Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Eh Eh has no Autotune?

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

So this appeared awhile back:

Obviously the song might have some effects like echoes and reverb, which is completely normal to appear in a song, but I don't really hear any differences here in pitch from the album version.

he/him/his

Xoxo Adriana

unlike the tragic “oOoH yeEaAhH!” demo version:bradley:

FameHookah

No, not even paparazzi, that was her pre fame voice it was lighter, listen to red and blue.

I miss her sweet tone.

WTF is MDNA

Doily Skull

She definitely has pitch correction on this song. It’s not “auto tune” style like Just Dance, but there is always pitch correction.

EDIT-
Source: I’m a trained musician with a trained ear (at the risk of sounding pretentious 😅) I can definitely tell a difference between the two, but it’s subtle. There are a number of parts where she goes a little sharp or flat, but that’s absolutely normal. With the exception of a few broadcasts that aren’t really in her control, she’s never performed with live pitch correction.

~staying stupid through my holy days~

27monster27
22 minutes ago, Doily Skull said:

She definitely has pitch correction on this song. It’s not “auto tune” style like Just Dance, but there is always pitch correction.

EDIT-
Source: I’m a trained musician with a trained ear (at the risk of sounding pretentious 😅) I can definitely tell a difference between the two, but it’s subtle. There are a number of parts where she goes a little sharp or flat, but that’s absolutely normal. With the exception of a few broadcasts that aren’t really in her control, she’s never performed with live pitch correction.

After listening to it more you are right. There are a few parts where she just goes a bit off key, but like you said it is normal and not major. Regardless though, the fact that the recording still sounds so similar to the studio version is pretty impressive.

he/him/his

nathantj594
28 minutes ago, Doily Skull said:

EDIT-

Masters in Music here, you should know that pitch correction and auto-tune are the same thing. They just didn’t have the slider turned up like tpain on Eh Eh. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Doily Skull
13 minutes ago, nathantj594 said:

Masters in Music here, you should know that pitch correction and auto-tune are the same thing. They just didn’t have the slider turned up like tpain on Eh Eh. 

I had actually said “autotune style”, colloquially referencing the program that induced the heavy pitch correction style that T-Pain and Cher were known for using. Wasn’t trying to say they were two separate things, but I see how it came across that way. 😅 I get where you’re coming from, and you’re also right. Haha.

(Edited for clarity and because I’m afraid it sounded a little short)

Catnikko
41 minutes ago, nathantj594 said:

hun no they are not the same thig

pitch correction can be melodyne, which you manually adjust some notes, there's nothong AUTO in that, autotune is legit just auto tuning where you set the key and it corrects the notes automatically 

like the difference is right there in the names 'autotune' and 'pitch correction' the difference is exactly that

Doily Skull
8 minutes ago, PlasticWeave said:

pitch correction can be melodyne, which you manually adjust some notes, there's nothong AUTO in that, autotune is legit just auto tuning where you set the key and it corrects the notes automatically 

like the difference is right there in the names 'autotune' and 'pitch correction' the difference is exactly that

I mean they’re both pitch correction programs, so they’re right in context, but you’re also right because what you’re describing is more along the lines of what GarageBand offers when it comes to pitch correction. When I said autotune, I meant the heavy electronic style the actual program AutoTune was known for, which we hear in Just Dance. It’s all a little confusing, I’m sorry!

nathantj594
19 minutes ago, PlasticWeave said:

Hun yes they are. That’s like saying Kleenex and tissues aren’t the same thing. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Genuine Guy 09

Her voice was so cute when she recorded TF, when it came time to perform the songs her voice had changed a lot. She got better and better though 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

LilyLark
35 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Her voice was so cute when she recorded TF, when it came time to perform the songs her voice had changed a lot. She got better and better though 

Yup, agree. Her vocal style is interesting to me. She clearly had a "lighter" and "sweeter" tone in some ways, and yet I can recall some of her early performances (she did Honest Eyes on Kevin and Bean) where her voice sounded very close to how she sounds today. Basically, despite age—all singers voices deepen a bit with age—and her former smoking habit her voice has remained very, very close to what it was like when she was 19-22. And yeah, I agree that she's technically a much better singer nowadays although I get why some like the old sound on tracks like Summerboy.

Catnikko
1 hour ago, nathantj594 said:

Hun yes they are. That’s like saying Kleenex and tissues aren’t the same thing. 

no it's like saying an automatic car is the same as driving a manual..

Defmix100

Like already mentioned there is pitch correction which could have been autotune with a high retune speed (so it's very limited on which areas it alters). She sounds so close to the final song so I'm confused when she said (or what I've seen from people quoting her) that the producers or label used autotune to change her voice and hide her tone

Archived