đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Wikipedia Turns 20 Years Old

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

https://wikimediafoundation.org/wikipedia20/

Wikipedia was born on January 15th, 2001. Wikipedia was created with the intent of being a free encyclopedia for all different kinds of things be it for people, companies, music, vehicles, etc. Wikipedia is unique in that people themselves are responsible for its evolution, with an average of 280,000 people making edits every month. Wikipedia has several sister projects like Wikimedia, which hosts websites like Wikipedia, and Wikisource, which is a free online digital library of textual sources. Wikipedia also has multiple sites in different languages (Spanish Wikipedia, Japanese Wikipedia, Russia Wikipedia, etc.)

----

(The link provided has more information about Wikipedia's history; I suggest checking it out because it is pretty interesting.)

he/him/his

Rahrahbitchson

Queen of "not being a rEliAbE sOurCe" but still manage to help us with our college homework

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

PunkTheFunk
8 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Queen of "not being a rEliAbE sOurCe" but still manage to help us with our college homework

Miss Wiki had the teachers FUMING. Somehow she keeps winning.

My Name Isnt Alice
28 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

If you want a more rEliAbE sOurCe the references below the page are always there that's what I cite instead of wikipedia

hieronymus
1 minute ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

If you want a more rEliAbE sOurCe the references below the page are always there that's what I cite instead of wikipedia

This this this

gypsy101
58 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

they're pretty reliable tbh

littlepotter

It's really amazing how people around the world just write these detailed articles for free and translate them just for the sake of knowledge. 

chaeri pls

bionic

Does anybody else remember when someone had militant control over Gaga's page and would undo any edits that they didn't personally make?

buy bionic

Queen Bitch

Luckily my teachers never had a problem with me using wikipedia to help me with my homework. But some people still think that Wikipedia is the most unreliable thing ever

• 3 weeks later...

It is supported by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation, which accepts donations from anyone who wishes to contribute. Users and administrators have added more than 52 million pages and 6.2 million articles in 317 languages over the 20 years of its existence. About 89 percent of the articles are in languages other than English. The share of the Russian language part is 6.4 million pages and 1.6 million articles.

According to Wikipedia, eight thousand people visit the site every second, and 350 corrections are made to the articles every minute. The site is ranked 13th in Amazon's Alexa Global Ranking. The encyclopedia gets more than 15 billion hits a month.

"Wikipedia has gone from a seemingly impossible idea to a vast witness to humanity. It is a place where we can share and learn about everything. This is made possible by a global volunteer effort that elevates knowledge and collaboration over conflict and self-interest. We strive to preserve the integrity of information when the world needs it most," said Wikimedia Foundation CEO Katherine Maher.

The resource has planned "something special" to celebrate its 20th anniversary. The encyclopedia will produce a special video dedicated to the community and then hold a public event with "some people" who will talk about the site and the work it does. 

https://www.slotozilla.com/free-slots/triple-red-hot-777

Archived