🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Bernie Sanders pushing Biden about Emergency Universal Healthcare

Luc

Can we please stop the argument that left-wing politicians would get more votes? There's not a single leftist politician in the western world who wins from a centre-left politician in whatever system. Corbyn, a Bernie-like candidate for Labour in the UK, made the UK left weaker than at any point in the past fifty years. He couldn't even win against Theresa May, a woman with less charisma than Hillary Clinton's nails. Bernie Sanders didn't win the primaries. AOC and other people in the 'squad' performed among the worst of all house candidates compared to Biden's performance in their district. 

Stop assuming that because a policy is polled as popular, that the politician making the proposal becomes more popular. There is no evidence for that when it comes to progressive policies. All evidence points to progressive incrementalism being the bigger vote-winner, feel free to show me otherwiss.

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Whispering
16 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

It's not necessary for you to try to make Biden's win look better than it was. He barely beat Donald Trump, a freakin' reality tv show host. And Biden's a racist, war-crime-committing rapist. 

And Bernie couldn’t beat Hillary or Biden. Bernie is a two time loser. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TheQueenLG
20 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Yes, he is. lol. I am further to the left of Bernie and I have many critiques of him, including his lack of electoral success. 

Are you willing to engage with critiques of Biden? Like his rape allegations? Or his history of war crimes? 

Whataboutism is not gonna work here. 

• Thanks 2

HorusRa2
5 hours ago, PartySick said:

If you take less than 100,000 Biden votes across like three states then Trump wins. If Bernie were to split the left's votes like that Trump would have 100% won :laughga:

Again, re-read the original comment made because you also misinterpreted it. 

• Like 2

bionic
2 hours ago, Whispering said:

Biden is also a two time loser, to be fair.

`once universal healthcare is rolled out it will be hard to roll it back

buy bionic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Agunimon
3 hours ago, Whispering said:

Bernie is a two time loser. 

Biden ran for president in 1988 and 2008...

• Thanks 6

Morphine Prince
7 hours ago, Whispering said:

And so is Hillary Clinton. 

Lost a primary and then gave us Trump. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Economy
13 hours ago, Luc said:

Can we please stop the argument that left-wing politicians would get more votes? There's not a single leftist politician in the western world who wins from a centre-left politician in whatever system. Corbyn, a Bernie-like candidate for Labour in the UK, made the UK left weaker than at any point in the past fifty years. He couldn't even win against Theresa May, a woman with less charisma than Hillary Clinton's nails. Bernie Sanders didn't win the primaries. AOC and other people in the 'squad' performed among the worst of all house candidates compared to Biden's performance in their district. 

Stop assuming that because a policy is polled as popular, that the politician making the proposal becomes more popular. There is no evidence for that when it comes to progressive policies. All evidence points to progressive incrementalism being the bigger vote-winner, feel free to show me otherwiss.

I think support polls get complicated and are further harder to analyze once u add multiple options where u can't tell easily whose a 2nd or 3rd fav who would still get support if the one polling from someone's support wasn't in the picture foot example

These numbers have many ways of interpreting the data and ppl will argue whatever they want to believe tbh

ALGAYDO
22 minutes ago, Economy said:

@ALGAYDO is that really sad react worthy? Ur so extra sometimes :toofunny:

It was to me :huntyga: I don’t mind being a bit extra 

plus you get a rep point outta it so it’s a win-win :huntyga:

Edited by ALGAYDO
  • LMAO 1

Economy
19 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

It was to me :huntyga: I don’t mind being a bit extra 

plus you get a rep point outta it so it’s a win-win :huntyga:

:enigma:

HorusRa2
2 hours ago, Economy said:

I think support polls get complicated and are further harder to analyze once u add multiple options where u can't tell easily whose a 2nd or 3rd fav who would still get support if the one polling from someone's support wasn't in the picture foot example

These numbers have many ways of interpreting the data and ppl will argue whatever they want to believe tbh

Thats fair but literally every primary exit poll shows majority support for Medicare for All. National polls now still show a majority support for it. I dont think anyone can just generalize all of those data points and interpret it as anything other than people support that policy. 

• Like 4

FATCAT
19 hours ago, TheQueenLG said:

Endorsing Biden while he had no promise of universal health care did/does not actually help universal health care come to fruition. 

Fighting for universal health care helps it come to fruition. 

The pragmatism or being "smart" that you allude to is the very reason we are the only major developed country in the world to fail to guarantee its citizens health care as a human right. 

Bernie is fighting for Medicare for All, he’s just not doing it recklessly or being stupid about it. Throwing tantrums while we’re trying to beat a facist is the stupidest thing you can do.

Purr more, hiss less.

Chromatican
15 hours ago, Luc said:

The US hasn’t even had a legit left-wing politician as the Democratic nominee since Bill Clinton’s third way platform took over, a platform that has been devastating for the Democratic Party’s connection to the working class over the years. Biden is basically a right winger, someone promising Medicare for all most likely would’ve garnered more support. Florida voted on a $15 minimum wage and marijuana was legalized everywhere it was on the ballot. AOC is also a rising star, and every congressperson who supported M4A won re-election. Quit with the narrative that Democrats have to be Republican lite to win because John Kerry, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden proved that centrist Democrats lose or underperform. 

Edited by Chromatican
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gabi001

Why are Americans so opposed to universal health care? I don't get it. 

I'm not having fun tonight.