Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The COTCC storyline and plot

Sneaky Oliver

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

Hey guys. The last few days have been quite turbulent about LDR and I’m not willing to discuss the interview/Instagram situation here. 

I want to express my take on the marvelous COTCC video and the plot that made many people confused. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB8Jf1zcS76qB7sCfU14F

It’s well known that the video references the infamous chemtrails conspiracy theory which says the airplane trails of smoke may contain toxic substances that affect the people directly. 

When the video was released, many people had speculated that the chemtrails made Lana and her friends turn into “monsters”.  You can see the chemtrails in the sky multiple times throughout the video and then there’s the plot. 

I think the storyline is actually the opposite. The flawless lives they portray throughout the video actually come from the chemtrails effect: they’re living carelessly, completely unaware of ongoing issues and ignoring their dark sides.

Once the twister shows up and the toxic smoke clears, the effect is gone. It’s when they finally meet their inner demons and darkness. I think the ultimate message of the video is that we have to own our shadows because they’re real and trying to live a perfect life is a futile effort and, ultimately, just an illusion. 

This message also conveys with Lana’s recent comments about how the domestic violence and mental issues have increased during pandemics, because people are finally meeting their dark sides and can’t deal with it because of the lack of constant distractions (like clubbing and shopping as herself has mentioned before). 

The chemtrails are a metaphor to how society tends to make us paralyzed and stop us from analyzing our issues and feelings as individuals. I believe the album is going to be about getting to know your true self and your role within society. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaVWvuoSUHfMbccMxRoxx

Please share your thoughts and theories and DO NOT come to this thread to drag her ass, you’re free to ignore my words. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

LilyLark

Interesting interpretation! I definitely read it the other way around, but I like your explanation better.

Sneaky Oliver
7 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Interesting interpretation! I definitely read it the other way around, but I like your explanation better.

Thanks! The latest interview of hers made me think the video is, in fact, just a metaphorical representation of everything she was talking about it.

Plus, Let me Love You Like a Woman fits the “true self” narrative because it talks about leaving LA and returning to her hometown! 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Miichael

This is super interesting! I hadn't connected the dots between the subject matter of the lyrics and the imagery until now and that's such an interesting take on it. I'm so excited for this era and the intricacies that are yet to come! Hoping for a lot more conceptual insight and whatnot into the theme surrounding the title

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

Sneaky Oliver
37 minutes ago, Miichael said:

This is super interesting! I hadn't connected the dots between the subject matter of the lyrics and the imagery until now and that's such an interesting take on it. I'm so excited for this era and the intricacies that are yet to come! Hoping for a lot more conceptual insight and whatnot into the theme surrounding the title

I think the lyrics mean there’s nothing wrong about knowing this powerful, controlling system exists, we still can be strange, wild and free! 

“There’s nothing wrong contemplating God under the chemtrails over the country club” like you can still look for a positive outcome even thought there are negative things 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived