đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua : 'I've never seen being pretty or beautiful as some kind of power'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Nikolai Barrow

Her beauty certainly helped her get her foot in the door. But there are plenty of supermodels out there that wouldn't be able to do what Dua did. So I understand what she means. It came across as tone deaf because she's absolutely gorgeous, but it must be hard for people to discredit her hard work because she's beautiful. It's like that trope. People think women can't be beautiful and intelligent at the same time. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Concertaholic
3 hours ago, Regina George said:

Duo Lingo

That’s a new one for me, I laughed so hard :billie:

Bonkers

This lacks self awareness.  If you think white privilege is powerful, it's nothing compared to beautiful privilege.  

When you're beautiful, people are nicer.  People want to be around you, to give you things and opportunities.  People feel better about themselves when they have beautiful friends.  

Like white privilege, it's not enough on it's own - Dua definitely earned her success - but don't discount the fact that growing up beautiful means that she felt supported and wanted and popular which makes it so much easier to stand in front of people with the confidence necessary to succeed. 

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

blackpink

:rip: 

her looking the way she looks completely helped her career, of course hard work helped too but if she looked like an average looking white girl she wouldn’t have gotten nearly as far as she has done. that’s why almost always you will see conventionally attractive singers in the music industry, especially among female artists. male artists are definitely more privileged in that regard since they can get away with not having as many conditions placed on them. 

What did Lipa do to all of you. Did she kicked your dog or killed your mother or something? 

She is right in whats she is saying, there are a lot of models who wants to switch careers, like becoming a singer, actress, etc and they fail just because they lack talent and charisma. Being beauty will not take you as far as Lipa has arrived, that is a fact. Also, being beautiful does not make things easy for everyone, there is no such thing as "beauty privilege" you really need to turn off your phone or PC, then go out and take a cup of reality. 

vyniildisk
55 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

This lacks self awareness.  If you think white privilege is powerful, it's nothing compared to beautiful privilege.  

When you're beautiful, people are nicer.  People want to be around you, to give you things and opportunities.  People feel better about themselves when they have beautiful friends.  

Like white privilege, it's not enough on it's own - Dua definitely earned her success - but don't discount the fact that growing up beautiful means that she felt supported and wanted and popular which makes it so much easier to stand in front of people with the confidence necessary to succeed. 

so now beautiful privilege is more powerful than white privilege

giphy.gif 

ALGAYDO

God every time I start to stan Levitating (stream it you fats so it breaks into the top 10!!), she says or does something stupid that immediately turns me off of her :bradley: 

Bonkers
53 minutes ago, LDGA said:

What did Lipa do to all of you. Did she kicked your dog or killed your mother or something? 

She is right in whats she is saying, there are a lot of models who wants to switch careers, like becoming a singer, actress, etc and they fail just because they lack talent and charisma. Being beauty will not take you as far as Lipa has arrived, that is a fact. Also, being beautiful does not make things easy for everyone, there is no such thing as "beauty privilege" you really need to turn off your phone or PC, then go out and take a cup of reality. 

The term "beauty privilege" doesn't exist, but of course it's a real thing.  There have been countless studies on how it affects everything from customer service to job opportunities.  

People are blaming their body image issues on the fact that they spend their time and energy comparing themselves to beautiful people.  

Ever go to a bar with a stunningly beautiful person?  People offer drinks, bartenders flirt and give better service.  It even crosses sexuality and gender barriers.  Hot studs get be friended by ugly CEO's who want to feel like the cool guy in college.

Beautiful cheerleaders are more popular than unattractive smart kids, in general.  Growing up popular definitely affects how people feel about themselves and expect to be treated.  

I think white privilege is a good comparison because it's not EVERYTHING, but it means you don't experience what POC experience.  Being beautiful isn't necessary to be successful in any industry, but neither is being white.  The point is, it sure helps a lot.  

I'm not a PC far left kind of person.  I don't think anyone needs to apologize for getting advantages whether it's for your race, your appearance - but I do think people should acknowledge that they benefit from the things they are born with that make their lives easier.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

ALGAYDO
3 minutes ago, Runway said:

She can’t even acknowledge how her privilege made things easier for her

I mean, she made a “stay at home” psa video and then turned around and traveled to multiple countries to party and have fun. She isn’t the most self-aware person, don’t be surprised lol  

Archived