Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua : 'I've never seen being pretty or beautiful as some kind of power'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

obviously great sentiment but like... she was a model before a pop star :laughga:

I mean yeah but if her name was Chungo and she had a barrel belly, I'm not sure the public would receive her the same way

Kermit the frog

So blind... Obviously she has something more than beauty to be where she is now (drive, hard work), but obviously beauty played huge part in her success. So did luck, but people never credit luck. 

IllusionLover
12 minutes ago, weed said:

obviously great sentiment but like... she was a model before a pop star :laughga:

Really? I haven't found a lot of info about it.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Patriziaa Reggiani

It's always the conventionally pretty one who say things like that! :huntyga: anyways she served in that photoshoot. 

I will not watch House of Gucci

Regina George
27 minutes ago, Chic said:

I mean yeah but if her name was Chungo and she had a barrel belly, I'm not sure the public would receive her the same way

TO be honest her name is not as usual as Ashley and people to this day even in here keep making fun of her name calling her Dua Pipa, Duo Lingo, Dula Peep.... So I don’t understand the name sentiment. 

Also OT yes she was model before being a singer but she worked extremely hard (even more in last two years) to be where she is rn. She is one of the hardest working people in the industry.

chromaticainmyhead

she represents beauty standards that are on the verge of becoming old-fashioned: she‘s white, able-bodied and owns body features that were the norm.

she is talented and very hard-working no doubt but it‘s a little narrow-minded to believe that the way she looks has had no significant impact on her career .. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

TO be honest her name is not as usual as Ashley and people to this day even in here keep making fun of her name calling her Dua Pipa, Duo Lingo, Dula Peep.... 

Also OT yes she was model before being a singer but she worked extremely hard (even more in last two years) to be where she is rn. She is one of the hardest working people in the industry.

That’s true. Her name is just so pretty though, I feel like when people make fun of it they do it in a cute way. Something less flattering wouldn’t be received as well

bionic

It’s a sociological fact that physically attractive people have things easier in life. She’s either lying or totally obvious to reality. 

buy bionic

Regina George
3 minutes ago, Chic said:

That’s true. Her name is just so pretty though, I feel like when people make fun of it they do it in a cute way. Something less flattering wouldn’t be received as well

I myself am from Balkans where that name originated from and I find it really disrespectful to her culture and her language when people like Wendy Williams act like it’s hard to pronounce. Dua means love in Albanian and by mocking that name (Dula, Duo,...) people are mocking Albanian language and culture IMO. I see what you mean tho and yea I d think some people are doing it only because they think it’s cute.

Regina George
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

It’s a sociological fact that physically attractive people have things easier in life. She’s either lying or totally obvious to reality. 

I think what she meant is that she personally didn’t try to use her looks to get famous or whatever. Not that it’s not something that certainly helps people. 

Archived