Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Haus Labs "criticized" for 'triggering' ad resembling self-harm

Cameltoe Chariot

Featured Posts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haus labs has been doing swatches on the arms for all of the products since launch.

It's just eyeliner.  

Daenerys

As a cutter, the way they swatched in the video reminded me of how my skin looked when I would cut and the wound would open up. I had to remind myself it was a harmless makeup plug so I just scrolled by it and left it alone but told myself not to watch it again, if I ever would. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

RAMROD

Damn, that reminds me with my wrist many years ago, thank technology and science for laser treatment :bradley:

Battle for your life slogan sounds so much different now :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

littlepotter

Yall can't argue with someone over being triggered... they were triggered, period. They're not saying Gaga is a horrible person for y'all to be so defensive. Are we really making fun of someone for saying "this brought back some bad memories"? Respectfully? Gaga deserves better fans

chaeri pls

Regina George

If this was rare beauty or someone else’s brand y’all would be dragging it to hell. It clearly triggered a lot of people for whatever reason and you saying it is not triggering is not changing that fact. Stop telling someone who feels triggered by this that they are a “snowflake” because by doing so YOU are the problem. 

Cameltoe Chariot
10 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Yall can't argue with someone over being triggered... they were triggered, period. They're not saying Gaga is a horrible person for y'all to be so defensive. Are we really making fun of someone for saying "this brought back some bad memories"? Respectfully? Gaga deserves better fans

Personally I’m not arguing whether someone was triggered, I’m more annoyed with how sensational the article I linked to is and how the responsibility is being pinned on Haus Labs for triggering self-harmers.

Makeup is primarily swatched on inner arms to show the product’s pigment and precision on human skin - the eyeliner being swatched in this location is not out of the ordinary, and the way it’s being swatched is to highlight the precision of the product and how versatile it can be in terms of thickness of line.

I understand this location on the human body and the patterns may remind self-harmers of their trauma, but this is an incredibly abstract representation of cut lines and I think the responsibility in this case entirely lies on the self-harmer to learn how to navigate imagery like this. This isn’t graphic, gory imagery... it’s black lines of makeup.

And I say this as someone who cut for an extended period of my life as I struggled with mental illness.

alsemanche
1 hour ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Honestly those photos look basic asf like people will try cancel anything or anyone these days but what was the marketing team even thinking posting them don't they have a bigger budget. :oprah:

where is anyone cancelling anything now?  

People who went through self-harm experiences found this triggering. Period. No one has any say in what they find triggering or not and the replies here are quite horrible considering the context. No one is trying to boycott or trash Gaga or the brand here, they very respectfully and rightfully pointed out that it was triggering and HL ended up removing it because they probably also understood where the people who commented are coming from and agreed with them. Calling people weak and easily triggered is very f*cking disrespectful if you ask me. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

You guys need a reality check. This thread is full of receipts I'll use the next time you're boohooing about your personal stuff.

giphy.gif

thatfoxyfeeling
9 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Calling people weak and easily triggered is very f*cking disrespectful if you ask me. 

Where did I call them weak? "people will try cancel anything or anyone these days" is the truth whether you like it or not, we live in a society where cancel culture is a problem. 

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Where did I call them weak?

this part wasn't related to your reply

2 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

"people will try cancel anything or anyone these days" is the truth whether you like it or not, we live in a society where cancel culture is a problem. 

and how iss that related to the article posted on this thread? i didn't see any cancellation happening here. the issue was pointed out and the post was taken down and that's all there is to it. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived