If Trump is convicted will Pence become 46 for two days? :madge:

sexy

evil vs evil

not surprising that either would betray the other lol

• Like 1

gabeoz
15 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Nope. The senate trial can't happen until Biden's inauguration because McConnell simply doesnt have the power to bring senate back into session before the end of its scheduled recess on the 19th. The goal is to vote to convict AFTER the inauguration so they can legally bar Trump from ever running for office again. (And at that point Schumer will take control as majority leader and lead the impeachment effort)

Edited by gabeoz
  • Like 7

Gagaloo911
19 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

Nope. The senate trial can't happen until Biden's inauguration because McConnell simply doesnt have the power to bring senate back into session before the end of its scheduled recess on the 19th. The goal is to vote to convict AFTER the inauguration so they can legally bar Trump from ever running for office again. (And at that point Schumer will take control as majority leader and lead the impeachment effort)

Gurl he has more than enough power to bring them back before the recess ends. He's literally the majority leader and sets those things.

He's just choosing not to.

SpadesToStart

It would be the smart thing if he doesn’t want to deal with Trump again.

Do I honestly think Trump could win a general election in 2024 against Biden or Kamala? No, not after everything that’s happened.

Do I think Trump could win a bunch of primaries and steal the Republican nomination in 2024? Very possible, which I’m sure a lot of the pre-Trump GOP power structure is terrified of.

• Like 1

Chromatican
2 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

It would be the smart thing if he doesn’t want to deal with Trump again.

Do I honestly think Trump could win a general election in 2024 against Biden or Kamala? No, not after everything that’s happened.

Do I think Trump could win a bunch of primaries and steal the Republican nomination in 2024? Very possible, which I’m sure a lot of the pre-Trump GOP power structure is terrified of.

I really don’t think Joe will run again in 2024, he is already 78.

gabeoz
7 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Gurl he has more than enough power to bring them back before the recess ends. He's literally the majority leader and sets those things.

No, he does not. He does not have the constitutional authority to just end the senate recess once it starts. For it to end prematurely it requires unanimous consent by the entire senate which would be near impossible.

Jill
1 minute ago, gabeoz said:

No, he does not. He does not have the constitutional authority to just end the senate recess once it starts. For it to end prematurely it requires unanimous consent by the entire senate which would be near impossible.

But he does, because McConnel is the senate. That's why he gives Chancellor Palpatine vibes /s

ARIZONA IS BLUE GODDAMMIT

SpadesToStart
10 minutes ago, Jill said:

But he does, because McConnel is the senate. That's why he gives Chancellor Palpatine vibes /s

I disagree. Ted Cruz is trying sooo hard to inherit the Trump crowd he would never go along with anything that could hasten impeachment. He already disobeyed McConnel about objecting to the electoral college vote.

Jill
11 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

I disagree. Ted Cruz is trying sooo hard to inherit the Trump crowd he would never go along with anything that could hasten impeachment. He already disobeyed McConnel about objecting to the electoral college vote.

So? Ted Cruz is already falling in disgrace anyways.

MJHolland
30 minutes ago, Jill said:

5 minutes ago, Jill said:

So? Ted Cruz is already falling in disgrace anyways.

45 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

To definitively state for the record, bringing the Senate back into session from this recess would require unanimous consent (i.e. all 100 senators agreeing). So there is no way in hell Trump will be removed from office early even with McConnell's support.

Don't get your hopes too high for that. 

• Thanks 1

Jill
Just now, MJHolland said:

To definitively state for the record, bringing the Senate back into session from this recess would require unanimous consent (i.e. all 100 senators agreeing). So there is no way in hell Trump will be removed from office early even with McConnell's support.

Don't get your hopes too high for that. 

I know :poot: I just made a sarcastic remark

Lion Heart

Right, this is to bar Trump from running again. 

Agunimon
7 hours ago, Chromatican said:

I don't think so. Most political experts on a few different news channels are predicting that this will go into Biden presidency.