🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trump's approval plummets after 1/6/21

Jill
1 hour ago, Jonathanholland said:

Also: 

Out of all these, Kennedy is the only one that truly left office with a bang.

Addicted to inserting myself into messy threads.
  • LMAO 1

Oriane
17 minutes ago, Jill said:

I wonder where his numbers come from, did they use the most recent survey that was made before he died, or did they do one after? I guess the numbers would be higher if it was after, but not sure how popular he was when he was still in office.

Hey sis! I know it's a bit awkward to ask but can you make me win? I know I flopped this round, I want to make sure I still have my throne
  • Like 1

littlepotter
50 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Clinton was incredibly popular while in office plus his admin used the impeachment to their advantage, frankly.

The fact that Trump ranks lower than Bush Jr who left after tanking the entire economy is...something :billie: yes trump did, too, but he did it months ago whereas Bush’s was basically as he was on his way out lmao

I thought the blowie scandal was controversial :billie: maybe he actually looked badass

Edited by littlepotter
comme elle est belle vue d'en face
  • Like 1

Morphine Prince
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

29% is still almost 1 person out of 3, this is way too much...

1/3 of the US has a cult mentality. 

• Like 2

Chromatican
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

1/3 of the US has a cult mentality. 

Honestly there is huge swath of people who has completely fallen for Trump’s lies and believe QAnon etc. This is going to take decades to really expel from our society. 

• Like 1

Jill
18 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I wonder where his numbers come from, did they use the most recent survey that was made before he died, or did they do one after? I guess the numbers would be higher if it was after, but not sure how popular he was when he was still in office.

I don't know but creating an average of the approval ratings predating his death would make the most sense, considering his death could've articially increased his numbers due to sympathy.

Addicted to inserting myself into messy threads.
  • Like 1

Oriane
14 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I thought the blowie scandal was controversial :billie: maybe he actually looked badass

I thought it would have been really bad for his popularity too, especially given how it's one of the only things I know about him. I think Monica Lewinsky was the one who got the most backlash unfortunately.

Hey sis! I know it's a bit awkward to ask but can you make me win? I know I flopped this round, I want to make sure I still have my throne
  • Like 2

MOT
47 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

And honestly after how off the 2020 polls were I’m not so sure there aren’t a lot of closeted Trumpers who lie and say they won’t vote him. He had 7 million more people turn out to vote for him in 2020 than in 2016.

He didn't get 7 million more votes in 2020 than 2016. In fact, he got 8 million less. The difference of 15 million was down to fraud. He stole/invented those extra votes. I have no evidence for that assertion, but so what.

• LMAO 1

Ronk
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

29% is still almost 1 person out of 3, this is way too much...

As usual, it all comes down to money.  Trump is very pro big business and this boosts the stock market.  People with a lot invested in stocks did quite well under Trump.   He also supported Republican/conservative ideology such as small government.  He wanted to do away with entire departments.  Shrinking the footprint of government goes over well with conservatives.  Not spending money is also a conservative ideal, such as making other counties foot more of the bill for their security, and not spending on infrastructure or anything else you can avoid, and keeping the spending on covid or anything else as low as possible.  He will not lose the part of his base who holds all these philosophies.

I live in an alternate universe.

LaLuna

The fact that it actually took a terrorist attack for people to finally realize how evil and dangerous he is :saladga:

Edited by LaLuna

PartySick
2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

I mean is not like us gheys are part of those statistics, because here on GGD his approval is 1 out of 1000 bottoms :vegas:

Who is that one MAGA bottom? :interestinga: I just wanna talk :interestinga:

1 hour ago, Chromatican said:

This is still insanely high for all that Trump has done even in just the last year alone. Let’s not forget that a huge portion of the Republican Party still loves him.

I'm disappointed too but that 60% is down from like...the mid/high 90s :laughga: I'll take it tbh. And hopefully that polling gives enough Republican senators a pass to convict him.

🧡No matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here🧡
  • LMAO 1

PartySick
38 minutes ago, MOT said:

He didn't get 7 million more votes in 2020 than 2016. In fact, he got 8 million less. The difference of 15 million was down to fraud. He stole/invented those extra votes. I have no evidence for that assertion, but so what.

I believe it :golfclap:

He must have messed with the innards of Dominion voting machines.

I bet Mussolini was working with election officials to steal the election for him.

I hear that at least half of his votes are from dead people :udidnt: and the sad truth is, a good chunk of his votes actually were from people that died after casting a vote :rip: and that one dude that used his dead mom's name to vote for him or something.

Don't forget the people who literally admitted to voting twice :huntyga:

🧡No matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here🧡
  • LMAO 1

Agunimon
9 hours ago, Chromatican said:

Honestly there is huge swath of people who has completely fallen for Trump’s lies and believe QAnon etc. This is going to take decades to really expel from our society. 

It doesn't help that people are so enthralled with identity politics. A lot of people just vote for their party candidate because part of their core identity is that political party. Then they only watch the channels that covers the news in the frame that matches their party. A lot of them also prefer going into echo chamber forums where they reinforce those frames. Then combine the fact that the Trumpers are practically stans for him, and we all know how stan culture is.

caulixtla
9 hours ago, Oriane said:

I thought it would have been really bad for his popularity too, especially given how it's one of the only things I know about him. I think Monica Lewinsky was the one who got the most backlash unfortunately.

The whole Clinton affair thing happened long before #MeToo. It was a time when “getting laid” made you a macho man, even if you were cheating on your wife.

Also, the dot-com bubble was in full swing at the time and our nation was incredibly prosperous; every time I announced I was available for work online around the end of the Clinton administration, my phone would ring off the hook with job interviews for days on end. It was an era of incredibly easy money for anyone that knew how to turn on a computer.

“Don’t be unconscious all day on your f***ing phone” — Lady Gaga
  • Like 1

sarahb
10 hours ago, Jill said:

:air: