Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

“drivers license” with 13M streams [6M in US] on Spotify yesterday

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Achromatic

it’s a good (meh) song but she’s “new” in the scene, how tf she broke the actual-main-pop-gurl record? :confused:

I’m my bestfriend

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
2 hours ago, Achromatic said:

it’s a good (meh) song but she’s “new” in the scene, how tf she broke the actual-main-pop-gurl record? :confused:

The same way Avril did with Complicated, or Gaga with The Fame, and so on. She resonates with young people of the time. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Thomas P

It's weird seeing people here calling her new (even though she clearly is), because I've known her pretty well for over a year now. Anyone who watched the new high school musical show (so most people below the age of 19, the demographic who rule what tops the charts) know of her almost as much as they know Billie Eilish. She's just one of those people. She is for my younger siblings what Miley or Selena were for me, but the song was so good (imo) that it went viral on its own accord, so it doesn't seem that weird to me. I haven't heard my sisters streaming a song this much since Thank U, Next came out, and people my age and above are in the same boat. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

lifeasgeorge

Honestly this song blowing up makes me feel so old, this is the first time I was unaware of a rising pop girl 

But it does seem odd that her first single broke these records in it's first day of release. Like not even the main pop girls have achieved these daily stats and Olivia did it in less than a week :oprah: it would make sense if there was an organic rise like most debut hits but this happened literally overnight. I wonder how her album sales will translate~~~

live and let live

Thomas P
1 minute ago, lifeasgeorge said:

Honestly this song blowing up makes me feel so old, this is the first time I was unaware of a rising pop girl 

But it does seem odd that her first single broke these records in it's first day of release. Like not even the main pop girls have achieved these daily stats and Olivia did it in less than a week :oprah: it would make sense if their was an organic rise like most debut hits but this happened literally overnight. I wonder how her album sales will translate~~~

young people who were interested in disney channel celeb drama then stuck around cause they loved the song was the main reason for its instant success

Snorlax
17 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

It's weird seeing people here calling her new (even though she clearly is), because I've known her pretty well for over a year now. Anyone who watched the new high school musical show (so most people below the age of 19, the demographic who rule what tops the charts) know of her almost as much as they know Billie Eilish. She's just one of those people. She is for my younger siblings what Miley or Selena were for me, but the song was so good (imo) that it went viral on its own accord, so it doesn't seem that weird to me. I haven't heard my sisters streaming a song this much since Thank U, Next came out, and people my age and above are in the same boat. 

Me thinks she made a sacrifice to the dark lord

satan breakdance GIF by Joseph Harmon

:ladyhaha:

Thomas P
Just now, Snorlax said:

Me thinks she made a sacrifice to the dark lord

satan breakdance GIF by Joseph Harmon

:ladyhaha:

all the best girls do

Spoiler

BXCoFC6IUAAytQ3.jpg

beyonce_0.jpg?auto=compress&crop=faces&f

taylorswiftzeenalavey.jpg

Ladey Gaygay

yall are literally bullying a 17 year old when most of you guys are like older than 28 PLS

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

chromatic puzea

i really love the song but i think it's some ppl's first time hearing a song go from build up to next verse

great song but there is too much hype

defo deserved the streams though

do u like the jojo siwa song

5 minutes ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

yall are literally bullying a 17 year old when most of you guys are like older than 28 PLS

You're  completely right but ageism isn't cute either. You'll get to our age too one day. 🤷

Ladey Gaygay
1 minute ago, Hades said:

You're  completely right but ageism isn't cute either. You'll get to our age too one day. 🤷

d-did you just admit to bullying:billie:

and im just telling yall to not act like 13 year olds:koons:

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

2 minutes ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

d-did you just admit to bullying:billie:

and im just telling yall to not act like 13 year olds:koons:

I agreed with you about the bullying. It's not right to bully others but that has to do with someone's personality (those who do it) and not their age. 

Btw i didn't comment anything about Olivia so i don't admit anything. 🙂

ZiggyZiggs
5 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The same way Avril did with Complicated, or Gaga with The Fame, and so on. She resonates with young people of the time. 

yea but those songs took time to be hits and for the artists themselves to be known. this girl had overnight success. literally. never seen anything like it before. industry plant vibes af but good for her.

Archived