a positive, the idea where you can escape to a place in your mind where you can be free. The aesthetics reflect the idea that life itself is chaotic, and each song has its own aesthetic representing each part of life and how we deal with that

Its the one that makes the most sense out of all her eras/albums 

End Racism Now

Archived