Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Clarifies so Y’all Can Eat Your Words

beaublue

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver
4 hours ago, Chromatican said:

This. Sorry Lana but you clearly don’t have the range to discuss political and societal issues in an in depth way. This is why I am glad Gaga didn’t do too much promo these last few months. There’s just way too much going on in the world nowadays and pop culture/entertainment is taking a backseat for most people. Even Gaga has been out of her element in some political conversations, and Lana seems less informed than Gaga, so her ideas don’t come across well. 

She went to Philosophy college but you think she can’t talk about politics because she’s a woman or an artist? Now this is a actual problematic comment :yennefer:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver

I think it’s sad that she has to defend herself because an actual very smart statement she has made and people can’t understand or just won’t understand so they can keep dragging her. Her words were clear enough this time yet certain members here keep acting dumb.

As a Lana fan, I know for sure she’s not into interviews and episodes like this only make her stay away from new ones which means less content for me as a fan. 

So you guys are not only attacking a woman, calling her out for things she has never done, offending her and diminishing her work, but you’re also ruining the experience of the fans. 

I hope next interviews she specifically demands no political questions and she will only talk about her new music.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

RudraCNG

People love to take words completely OUT OF CONTEXT. The thing is, most people who do that are haters without life who want to create drama out of nothing. Let people live.

RudraCNG

Btw, there's a longer video on her IG, I think it's important to watch the whole video.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJ9j8wuhZTh/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I really love how natural and unscripted she always sounds, unlike some other celebrities. She's not the type of "artist" who will refer to a controversy with some lenghty text with nice-y and empty words completely manufactured.

This whole situation is another reminder that people will think whatever they want to think about public figures and insistently project that image onto them, even if there is evidence to debunk whatever claims are being made. I think the issue of misinformation due to out of context soundbites/claims runs much deeper than celebrity PR nightmares in our society, but you can see it in action here.

I'll never understand the obsession with trying to 'prove' that individuals are Trump supporters, Republicans, etc. For what? Especially when it's been made clear that's not the case. What an absolute waste of energy and total misplacement of anger over what's actually happening with the Far Right.

Has Lana said and done some things that have made me, as a fan, cringe deeply? Definitely. Has she made statements that appear tone deaf, poorly timed and overall just problematic? Yes. Is she in defence of Trump and the Capitol Hill riots? Obviously not. Don't be so ridiculous.

FentyGa
8 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm still finding it so bizarre that people regarded those comments as racist. She included white artists in her list. And she was giving examples of the women who were at the top of the charts recently, she can't help what race they are, if they were all white, she definitely would have listed them instead. And she wasn't bashing them, just saying that if they can sing about sex without being crucified by critics, why wasn't she able to? She likes and is friends with a lot of the artists she mentioned as well. It's amazing how people just zero on the race of anyone mentioned and decide to make the speech all about that. Lana said nothing about race, her speech wasn't about race, yet people made it about race. It boggles my mind that this is a cancellable offence in people's mind these days. Remember the days where you had to do something severe like beat someone up to get cancelled? Now you just have to say a phrase that could've been worded better and boom, some people don't want to listen to your music anymore. Just something to consider.

I consistently ignore your dissertations idk why you still quote me

FentyGa
4 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Can you show me the racist comments

I’m sure you’re aware of the initial scandal in may lol

if you’re looking for an opportunity to tell me they aren’t racist, save it. i won’t agree with you

Miichael
10 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

I dislike the fact that when Lana does something problematic, she's always given a pass. Yet when someone else does something problematic, they are crucified. That's all I'm pointing out. 

Lana is constantly slandered for the things she does though, and the reactions people have made to minor statements she has made over the past months which have either been taken out of contaxt or misinterpreted only consolidate that. She's a very intelligent and well-informed woman 

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

Miichael
10 hours ago, FentyGa said:

deleted it all from my library in may when she made those racist comments

some people put their money where their mouth is yk

The comments she made in May were not racist though, she simply mentioned the names of artists who are of varied races and the subject matter of some of their songs, and questioned why she receives such criticism from either the media or her peers for exploring the themes she wishes to in her own music. It was a comparison and doesn't equal racism. 

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

16 hours ago, Stephen said:

Literally google the word chemtrails

Why are you so confident that she doesn't? You're assuming. I'm just saying I want her to clarify.

Regardless, one could argue that simply by using the word she is legitimizing it. Tons of young LDR fans had never heard of the word chemtrails and now because of her they genuinely believe it means this:

pa-22854576.jpg

There is no critique of it in the song or video. There is no commentary. 

Imagine asking Gaga to offer explanations for all the murders, guns, nazi and borderline satanic imagery in her videos. 

It's all literally just there for your interpretation. Because, to quote her, she's an artist and you're the public.

Omg, y’all have over to hate her this past year. Everyone here thinks they are morally superior than most celebrities. We get it. 

littlepotter
16 hours ago, FentyGa said:

I’m sure you’re aware of the initial scandal in may lol

if you’re looking for an opportunity to tell me they aren’t racist, save it. i won’t agree with you

Very telling you refuse to even explain yourself because there is no single rational way of interpreting "question for the culture" as racist.

The most ironic thing in that whole situation is that in that same post she wrote about being the kind of woman whose narrative gets taken away from her and her voice being manipulated into something that it's not. And everyone said "bet" 

chaeri pls

freebit

I'm surprised at how, despite being concerned with emotions, she manages to be so obtuse (like say how the terrorists who stormed the capital "just wanted a place to wild out" ~in a wild world). It's like she thinks she's Joan Didion, but she's really more along the lines of Marianne Williamson or Goop. Her flippant comments just don't fly for the situation the world is in. That interview and these instagram videos are complete foolishness.

Also, lol @ her being mad at Complex and thinking they've got to act like a Lana stan account because she "had a relationship" with them. It's mega entitled, but also completely unrealistic to think they're going to shield her when there's clickbait to be made. The threat to Rolling Stone was also very cringe. She's got a big head from stans, industry ppl, and music journalists that have been all about her for years, just zero humbleness when she was already egotistical. I saw this coming around 2014ish when everyone stanned her whenever she did something dumb and/or mean (Lorde drags, acting big & bad & threatening to fight Azealia, stanning Elon Musk etc.), and also when people just decided to let her slide on so many issues they'd drag other celebs for (like her fake latina name & occasional accent, the Lolita and sugar baby fetishizing). Her dreamy music & beautiful image was too strong to be beat. I think, much like Taylor Swift, a lot of people used Lana as their self-insert, only it was mostly the people who thought Taylor was too corny/lame, and preferred something edgier, but still desired the similar type of thing she represents.

Archived