💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua : 'I've never seen being pretty or beautiful as some kind of power'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

MeetinDaShadow

Says the person who wants to emulate Madonna! One of the greatest visual pop artists of all time. Looks matter. Perceptions matter. Image matters. A woman’s sexual power matters. It’s all connected. She’s clueless if she doesn’t recognise or play into that. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vyniildisk

For example, Madison Beer is struggling to esstablish herself as a name in the industry, her music is very decent but her looks are out of this world. How come she is not ruling the charts yet? Another example that beauty is just a small part of the pop world. You have to have something else, a k a TALENT

The same applies to Dua, Britney and Justin. Yes they are pretty, but their talent is beyond. Not all pretty people make it this big due to looks only. 

Regina George
4 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Says the person who wants to emulate Madonna! One of the greatest visual pop artists of all time. Looks matter. Perceptions matter. Image matters. A woman’s sexual power matters. It’s all connected. She’s clueless if she doesn’t recognise or play into that. 

You completely missed the point of what she said but I’m not surprised because I saw your opinions on here in almost all of the threads that mention her. 

NewUsername
1 hour ago, Kermit the frog said:

So blind... Obviously she has something more than beauty to be where she is now (drive, hard work), but obviously beauty played huge part in her success. So did luck, but people never credit luck. 

1 hour ago, venusinmyhead said:

she represents beauty standards that are on the verge of becoming old-fashioned: she‘s white, able-bodied and owns body features that were the norm.

she is talented and very hard-working no doubt but it‘s a little narrow-minded to believe that the way she looks has had no significant impact on her career .. 

1 hour ago, bionic said:

It’s a sociological fact that physically attractive people have things easier in life. She’s either lying or totally obvious to reality. 

Lol, exactly.

She's of course exactly right that she's more than her beauty and that sometimes people would just see her as that + that she's worked hard and that her beauty doesn't discredit that, but Dua, please, of course your beauty has helped.

@Kermit the frog Indeed, I appreciate when stars have inspirational messages like "follow your dreams" etc, but it's also eye-rolling inducing when they only talk about "it's hard work" and "everyone can become famous/successful". Like, no, hard work is one of the usual parts of it.
Most of the time it's a combination of hard work, talent, money and/or connections and as you said: luck.

RahrahWitch

Not dismissing her hard work but to say her beauty had no part to play in an industry that's heavily sexualized is a bit confusing. It most definitely played a huge factor in her success as well as countless other people.

MeetinDaShadow
8 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

For example, Madison Beer is struggling to esstablish herself as a name in the industry, her music is very decent but her looks are out of this world. How come she is not ruling the charts yet? Another example that beauty is just a small part of the pop world. You have to have something else, a k a TALENT

The same applies to Dua, Britney and Justin. Yes they are pretty, but their talent is beyond. Not all pretty people make it this big due to looks only. 

Madison Beer doesn’t look like a pop star though, namely she’s doesn’t pass as girl next door or relatable or quirky. Key things to make it in pop. She looks more like someone who would do well as a model, or insta star. People want to f**k that, befriend that, but it has to be within reach. She’s out of everyone’s league.

Teletubby
16 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

That's why musical geniuses are most often unattractive

It reminded me about Olympic in China when they showed pretty little girl singing but it turn out it wasn't here voice. The real singer was "too ugly" in opinion of director of the opening ceremony  source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

MeetinDaShadow
13 minutes ago, Regina George said:

You completely missed the point of what she said but I’m not surprised because I saw your opinions on here in almost all of the threads that mention her. 

Mention who? Dua? Do we know one another? You must be mistaken. This is the first time I’ve commented on her. 

Perhaps you missed my point. I love dua. But she’s kind of deluded if she doesn’t take her looks into account as well as her talent, hard work and luck, with regards to her success.

Are you her publicist or something? Everyone’s opinion is their own. 

ShayCristoforo

Nice, but you gotta understand attractive privilege lol 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Regina George
Just now, Justin Woodpond said:

Mention who? Dua? Do we know one another? You must be mistaken. This is the first time I’ve commented on her. 

Perhaps you missed my point. I love dua. But she’s kind of deluded if she doesn’t take her looks into account as well as her talent, hard work and luck, with regards to her success.

Are you her publicist or something? Everyone’s opinion is their own. 

Sorry I think I thought you're someone else. Anyways I don't have to be her publicist to see that you misunderstood what she wanted to say... 

Oh calm down everyone. She is pretty but her point is that she is extremely hardworking and she wants people to see that.

Of course would she be as popular if she wasn't as aesthetically pleasing? UM, NO! I mean Sia had to completely turn her back to the audience to have a career :bradley:

vyniildisk
3 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Nice, but you gotta understand attractive privilege lol 

Is there such a thing lmao :air:

There is a privilege for everything nowadays. 

MeetinDaShadow
5 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Sorry I think I thought you're someone else. Anyways I don't have to be her publicist to see that you misunderstood what she wanted to say... 

And you know her personally to be able to speak for her or interpret her?

Everything an artist says is subjective, it's why it's also entertainment and culture.

I have my opinion and you have yours. Dua also has hers, but I should be allowed to analyse her "statement" whatever way I choose. We all should. Let's not get all Trumpy.

Wet Fire

I think she means she didn't consciously use her beauty as a means of her success as a musician. And her success is largely due to her hard work. She's right in this respect.

However, she didn't phrase it properly. Her words seem to dismiss the fact that good looking people comparatively fare better. Because also Beyoncé's success is to a good extent due to her beauty and sex appeal. Does this mean she didn't work hard or isn't talented? Not at all.

If two people are equally talented and hard working, chances are that the privileged one will find it less difficult to make it big.

Archived