💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

INCREDIBLE The Late Late Show Performance

moonsago

Featured Posts

Teletubby
4 hours ago, moonsago said:

most are just lazy & don’t care to invest time and money in their work yet they expect positive results.

Who? give us the names

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon
3 hours ago, Serial Chiller said:

But I really don’t have to tell you this. Kpop fans know better than anyone that their faves have almost zero artistic control over their image or music. Not denying their talent and drive. These are completely separate aspects. 

You can enjoy them without assigning imaginary attributes like integrity and authenticity.

what will it take people like you to believe that many artists actually DO have the creative control over their work? they have the writing and production credits, they discuss their work publicly with a deep understanding of the creative decisions they made and many of them made music independently before joining a band.

so yes, whilst a couple of bands like red velvet or loona, have no creative control over their work, there are groups and artists that control almost everything when it comes to their music, often credited as the sole songwriters of their songs (dare i say, almost more often than western artists).

the artist formerly known as melancholia

edengowon
22 minutes ago, Warhol Killer said:

yes stan SEVENTEEN

who's your bias :pray:

warhol killer
22 minutes ago, Autumn said:

who's your bias :pray:

I have trouble between choosing these 3 guys :bradley:

b5e0ce598bc678c88cf001e0dc92d06c.jpge415f912b6c90623bb778f4228b89664.jpge199c97bac55f287b6885a361e7c45cc.jpg

who's yours? :stalkga:

ALSO 337ad40fdb1093523300548ca61528e6.jpg 

is my bias wrecker I hate him :triggered:

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

edengowon
8 minutes ago, Warhol Killer said:

I have trouble between choosing these 3 guys :bradley:

b5e0ce598bc678c88cf001e0dc92d06c.jpge415f912b6c90623bb778f4228b89664.jpge199c97bac55f287b6885a361e7c45cc.jpg

who's yours? :stalkga:

ALSO 337ad40fdb1093523300548ca61528e6.jpg 

is my bias wrecker I hate him :triggered:

i bias vernon and hoshi is my bias wrecker!

you have taste :kiss:

moonsago
5 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I don't see why we need to have a fight about authenticity every time kpop is brought up on ggd... let them be

That said, while i do enjoy some kpop songs, it's never past the bop aspect for me. I've yet to hear one with substance, that says or does something that hasn't been done tirelessly before. But that's probably just mainstream groups

That is most likely because you haven’t dived deeper into discographies, there are plenty of groups that discuss real important subjects such as mental health, criticism over the school system, self love, social media and so on, mainstream ones too. Its just like anywhere else in the world, there will be music that talks about something important and music that is made just to be fun, light and catchy. And both are fine, to me personally. I don’t think all songs need to be deep and complex, some can just be straight up bops like you said. And this is not direct at you, but its just so tiring to see how people wanna discredit everything about kpop without even knowing sh*t about it and talking out of their a*s, for no apparent reason but to be a hater, bashing these poor people that work their butts off to be somebody, calling them inauthentic and without integrity like what does that even mean? Is being a great singer and dancer and performer inauthentic? Is that not work put in by that person? Do we discredit skills like that? The lengths some people on here will go just to discredit and insult these idols is just insane... but I’m sure they liked Sour Candy and want it to be a single because that’s any different... 

moonsago
4 hours ago, KennyRichie said:

It actually is not that bad. But the song could be better, 

And this is a respectable opinion. Wish more people could voice it like this too instead of being mean for no reason. 

littlepotter
25 minutes ago, moonsago said:

That is most likely because you haven’t dived deeper into discographies, there are plenty of groups that discuss real important subjects such as mental health, criticism over the school system, self love, social media and so on, mainstream ones too. Its just like anywhere else in the world, there will be music that talks about something important and music that is made just to be fun, light and catchy. And both are fine, to me personally. I don’t think all songs need to be deep and complex, some can just be straight up bops like you said. And this is not direct at you, but its just so tiring to see how people wanna discredit everything about kpop without even knowing sh*t about it and talking out of their a*s, for no apparent reason but to be a hater, bashing these poor people that work their butts off to be somebody, calling them inauthentic and without integrity like what does that even mean? Is being a great singer and dancer and performer inauthentic? Is that not work put in by that person? Do we discredit skills like that? The lengths some people on here will go just to discredit and insult these idols is just insane... but I’m sure they liked Sour Candy and want it to be a single because that’s any different... 

Well I agree, that's what I was gonna talk about but you said it before me

chaeri pls

It’s spectacularly produced and they are all incredibly good looking, are unbelievably talented dancers and are good singers. The performance is undeniably fantastic. Not particularly to my taste, but fantastic none the less.

Do have an issue with the “lazy” comment though. A lot of the artists you talk about, while heavily marketed, have a layer of authenticity that is sometimes lacking in the perfectly choreographed, polished performances of K-Pop groups.

Some of these performers audition as 10 year olds, go through 10+ years of extensive training in singing and dancing while also being expected to maintain a certain weight and public image. They are then handpicked and thrown into a group of similarly trained stars where they then have an entire production team working on songs, videos and performances. Their entire output is consciously designed to aggressively appeal to their target audience.

It’s a little different from, even the most heavily marketed and popular modern US pop stars, like Ariana Grande who is obviously heavily marketed, trained in media, has wardrobe and make up teams and choreographers/vocal coaching. Ariana still has more artistic control, personal control and has more of a say in what her public image will be.

If she decided to go on this show and simply stand and sing with minimalistic choreography, it’s not necessarily out of laziness, it’s because she has an idea of the sort of performance she wants to deliver, an idea of her identity and public image and a level of control over her career that K-Pop stars don’t have. It isn’t a team of creative, marketing minded, people directing her every move it’s Ariana Grande working WITH her creative team to execute a particular vision.

Even artists like Katy Perry, who many people see as super “manufactured”, writes songs and has videos like the behind the scenes superbowl video where she clearly the “boss” directing her team.

You wouldn’t often see that with a K-Pop group and that’s not a criticism. These are fantastically produced songs/videos/performances featuring the most talented, beautiful performers and created by the most talented marketing and production teams. The results are undeniably high quality. It’s just not fair to put different artists/performers in the same category and that goes for the K-Pop artists with writing credits too.

Robo Ga

"Lazy" No girl. These people just have an ENTIRE COMPANY working on this performance, and they have like zero creative control lol 

🤖⚡️

edengowon
20 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

"Lazy" No girl. These people just have an ENTIRE COMPANY working on this performance, and they have like zero creative control lol 

they legitimately write, compose and produce their entire creative output :triggered:

Archived