Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Haus Labs "criticized" for 'triggering' ad resembling self-harm

Cameltoe Chariot

Featured Posts

Cameltoe Chariot

This article... :bear: (Beginning of article copied and pasted below, or go here to read the full thing: https://www.today.com/popculture/lady-gaga-s-makeup-brand-criticized-triggering-ad-t205811)

--------------------------------

Lady Gaga's makeup brand criticized for 'triggering' ad resembling self-harm

Haus Laboratories shared an advertisement on Instagram that showed an eyeliner pen making rapid slashing movements on a model's inner wrist.

Editor's note: The graphic image from the advertisement closely resembles self-harm and could be triggering or disturbing to some readers.

Lady Gaga's makeup brand, Haus Laboratories, is being criticized after an advertisement for a new eyeliner was perceived by fans as "triggering."

The advertisement, which was deleted about five hours after it was first posted, showed a "micro-tip" liquid eyeliner pen being used to draw slashes on a model's inner wrist.

In the comments section of the post, many said that it was upsetting, especially since there was no trigger warning in the caption.

"This brought back some bad memories for several people, including me," wrote one user. "Maybe reconsider location next time?"

gaga-makeup-trigger-main-210113_c08c3f5a

--------------------------------

There are no words for how ridiculous this is, or the fact that Haus Labs was pressured into deleting that photo :bear:

Also the "graphic image" warning... :awkney:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

IF it’s real (hard to believe that they would post such an unprofessional looking pic), then I’m glad it’s deleted. I see it more like Tic-tac-toe but I can see how it would be triggering for some.

Chromatican

This reaction is overblown, but those pictures are super unprofessional and cheap, so if they got deleted by way of scandal it is a good thing.

LilyLark

Wait wut? If it was a red color, I could understand....but this?  It's not even a direct slash. If it was a slow news day, I guess I could understand making this a story but with everything going on in the world right now...

Cameltoe Chariot
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

It's not the pic in the OP right? Cause that would be a reaaaaach

It is... :billie:

thatfoxyfeeling

Honestly those photos look basic asf like people will try cancel anything or anyone these days but what was the marketing team even thinking posting them don't they have a bigger budget. :oprah:

1 minute ago, CameltoeKween said:

It is... :billie:

Then that's just another reach to try and ruin HL, it looks nothing like scars, and as a “cutter” I didn't even believe the picture in the OP was the controversial one:laughga:

ItWasntLaauv

They’re just swatching makeup. :bear:

It’s like saying that “I self harmed my face once, stop doing makeup on your face, it’s problematic.” :bear:

Quartz

I mean, I see what they mean. Gaga has to be careful because she is a spokesperson for mental health. This means that everything has to be airtight. It might be a reach to some; but, for someone who knows what it looks like all too well, it might really be triggering.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

ELECTROHEART

Cr*stal generation

Good Bye Reaction GIF

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Gagaloo911

People doing the most and being snowflakes, truly nothing can be done anymore without people complaining they're "triggered"

It's becoming way too much at this point..

tbh I can get it. It does look a little suggestive in a way but it is still a huge REACH. But yeah...glad they took those pics down regardless

Archived