💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

INCREDIBLE The Late Late Show Performance

moonsago

Featured Posts

moonsago
4 hours ago, Bebe said:

It’s spectacularly produced and they are all incredibly good looking, are unbelievably talented dancers and are good singers. The performance is undeniably fantastic. Not particularly to my taste, but fantastic none the less.

Do have an issue with the “lazy” comment though. A lot of the artists you talk about, while heavily marketed, have a layer of authenticity that is sometimes lacking in the perfectly choreographed, polished performances of K-Pop groups.

Some of these performers audition as 10 year olds, go through 10+ years of extensive training in singing and dancing while also being expected to maintain a certain weight and public image. They are then handpicked and thrown into a group of similarly trained stars where they then have an entire production team working on songs, videos and performances. Their entire output is consciously designed to aggressively appeal to their target audience.

It’s a little different from, even the most heavily marketed and popular modern US pop stars, like Ariana Grande who is obviously heavily marketed, trained in media, has wardrobe and make up teams and choreographers/vocal coaching. Ariana still has more artistic control, personal control and has more of a say in what her public image will be.

If she decided to go on this show and simply stand and sing with minimalistic choreography, it’s not necessarily out of laziness, it’s because she has an idea of the sort of performance she wants to deliver, an idea of her identity and public image and a level of control over her career that K-Pop stars don’t have. It isn’t a team of creative, marketing minded, people directing her every move it’s Ariana Grande working WITH her creative team to execute a particular vision.

Even artists like Katy Perry, who many people see as super “manufactured”, writes songs and has videos like the behind the scenes superbowl video where she clearly the “boss” directing her team.

You wouldn’t often see that with a K-Pop group and that’s not a criticism. These are fantastically produced songs/videos/performances featuring the most talented, beautiful performers and created by the most talented marketing and production teams. The results are undeniably high quality. It’s just not fair to put different artists/performers in the same category and that goes for the K-Pop artists with writing credits too.

Hello, while I do agree with some of the points you made, I also disagree with some of the things you’ve said. What you fail to recognize is the fact that some of these groups DO HAVE creative control over their work, Seventeen being one of them. As I mentioned numerous times, they write, produce and choreograph what they do. There are multilple other groups that have such control as well, Stray Kids and BTS being some of them too. Both these other groups are heavily involved in writing their material and choosing the concepts and storylines for their work. Not all songs, but for the largest part they do. Now, what is so wrong about being ‘handpicked’ to be in a group by a group of professionals that have experience and see potential? Isn’t that how for example, Little Mix was formed too? A group constantly praised on this site, and I group I also ADORE. It’s the same thing. I’d argue to say that they even had less freedom then the groups I just mentioned. Also, what is so wrong about having a team behind you? Gaga does too, and especially at the beginning of her career her team was huge and I hope you all realise that not all the performances, music videos, fashion, concepts, etc came just out of her... right? It’s impossible for one person to create something of that scale. You need a team behind you to guide you and come up with ideas as well. It’s absolutely normal. I know very well that some kpop groups are literal slaves to their companies, especially smaller ones, but what bothers me is this generalized idea that people push uppon the entire industry which is very unfair to the groups, like Seventeen who do what they want to do and have their label support them. And that is the level of authenticity that you mentioned american artists have... its the same thing. There are artists who have control and who don’t in both industries. I understand that the ‘lazy’ comment offended a lot of people but that is truly how I feel about some american artists ( again, I feel like I have to mentioned again that I said SOME ), they make more money then those groups yet they don’t care to build a team behind them to help them improve and give more or try to do it by themselves. You have male rappers and male artists who literally stand on a stage with 2 lights and call it a day... that to me is lazy because it doesn’t happen ONCE or twice, it happens all of the time. There is no production value. Some of these kpop groups do work WITH a team as well, they are not just directed, they have imput in music videos and choose what they wanna wear and do as well. It’s really unfair to paint them all as slaves, diminish their work, questions how much they deserve what they have, question their authenticity and integrity, question their imput, when they do the same sh*t american artists do as well. But better in most cases. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
moonsago
2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

"Lazy" No girl. These people just have an ENTIRE COMPANY working on this performance, and they have like zero creative control lol 

They do have control over their work, just as much as any other ‘not lazy’ American artist. You guys just fail to recognize that and accept it because it’s a ‘boy band’. As I said, they write, produce and choreograph their music. If your idea of authenticity is ‘doing everything by yourself and without a team’ then I have news for you, 99% of all your favorite American artists sit in the same pot as them. Including Gaga, she has a team too that comes up with ideas, she can’t physically do everything, it’s normal. But idk why having a team is such a bad thing to you guys... do you expect them to set up the lights too? Come on

2 hours ago, bionic said:

Mainstream KPOP is so uninspired.

