💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Netflix : Fate : The Winx Saga

Eido

Featured Posts

I get that it would have been cringy to see these woman do the transformations into sparkly faries. But this dark witchy vibe they are going for is so overdone. Young adults like bright colors as well. Why do they think girly stuff always has to be toned down so much to be taken seriously. This could have been such an easthetic and stylish show, witch it's dark moments. And if they don't have a fairy form at some point, Idk it just doesn't make sense to me if they leave that out completely. Because that's a core part of the original show.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phaye Monster

I’m such a Winx stan and I was looking forward to this but like... it doesn’t look good:icega:

whitewashing, no Tecna (my childhood fav), and all of the released clips so far just look cringey. If you take away the names it’s not even Winx. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Just now, Phaye Monster said:

I’m such a Winx stan and I was looking forward to this but like... it doesn’t look good:icega:

whitewashing, no Tecna (my childhood fav), and all of the released clips so far just look cringey. If you take away the names it’s not even Winx. 

I was watching this yesterday on their instagram. And it looks like it could mayb be a fun show, also the effects aren't bad. But ugh, I don't like this turn on Winx at all. For a Winx related show, it looks lame and depressing.

Phaye Monster
3 minutes ago, Galvon said:

I was watching this yesterday on their instagram. And it looks like it could mayb be a fun show, also the effects aren't bad. But ugh, I don't like this turn on Winx at all. For a Winx related show, it looks lame and depressing.

A lot of it just looks embarrassing, also early reviews aren’t good either:icega:

One review said Aisha is literally only there to be Bloom’s helper, which is just tragic

I also just don’t care at all for the inevitable overused love triangles and relationship dramas that Netflix love to put in these shows

3 hours ago, Phaye Monster said:

A lot of it just looks embarrassing, also early reviews aren’t good either:icega:

One review said Aisha is literally only there to be Bloom’s helper, which is just tragic

I also just don’t care at all for the inevitable overused love triangles and relationship dramas that Netflix love to put in these shows

Yeah also Idk how I feel about watching these characters in more "mature scenes". I mean ew.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been out on Netflix since last friday. Who watched it already, what did you think of it?

Spoiler

I watched the first 3 episodes with some friends and we all were just laughing at how bad and cringey it was. A horrible adaption on Winx, but also a bad show in general. That being said, we plan on watching the rest of it later, so we can discus the whole thing. So far we think it's trash, not good trash, just annoying. Surprisingly I've read some positive reviews as well, so maybe our opinion will change when we watch the other 3 episodes.

Phaye Monster
8 minutes ago, Galvon said:

So it's been out on Netflix since last friday. Who watched it already, what did you think of it?

Hide contents

I watched the first 3 episodes with some friends and we all were just laughing at how bad and cringey it was. A horrible adaption on Winx, but also a bad show in general. That being said, we plan on watching the rest of it later, so we can discus the whole thing. So far we think it's trash, not good trash, just annoying. Surprisingly I've read some positive reviews as well, so maybe our opinion will change when we watch the other 3 episodes.

I actually ended up really liking it. There was some occasional cringe in the dialogue but it wasn’t too bad. The last episode in particular was really good imo. 

42 minutes ago, Galvon said:

Hide contents

I watched the first 3 episodes with some friends and we all were just laughing at how bad and cringey it was. A horrible adaption on Winx, but also a bad show in general. That being said, we plan on watching the rest of it later, so we can discuss the whole thing. So far we think it's trash, not good trash, just annoying. Surprisingly I've read some positive reviews as well, so maybe our opinion will change when we watch the other 3 episodes.

I actually liked the show... it was cringy at some points and its some times its tying to be woke too much... but I actually enjoyed it... but if they do season 2 they need a bigger budget

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

36 minutes ago, Phaye Monster said:

I actually ended up really liking it. There was some occasional cringe in the dialogue but it wasn’t too bad. The last episode in particular was really good imo. 

1 minute ago, nikola said:

I actually liked the show... it was cringy at some points and its some times its tying to be woke too much... but I actually enjoyed it... but if they do season 2 they need a bigger budget

Can you tell me what you liked about it without giving spoilers?

Spoiler

I'm mostly disapointed in the characters tbh. They're not likeable. Also the edgyness feels very forced, the smoking, drinking, the gore... It's really missing the magic for me.

I mean I know it's suposed to be differen't, but I can't watch it without Winx in mind, and thinking wtf were they thinking while creating this new show? It feels like a big fy towards winx fans. Even when I try look beyond that, it feels like a mediocore teenshow.

I've only seen the first 3 episodes, does it get better?

Far better than I thought it would‘ve been. I think the biggest downside was the limited amount of Episodes (6), so it felt a little rushed at points. 

⟡ ⋆ ËšïœĄâ‹†đŸŠąâ‹† ËšïœĄâ‹†âŸĄ

VenusUrania

I loved it! It exceeded my expectations hahahaha it's a true dark fantasy teen drama and I love that. They did some major changes in comparison to the cartoon show. At first it bothered me but then I learned to appreciate the show for what it is. It's really not made to take it seriously.

Honestly I cannot wait for season 2! So many unfinished storylines and unanswered questions to explore in the coming season(s).

Phaye Monster
34 minutes ago, Galvon said:

Can you tell me what you liked about it without giving spoilers?

Hide contents

I'm mostly disapointed in the characters tbh. They're not likeable. Also the edgyness feels very forced, the smoking, drinking, the gore... It's really missing the magic for me.

I mean I know it's suposed to be differen't, but I can't watch it without Winx in mind, and thinking wtf were they thinking while creating this new show? It feels like a big fy towards winx fans. Even when I try look beyond that, it feels like a mediocore teenshow.

I've only seen the first 3 episodes, does it get better?

I definitely think it gets better, in particular Stella gets a lot more development as the season goes on. The smoking/drinking only really happens in one episode. I still think it’s very Winx, there are a lot of callbacks to the original. I’d stick with it:)

lilboyblue

It was all good until that awful

Spoiler

transformation scene in the last episode. That sh** came out of nowhere!

Archived