💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Demi Lovato to perform at Biden's Inauguration Day event..

Louie

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewUsername

I really want Gaga to perform at the inauguration as well, pleaaaase, come on, she's perfect for it.

LilyLark

Demi? Gaga, John Legend, and Lizzo have all worked with Biden before so I figured it would be one of them....or that Biden would go old school with someone like Patti LaBelle. But Demi????? It doesn't make sense on multiple levels: she's not "uncontroversial" or as big of a name as other artists who have done work for his campaign.

I know mostly everyone on here was convinced it was Gaga, but she's still somewhat polarizing and considering Biden was propelled to his win by older Black voters I thought he might go with a legendary Black singer (a la Patti or Stevie Wonder). I honestly wonder (and this isn't just as a Gaga fan) if bigger names turned the gig down since there were rumblings of attacks even before the 6th happened last week.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, NewUsername said:

I really want Gaga to perform at the inauguration as well, pleaaaase, come on, she's perfect for it.

Demi and Justin are just such weird choices to the point I wonder if others turned it down due to safety concerns. Obama and Clinton had Aretha Franklin FFS. How do you go from Aretha, Beyonce, etc....to Demi? Especially since musicians like Bruce Springsteen, Gags, Lizzo, John Legend, etc. have all done concerts for Biden's campaign.

I actually thought it would be someone like Patti LaBelle or Stevie Wonder more than Gaga or Lizzo for the national anthem, but I figured Gaga would still perform something as there is usually a general celebration. The more I think about, the more I'm convinced for security reasons a ton of artists decided not to perform.

LilyLark
14 minutes ago, Babel said:

I’m glad Gaga is skipping this mess. 

Allegedly half the Dem party just wants a very private swearing in due to safety concerns, and the other half feels like they need a somewhat typical inauguration to show the insane Trumpers they haven't scared us into submission. Anyway, agree that it's probably for the best Gaga isn't participating in it.

They should do a virtual vent of some sort, no need to risk lives and have the ceremony cloaked by safety concerns.
Would LOVE to see Gaga make some sort of announcement though! Singing the national anthem or just popping in to a̶n̶n̶o̶u̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶r̶o̶m̶a̶t̶i̶c̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶2̶ congratulate the new president!

✧ ✧ ✧

PunkTheFunk
5 hours ago, Red said:

I am just going to convince myself he called Gaga and she said no :bear: 

America, I'm devastated 

G U C C I

I was really hoping she would perform but given the climate in DC I am kinda glad she isn't and honestly that could be the reason we are seeing these odd choices for performers. 

Chromatican
7 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

I was really hoping she would perform but given the climate in DC I am kinda glad she isn't and honestly that could be the reason we are seeing these odd choices for performers. 

This. Honestly I know they don’t want to “let the terrorists win” but having a virtual inauguration just seems safest with the threats and covid. 

Archived