I disagree, not all of it. Of course there are cases but its the same in the US as well. Ya’ll just love to generalize to bring down these people for whatever unjustified reason you might have.  

21 hours ago, moonsago said:

Hello, while I do agree with some of the points you made, I also disagree with some of the things you’ve said. What you fail to recognize is the fact that some of these groups DO HAVE creative control over their work, Seventeen being one of them. As I mentioned numerous times, they write, produce and choreograph what they do. There are multilple other groups that have such control as well, Stray Kids and BTS being some of them too. Both these other groups are heavily involved in writing their material and choosing the concepts and storylines for their work. Not all songs, but for the largest part they do. Now, what is so wrong about being ‘handpicked’ to be in a group by a group of professionals that have experience and see potential? Isn’t that how for example, Little Mix was formed too? A group constantly praised on this site, and I group I also ADORE. It’s the same thing. I’d argue to say that they even had less freedom then the groups I just mentioned. Also, what is so wrong about having a team behind you? Gaga does too, and especially at the beginning of her career her team was huge and I hope you all realise that not all the performances, music videos, fashion, concepts, etc came just out of her... right? It’s impossible for one person to create something of that scale. You need a team behind you to guide you and come up with ideas as well. It’s absolutely normal. I know very well that some kpop groups are literal slaves to their companies, especially smaller ones, but what bothers me is this generalized idea that people push uppon the entire industry which is very unfair to the groups, like Seventeen who do what they want to do and have their label support them. And that is the level of authenticity that you mentioned american artists have... its the same thing. There are artists who have control and who don’t in both industries. I understand that the ‘lazy’ comment offended a lot of people but that is truly how I feel about some american artists ( again, I feel like I have to mentioned again that I said SOME ), they make more money then those groups yet they don’t care to build a team behind them to help them improve and give more or try to do it by themselves. You have male rappers and male artists who literally stand on a stage with 2 lights and call it a day... that to me is lazy because it doesn’t happen ONCE or twice, it happens all of the time. There is no production value. Some of these kpop groups do work WITH a team as well, they are not just directed, they have imput in music videos and choose what they wanna wear and do as well. It’s really unfair to paint them all as slaves, diminish their work, questions how much they deserve what they have, question their authenticity and integrity, question their imput, when they do the same sh*t american artists do as well. But better in most cases. 

Read what I wrote again, never once did I imply working with a team of people:

#1 was bad

#2 doesn’t happen with western pop stars 

moonsago
19 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Read what I wrote again, never once did I imply working with a team of people:

#1 was bad

#2 doesn’t happen with western pop stars 

No, but you were creating ‘differences’ between the teams kpop artists have and american artists have... differances that I was pointing out to be untrue in a lot of those kpop cases, like Seventeen and BTS and Stray Kids to name a few. And I was saying that they work WITH their team like how you said Ariana does for example and not be told  completely what to do like how you implied. And I was also saying how yes there are such cases in kpop but there are such cases in western pop too. My point was to inform you that this generalized image that you guys have of kpop in which these idols are basically slaves to their companies and have no control or say in their artistic direction is untrue. I have been into kpop for 2 years now and I used to have the same misconception about the industry until I started to dive deeper and notice that things are not exactly like that. I was trying to educate you and everybody else on here that said the same thing as you ( or acted disrespectfully ) on the subject so such misconceptions stop existing because I think it’s unfair to discredit these artists like that. That’s all, hopefully this clarifies what I was trying to say in the previous comment. 

NichuuB
On 1/14/2021 at 1:32 AM, GagaSine said:

It’s a different kind of corniness, and I feel like when Gaga is corny it is not nearly as in your face as this. Idk how to explain it but it’s how they’re trying to act smooth and slick but it just feels so very forced. Like i just don’t find what they’re trying to sell believable in any way.

They are trying too hard to be edgy. But that kind of edgy that only 10-12 boys like, and we just see it as cringe:ohwell: This is the same case for those news rappers like lil pump and xxxtentacion

Proprietary of @Xi Jinping

Archived