Chromatica out now

politics

Bernie Sanders pushing Biden about Emergency Universal Healthcare

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Jed
1 minute ago, Chromatican said:

A candidate who promised Universal Healthcare during a pandemic would’ve lost? :awkney:

Love the snarky britney gif like you dont fundamentally misunderstand just how little a huge gigantic portion of americans give a **** about something like that. Just because you travel in liberal circles.. lol nevermind

• LMAO 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheQueenLG

• FATCAT

• HorusRa2

• Economy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GIRL I just got an MRI done that cost me $1000. I was seriously contemplating taking the L and letting the aneurysm or tumor kill me  This is absolutely necessary.    (ended just bein

The only major US politician with a spine.

HorusRa2
1 hour ago, gabeoz said:

Bernie would have taken away votes from Biden. Biden won by razor thin margins in multiple states and Bernie made it clear that his priority was to defeat Trump by whatever means necessary. I supported Bernie in both 2016 and 2020 (even going to rallies before COVID) but lets not act like going 3rd party wouldnt have bombed Biden's chances and left us with 4 more years of Trump.

Universal healthcare/some kind of single payer option is widely supported and what gave Bernie immense support in the primaries. Obama convincing nearly every candidate to drop out the race and endorse Biden a day or two before super Tuesday is what costed Bernie the nomination. 

The original comment said Bernie should have gotten concessions by threatening a third party bid if Biden did not comply. Had that been the strategy and had Biden complied to Bernies demands, he would have in theory not ran 3rd party and therefore not taken votes from Biden. I think youre just mistaken in how you read the original comment. 

• Like 2
TheQueenLG
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

And then Trump would have won, dooming every bit of that. Bernie's smarter than that.

Something > nothing

The onus is on Biden to capitulate to the demands of the people. The people are demanding M4A. 

If Biden failed to support the policies that Bernie demanded on behalf of the people, it would be Biden and the Dem party's unwillingness to listen to the people that would be responsible for Trump's reelection. 

Within the current "strategy" of incrementalism we'll never get M4A. 

Lines must be drawn in the sand and power/leverage must be exercised. 

TheQueenLG
3 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Or maybe Bernie knows that doing what you prescribed will literally hurt the chances of the things he wants actually coming to fruition. He’s being smart about it.

Endorsing Biden while he had no promise of universal health care did/does not actually help universal health care come to fruition. 

Fighting for universal health care helps it come to fruition. 

The pragmatism or being "smart" that you allude to is the very reason we are the only major developed country in the world to fail to guarantee its citizens health care as a human right. 

TheQueenLG
1 hour ago, gabeoz said:

Bernie would have taken away votes from Biden. Biden won by razor thin margins in multiple states and Bernie made it clear that his priority was to defeat Trump by whatever means necessary. I supported Bernie in both 2016 and 2020 (even going to rallies before COVID) but lets not act like going 3rd party wouldnt have bombed Biden's chances and left us with 4 more years of Trump.

Reread my argument because you just misrepresented it

• Like 1
TheQueenLG
43 minutes ago, Jed said:

This is idiotic. He would lose any bargaining capital he had left with democrats if he siphoned votes off during the election.

Biden did not own anyone's votes. It was his responsibility to go out and win over voters during the primary and/or general. 

The idea that Bernie as a third-party candidate would be "siphoning" off votes from Biden is undemocratic.

TheQueenLG
43 minutes ago, Jed said:

Love the snarky britney gif like you dont fundamentally misunderstand just how little a huge gigantic portion of americans give a **** about something like that. Just because you travel in liberal circles.. lol nevermind

Nearly 70,000 Americans die every year because of our failure to adopt a system like M4A. 

Thousands of others are bankrupted and millions do not have the coverage necessary to go to a doctor without going into debt. 

This is so incredibly detached from reality that I have no idea how to engage with this. 

• Thanks 1
PartySick
2 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

There is no proof that is what would happen and you saying it doesn't make it true. 

If you take less than 100,000 Biden votes across like three states then Trump wins. If Bernie were to split the left's votes like that Trump would have 100% won :laughga:

🧡No matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here🧡
  • Thanks 2
PartySick
42 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

The onus is on Biden to capitulate to the demands of the people. The people are demanding M4A. 

If Biden failed to support the policies that Bernie demanded on behalf of the people, it would be Biden and the Dem party's unwillingness to listen to the people that would be responsible for Trump's reelection. 

Within the current "strategy" of incrementalism we'll never get M4A. 

