💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
news

Chromatica passport cover

Admin
2 hours ago, Debithius said:

Ordered one :p

Thank you! x

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GagaSine

Will shipping ever be available to Canada? I want a calendar so badly. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
March34th
On 1/13/2021 at 6:11 PM, sarahb said:

Not sure how manufacturing more plastic for a passport cover is supposed to be the lesser evil than using leather that already exists. 

Are you aware of how many animals, let alone just cows, are slaughtered for their skin annually worldwide? IF there is leather that already exits in the world, then i think yes we might as well make use of it rather than waste. But it's unacceptable morally to keep slaughtering animals when we don't need to. The planet as a whole should hopefully move away from using animal byproduct, it's not needed, we have plenty of alternatives and ways to create goods without using those materials. the animal agriculture industry is one of the worst industries for our planet as well when it comes to annual emissions or damage to ecosystems and waterways and we need to stop acting like it doesn't impact global warming. Keeping and rearing hundreds of thousands of cattle uses a ton of resources that could be distributed elsewhere, for example most global soy production goes directly to feeding cattle, especially cows raised for leather, meat, or dairy, and these industries all cross one another (dairy cows for example often get sold for slaughter after a while). We could take these resources we use and put them elsewhere.

xcx girl in an xcx world

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
March34th
On 1/13/2021 at 7:03 PM, JustTea said:

I can't agree with this logic. :billie:

How is meat/milk/leather production even bad for nature? Because of CO2? That's a part of plastic production as well.

animal agriculture is extremely destructive to the planet and contributes to deforestation and pollution in numerous ways. most global soy production goes directly to feeding cattle. meat and dairy have a ton of negative health complications. leather and fur, among other animal byproduct, isn't a necessity anymore, we have a ton of alternative materials to use. lastly, cows, pigs, chickens, etc are all sentient and self aware animals capable of experiencing human emotions like joy, fear, pain, attachment to toys, friends, and people, and killing them for our own selfish desires like eating a burger or having a leather couch is inhumane. we need to start treating our planet and fellow earthlings better.

xcx girl in an xcx world

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin
22 hours ago, GagaSine said:

Will shipping ever be available to Canada? I want a calendar so badly. 

Yes! Probably this month, but if not, definitely in February. Thank you for your interest!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustTea
17 minutes ago, March34th said:

animal agriculture is extremely destructive to the planet and contributes to deforestation and pollution in numerous ways. most global soy production goes directly to feeding cattle. meat and dairy have a ton of negative health complications. leather and fur, among other animal byproduct, isn't a necessity anymore, we have a ton of alternative materials to use. lastly, cows, pigs, chickens, etc are all sentient and self aware animals capable of experiencing human emotions like joy, fear, pain, attachment to toys, friends, and people, and killing them for our own selfish desires like eating a burger or having a leather couch is inhumane. we need to start treating our planet and fellow earthlings better.

"However I think microplastics are a far scarier problem. We can reduce animal agriculture and make it more environmentally friendly, but they are literally finding microplastics in fetuses & placentas, and at the top of Mount Everest. People will be born with their bodies already polluted by plastic. This can effect your health in a myriad of ways (endocrine disruption which is pretty serious among other issues). 

Animal agriculture can be fixed and can even play a role in fixing the environment by helping restore top soil and such, microplastics are going to f*ck us for sure." :oops:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
On 1/14/2021 at 5:57 AM, RodeckDanny said:

#GagaDailyShouldn'tSupportAnimalCruelty

LOLLLLL, fashion put it on me

LADY-GAGA.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 🏳️‍🌈 Wiccan ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 Hulkling 🏳️‍🌈 Forever 🏳️‍🌈

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JK Rowling

Most people in the developing parts of the world can’t afford to go vegan. I’m all for cruelty free farms and reducing carbon emissions, but you’re not going to force people to stop eating meat anytime soon. 

Anyone seen that anime “The Promised Neverland”? It’s about human children being raised on farms to feed a society of demons. And when the children escape, they have to learn to kill other living things for food. Really makes them think what it means to be privileged. 
 

Edited by JK Rowling
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
sarahb
2 hours ago, March34th said:

Are you aware of how many animals, let alone just cows, are slaughtered for their skin annually worldwide? IF there is leather that already exits in the world, then i think yes we might as well make use of it rather than waste. But it's unacceptable morally to keep slaughtering animals when we don't need to. The planet as a whole should hopefully move away from using animal byproduct, it's not needed, we have plenty of alternatives and ways to create goods without using those materials. the animal agriculture industry is one of the worst industries for our planet as well when it comes to annual emissions or damage to ecosystems and waterways and we need to stop acting like it doesn't impact global warming. Keeping and rearing hundreds of thousands of cattle uses a ton of resources that could be distributed elsewhere, for example most global soy production goes directly to feeding cattle, especially cows raised for leather, meat, or dairy, and these industries all cross one another (dairy cows for example often get sold for slaughter after a while). We could take these resources we use and put them elsewhere.

We don't live in a vegan world so I'd rather see the leather go to use than end up in landfill so we can produce more plastic. 

Working towards more sustainable animal agriculture and replacing fossil fuels (the number one contributer to climate change by far) with renewable energy is more realistic and a better use of energy and resources than convincing everyone to go vegan ever will be. 

Edited by sarahb

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RodeckDanny
8 hours ago, RAMROD said:

LOLLLLL, fashion put it on me

LADY-GAGA.jpg

old and outdated 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop Art

Wish there was a faux leather option, I'd probably buy one if there was cuz it's so cute and I love the Chromatica ticket! (And yes I'm vegan before anyone comments, that's specifically why I want one that's not real leather. :p)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...