💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Lawmakers to be fined $5k is they bypass metal detectors to House floor

Jill

200828-think-nancy-pelosi-se-1012a_7e192

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Wednesday that starting next week, lawmakers will face hefty fines if they refuse to go through newly installed metal detectors to enter the House chamber.

Pelosi said that the House will adopt new rules when it returns to session Jan. 21 to mandate stiff fines for bypassing security: $5,000 for the first offense and $10,000 for the second. The fines will be deducted from lawmakers' salaries. 

“It is tragic that this step is necessary, but the chamber of the People’s House must and will be safe," Pelosi said in a statement. 

The incoming fines for refusing to comply with new security measures come after numerous House Republicans berated Capitol Police officers on Tuesday and Wednesday for asking them to go through the metal detectors.  

Several GOP lawmakers defiantly pushed past Capitol Police and sergeant-at-arms staff into the chamber without going through the magnetometers.

Members of Congress are typically given a pass on going through security in the Capitol complex if they show their lawmaker pins. But the new security measure went into effect Tuesday after last week's attack on the Capitol by a violent mob in support of President Trump that tried to stop Congress from ratifying President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory.

“To ensure compliance with Capitol Police Board regulations concerning firearms and incendiary devices, as well as to provide a safe and secure environment in which to conduct legislative business, effective immediately, all persons, including Members, are required [to] undergo security screening when entering the House chamber,” acting House Sergeant-at-Arms Timothy Blodgett wrote in a memo to lawmakers and staff.

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), who has pushed for carrying a gun in the Capitol, was seen by reporters Tuesday night setting off a metal detector and declining to turn over her bag to the police for inspection.  

Another House Republican, Rep. Steve Womack (Ark.), shouted at police to "get back" and "don't touch me."

Read More: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534165-pelosi-announces-lawmakers-will-be-fined-if-they-bypass-metal-detectors-to

Love Story at midnight 💛💛
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

ProdigyARTPOP
43 minutes ago, SlipAway said:

Shitfest

I guess, #ThankYouNancy

Is this you siding with her or ? 

SpadesToStart

Some of these Republicans could really benefit from a xanax

• Like 1

Supersonic

These Republicans are panicking because the metal detector could reveal them being into chastity devices tbh

• LMAO 5

PartySick

First the mask fines and now this. Say what you want, Pelosi knows how to do her damn job :applause:

Entitled Repugnants believe that unless they're free to do literally whatever they want then it's oppression.

Life is short but also terribly, terribly long~
  • Like 2

uo111

RIP

... wait, the police didn’t shoot them? But they didn’t comply??? This doesn’t fit with my authoritarian police state fantasy :huh:

bionic

This should be challenged in the Supreme Court

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1

ThisGuyTony

Good. I read one of the idiots my state elected refused to go through the metal detectors. :billie:

• Like 1

MANiCURE1295
5 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Good. I read one of the idiots my state elected refused to go through the metal detectors. :billie:

Omg you’re from Colorado? How TF did y’all let Lauren get elected? What a psycho :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 2

Jill
3 hours ago, bionic said:

This should be challenged in the Supreme Court

Why?

Love Story at midnight 💛💛

Chromatican

Sorry, but with QAnon congresswomen this is a good move. Just because you are an elected official doesn’t mean you can’t be a mass shooter or enabler. 

• Thanks 1

ThisGuyTony
22 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Omg you’re from Colorado? How TF did y’all let Lauren get elected? What a psycho :ladyhaha:

I’m not sure but it’s embarrassing. :enigma: She’s literally in the news everyday. :smh: 

chromatic puzea

they're scared that the metal detectors are gonna connect their vaccine microchips to the 5G

hard to even fathom which parts you should believe
  • LMAO 1

chromatic puzea
13 hours ago, Jill said:

Several GOP lawmakers defiantly pushed past Capitol Police and sergeant-at-arms staff into the chamber without going through the magnetometers.

i thought republicans were all blue lives matter

edit: wait i thought it said that they physically pushed the police, gheys don't read sorry

Edited by chromatic puzea
hard to even fathom which parts you should believe