Lines must be drawn in the sand and power/leverage must be exercised. 

I think you guys are over estimating how popular Bernie is. If he was as powerful as you say then he would have won the primary instead of Biden.

He has/had just enough influence to have been a spoiler for Biden and give the election to Trump.

Like, I'm all for him pushing a progressive agenda in the senate and making sure Biden never forgets that those are the popular policies but to suggest that he could have won an independent bid against Biden and Trump after a huge primary loss to Biden is laughable at best.

Bernie is a great senator and I love him for putting things like M4A and drastic action on climate change at the beginning of every conversation but let's be real here.

🧡No matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here🧡
  • Thanks 2
TheQueenLG
29 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I think you guys are over estimating how popular Bernie is. If he was as powerful as you say then he would have won the primary instead of Biden.

He has/had just enough influence to have been a spoiler for Biden and give the election to Trump.

Like, I'm all for him pushing a progressive agenda in the senate and making sure Biden never forgets that those are the popular policies but to suggest that he could have won an independent bid against Biden and Trump after a huge primary loss to Biden is laughable at best.

Bernie is a great senator and I love him for putting things like M4A and drastic action on climate change at the beginning of every conversation but let's be real here.

I haven't said a single thing about Bernie's popularity or if he would fair well during a general election.

Also, there are serious considerations such as the media's false narratives and dnc corruption that made Biden win the primary. Bernie's policy positions were and remain more popular than Biden's. 

I never suggested he could win in an independent bid. The threat of an independent bid would have been frightening. If Biden failed to capitulate, he'd likely lose. Therefore, Bernie could have forced Biden's hand into doing what the people want. The fact that we have to force Biden into doing what is popular and demanded by large majorities of Americans is problematic in the first place, if we're being honest. 

Bernie performatively holds great policy positions, but with a movement behind him, he failed to extract concessions from Biden that would have helped materially improve the lives of millions. On that, he was wrong. And there will be deadly implications. 

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1
Oriane
2 hours ago, Chromatican said:

A candidate who promised Universal Healthcare during a pandemic would’ve lost? :awkney:

74M of Americans voted for someone who did absolutely nothing to fight against the pandemic and did nothing for general healthcare either so...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
Chromatican
34 minutes ago, Oriane said:

74M of Americans voted for someone who did absolutely nothing to fight against the pandemic and did nothing for general healthcare either so...

80M didn’t vote at all. If Biden pushed a more cogent message it’s almost certain he would’ve gotten more of a decisive victory.

• Like 2
Whispering
26 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

80M didn’t vote at all. If Biden pushed a more cogent message it’s almost certain he would’ve gotten more of a decisive victory.

If Bernie pushed a more cogent message, it’s almost certain he would’ve gotten the nomination.

Roughly 66 per cent of eligible voters turned out to vote in 2020, more than any other year. Biden won both the popular and electoral vote. It was a decisive victory.

Biden beat Trump by more than 4.9 million votes, at 76.4 million. He broke the record for most votes ever received by a presidential candidate, which had been  held by Barack Obama for his 2008 win. 2020 also saw record voter turnout. According to the U.S. Elections Project, the nation saw the highest voter turnout for a presidential election in more than a century. 

Edited by Whispering
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
TheQueenLG
24 minutes ago, Whispering said:

If Bernie pushed a more cogent message, it’s almost certain he would’ve gotten the nomination.

Roughly 66 per cent of eligible voters turned out to vote in 2020, more than any other year. Biden won both the popular and electoral vote. It was a decisive victory.

Biden beat Trump by more than 4.9 million votes, at 76.4 million. He broke the record for most votes ever received by a presidential candidate, which had been  held by Barack Obama for his 2008 win. 2020 also saw record voter turnout. According to the U.S. Elections Project, the nation saw the highest voter turnout for a presidential election in more than a century. 

Yeah, Bernie is definitely not perfect. I can criticize him easily and often do. 

With almost 160 million votes casted, winning by 5 million is hardly, hardly decisive. lol

In terms of the electoral college, Donald Trump won more than 230 electoral votes. I don't think anyone in good-faith would call that decisive either. 

Receiving the most votes ever is hardly something to celebrate because that can be chalked up almost entirely to population growth. 

Also, high electoral turnout was not based on the policy objectives or talent of Joe Biden, but on a rejection of Donald Trump. 

It's not necessary for you to try to make Biden's win look better than it was. He barely beat Donald Trump, a freakin' reality tv show host. And Biden's a racist, war-crime-committing rapist. 

• Like 1