Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Eh Eh has no Autotune?

27monster27

Featured Posts

Genuine Guy 09
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

Yup, agree. Her vocal style is interesting to me. She clearly had a "lighter" and "sweeter" tone in some ways, and yet I can recall some of her early performances (she did Honest Eyes on Kevin and Bean) where her voice sounded very close to how she sounds today. Basically, despite age—all singers voices deepen a bit with age—and her former smoking habit her voice has remained very, very close to what it was like when she was 19-22. And yeah, I agree that she's technically a much better singer nowadays although I get why some like the old sound on tracks like Summerboy.

I think a lot of GP would hear her songs on radio and then be so confused when they heard her live - she'd sing the songs a step down and I think this was to help her. She just sounded very different live like she had power and more gritty vs. Being another blonde pop star that looks manufactured. 

I noticed when she sung the songs from 09 there was no backing track. Whereas if you watch her very early performances it's almost as if she is just singing along to her own songs...she must have decided that she didn't want any backing track so that's why she went on such a transformation. 

I think she attempted to sing the songs in her old voice and struggled with projection and technique/damaging her voice so they adapted the songs by lowering the pitch of the instrumental.

Then eventually at the end of 09, her voice is like Stefani again, but maturer. See:

To

To 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Rolodex of Hate
4 hours ago, nathantj594 said:

Masters in Music here, you should know that pitch correction and auto-tune are the same thing. They just didn’t have the slider turned up like tpain on Eh Eh. 

I'm also doing a music master's here in the UK and am a music producer - there is a difference, in the sense that autotune is a less precise form of pitch correction - it autotunes all the vocals so that they correspond totally to the key of the song. Contrastingly, pitch correction is used to correct specific notes so that they are in tune, leaving the other notes that sound on pitch. In this way, it's generally a lot more natural-sounding, as you can pinpoint the specific notes that you think sound off. 

We have no legal choice but to stan

nathantj594
9 hours ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

I'm also doing a music master's here in the UK and am a music producer - there is a difference, in the sense that autotune is a less precise form of pitch correction - it autotunes all the vocals so that they correspond totally to the key of the song. Contrastingly, pitch correction is used to correct specific notes so that they are in tune, leaving the other notes that sound on pitch. In this way, it's generally a lot more natural-sounding, as you can pinpoint the specific notes that you think sound off. 

I’m tired of arguing the point.
Autotune : Pitch correction :: Clorox : Bleach

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

27monster27
10 hours ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

I think a lot of GP would hear her songs on radio and then be so confused when they heard her live - she'd sing the songs a step down and I think this was to help her. She just sounded very different live like she had power and more gritty vs. Being another blonde pop star that looks manufactured. 

I noticed when she sung the songs from 09 there was no backing track. Whereas if you watch her very early performances it's almost as if she is just singing along to her own songs...she must have decided that she didn't want any backing track so that's why she went on such a transformation. 

I think she attempted to sing the songs in her old voice and struggled with projection and technique/damaging her voice so they adapted the songs by lowering the pitch of the instrumental.

Then eventually at the end of 09, her voice is like Stefani again, but maturer. See:

To

To 

That actually unfortunately is a misconception. If you listen to Lady Gagas voice from October 2008 to March of 2009, you can tell that her voice slowly got more strained, and her range decreased by a lot. Lady Gaga hinted numerous tomes throughout 2009 that she did drugs at one point, and felt bad about it because of how much of a perfectionist she is. She was most definitely referring to how drugs damaged her vocals. Her voice prior to October 2008 is how her voice normally sounded.

he/him/his

djBuffoon

She has an incredible pitch center, but there are several notes here that she just misses and would've been fixed later.

Archived