💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Clarifies so Y’all Can Eat Your Words

beaublue

Featured Posts

NYC Monster

This woman could literally push someone in front of traffic and ya'll would pardon her :billie:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen
1 minute ago, Autumn said:

for an album about delusion and mystery hid beneath the surface of california glamour, the title chemtrails over the country club is clearly ironic/sarcastic. i mean... it's kinda obvious.

Oh c'mon :flop: What does chemtrails have to do with California glamour?  Is she endorsing the conspiracy of chemtrails or making fun of it? Critiquing? Nobody knows because it's extremely vague. It's the opposite of obvious.

2 minutes ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

It's satire, and I'm surprised that you think the title is literal. The mask had film behind it too. 

Broader question: Do the new generation just want to be outraged by everything and/or are they too uneducated to lack basic critical thinking skills

Who's offended? I think it's weird. Please show me where she even hints that it's satire. She's being vague on purpose. If I missed something she said I'll gladly eat my words.

SonOfAphrodite

The only issue recently I’ve had with Lana was with the mask situation. I think people are so quick to crucify her because she is an easy target. It blows my mind people are calling her a trump supporting republican. She needs to word things better which is just a precaution of the times we are living in. She has done questionable things but never things warranting some of the disgusting comments I have seen. There are men in music who straight up unabashedly support the president who aren’t being torn apart. This woman who isn’t even a republican is trying to defend herself and is being torn apart. 

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Your fave hasn't made it clear if she supports Trump or not, and hasn't even condemned what happened at the capitol. But you wanna give her a pass because she released an album? 

When will Lana own up to her problematic mistakes? 

She condemns what happened in this video 

Also lust for life as an album in general is so clearly reflective of how concerned she was living under the trump admin. Also in that era she publicly spoke about cutting down her american aesthetic bc she was not proud of america anymore. So.

edengowon
5 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Yeah but you know what? I can own upto my mistakes and hold my hands up. I'll admit when I'm wrong. I'll apologise and I'll make positive steps forward, just like I have done. But don't make this about me :yennefer:

Your fave attacked successful women last year because she was frustrated that her songs don't get the same attention as theirs. Your fave then attacked woman of colour, and took videos of people at the BLM protest with their faces making it easy for police to track them. Your fave is wearing a face mask with holes in it. Your fave hasn't made it clear if she supports Trump or not, and hasn't even condemned what happened at the capitol. But you wanna give her a pass because she released an album? 

When will Lana own up to her problematic mistakes? When will Lana stop attacking those who are correctly coming for her and say "I'm sorry"? She is messy af and time after time y'all give her a pass because she makes the same music that y'all get your life to. 

she stated today that she doesn't support trump at all, and suggested the other day that she voted for biden. so no, she has actually clarified whether she supports trump, AND in the video above, condemned what happened at the capitol. half of your statements are simply incorrect. 

the artist formerly known as melancholia

littlepotter
2 minutes ago, LadyDelRey said:

This woman could literally push someone in front of traffic and ya'll would pardon her :billie:

I'm ****ing screaming, the dramatics of it all. Imagine thinking that when she's just trying to clear her name over stupid accusations. Yall just LOVE to see female artists being torn down

chaeri pls

BUtterfield 8
18 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

I can point to 5 problematic instances just on this forum alone.

ClearcutVariableGoat-size_restricted.gif

BUtterfield 8
19 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Still named her album chemtrails and wears a mask of holes :bear:

How is the album name problematic lol

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Autumn said:

she stated today that she doesn't support trump at all, and suggested the other day that she voted for biden. so no, she has actually clarified whether she supports trump, AND in the video above, condemned what happened at the capitol. half of your statements are simply incorrect. 

Not a half, a small portion maybe. 

End Racism Now

edengowon
4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Oh c'mon :flop: What does chemtrails have to do with California glamour?  Is she endorsing the conspiracy of chemtrails or making fun of it? Critiquing? Nobody knows because it's extremely vague. It's the opposite of obvious.

Who's offended? I think it's weird. Please show me where she even hints that it's satire. She's being vague on purpose. If I missed something she said I'll gladly eat my words.

it's making fun of it. do you seriously think she titled an album 'chemtrails over the country club' because she supports the chemtrails conspiracy? yes it is vague, because she's an artist. sorry that she didn't name her album 'song collection number seven' and instead decided to go with something vaguely poetic. a lot of artists use vague titles. tell me what chromatica means, or whether evermore is 'critiquing or making fun of' the concept of time, as your logic would suggest.

alsemanche
12 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Your fave attacked successful women last year because she was frustrated that her songs don't get the same attention as theirs. Your fave then attacked woman of colour, and took videos of people at the BLM protest with their faces making it easy for police to track them. Your fave is wearing a face mask with holes in it. Your fave hasn't made it clear if she supports Trump or not, and hasn't even condemned what happened at the capitol. But you wanna give her a pass because she released an album? 

1. she did not attack anyone and (as usual) y'all jumped to conclusions (she did word herself weirdly, I'll give you that, but anyone with comprehension skills could understand past that)

2. she did not attack women of color... again, y'all read whatever you wanted to read

3. that video was posted and removed when she realized that it wasn't smart to post it. she obviously did not post them to dox them for the police, she's not evil. 

4. the face mask thing is BS, i'll give you that (she justified it but meh i don't really believe it)

5. she's trashed Trump 500 times, and literally did it in the clarification video above???? but again, y'all choose to ignore that

This is not even coming from a Lana stan. I literally like 2 of her albums and I always find her politics a mess but the attacks that are being thrown at her are just fake outrage at this point. Is she perfect? f*ck no she's not. But her politics are (to me at least) somewhat less questionable than many others, including Gaga. 

Try to maybe actually listen and understand what she's saying before cancelling her for stuff people decided that she said. The video above is VERY clear. Maybe listen to her for once rather than what others are saying about her. Again, her politics are nowhere near prefect (they're not even good to begin with), but to act like she's endorsing Trump and is a Republican like many are saying here and elsewhere is just blatant ignorance at this point. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

edengowon
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Not a half, a small portion maybe. 

no, i just looked back at it. half is a healthy guess.

littlepotter
7 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Yeah but you know what? I can own upto my mistakes and hold my hands up. I'll admit when I'm wrong. I'll apologise and I'll make positive steps forward, just like I have done. But don't make this about me :yennefer:

When will Lana own up to her problematic mistakes? When will Lana stop attacking those who are correctly coming for her and say "I'm sorry"? She is messy af and time after time y'all give her a pass because she makes the same music that y'all get your life to. 

This is absolutely ridiculous. You have hated Lana ever since I've known you on this forum and take every opportunity to bash her, and here we are with a huge list of baseless assumptions you've made that require a simple Google search to debunk, or even watching the video in the OP itself would suffice. She's come out against Trump too many times for this to be an issue. I won't even address the part about admitting when you're wrong because the irony is extreme

chaeri pls

BleepBloop
10 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Thanks for reminding me of why I chose to put you on the ignored user list on here, it's pretty ironic, really. You're just SO ignorant, fuelled purely by bias and uninformed. Sad

Archived