Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Post your unpopular opinions on songs/albums!

AndiGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27monster27

Reasons why COADF singles didn't get airplay (or barely got any) in the US (in terms of percentage):

Ageism: 1%

Songs not being hip hop influenced: 4%

A continuation of the American Life boycott: 95%

----

It can't be ageism. She got four top ten hits and two number ones in the UK, which would also be the country where she would have a controversy surrounding ageism in 2014/2015. The songs not being hip hop influenced is only a small part of the issue. 2005 was the same year that "Every We Touch" achieved a very surprising level of single success in the US despite being a eurodance song. Ray of Light and Music were very different from other albums of the time, but their singles still got airplay. Without a doubt the only thing left is the American Life boycott. Saying that the singles did not "sound like anything else on the radio" was only a coverup. It is true that they didn't sound like other things on the radio at the time, but we also have the aformentioned situations with Ray of Light and Music. It's pretty clear that people in the US were still mad at Madonna for American Life.

he/him/his

HausOfAntonio
9 hours ago, Art Police said:

imagine going to a club and the DJ builds a track up and up for a big dance break.....then cuts it off. No.

Music is about a build up and release of tension. That's its fundamental appeal. Creative ideas shouldn't get in the way of that.

It makes up for it perfectly with the last last drop. Plus it builds up and still delivers a beat, only not as dramatic as the final drop, so for me it doesn’t really make me frustrated, only more excited for the final drop. If it weren’t for thar detail the song would fall right in the basic territory that you mistook for fundamental. 

PartySick

Positives:

Joanne = ARTPOP > Born This Way > Chromatica > The Fame Monster > The Fame (still all great though)

Gaga's stans are easily the most toxic when it comes to an artist/stan relationship (that I've seen)

Smile is Katy Perry's best album

Miley Cyrus is heavily slept on as a performer and an artist

Taylor Swift improves with every album and I look forward to her being more personable and open

Negatives:

LDR has never made a single interesting piece of music and the only reason I even know she exists is because she put Gaga's name in her mouth like ten years ago or something

Dua Lipa's music is generic

The only thing I find interesting about Ariana's music is the production on a few tracks

🖤

HausOfAntonio

Future Nostalgia would be great if its entirety weren’t COMPLETELY undermined by the diabolically questionable two final tracks. Makes you second guess her taste level imo.

Plastic Doll is a GREAT song but people don’t understand Camp.

Elton sounds amazing in Sine From Above and really adds to the song. 

Mary Jane Holland is the best song ever made. All of music led up to that singular moment and it has yet to be matched. 

PartySick
9 hours ago, LadyDelRey said:

Plastic Doll is one of the worst songs Gaga has ever put out

I would have agreed with this last year but it honestly became one of my favorites

🖤

Sine From Above and 1000 Doves, lyrically, are Gaga's best songs

Speaking of SFA, it should have been a solo song, with a piano demo to accompany the 1000D piano demo

Lottie Winters

Broke with Expensive Taste is a masterpiece.........so is 1991 and the Fantasea Mixtape

but like I’m devastated right now. Cuz I’ve been a huge AB fan since day 1 since the 1991 EP..and after all the sh*t she has to go and boil a cat???? Like for real I excused a lot of stuff because I know what mental struggles feel like, but there’s no going back from that and supporting Trump. Disgusting. Sorry had to get that off my chest.

2 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

It makes up for it perfectly with the last last drop. Plus it builds up and still delivers a beat, only not as dramatic as the final drop, so for me it doesn’t really make me frustrated, only more excited for the final drop. If it weren’t for thar detail the song would fall right in the basic territory that you mistook for fundamental. 

Yes! If you listen to the instrumental what comes from that build up is actually really lovely, it's that gaga dosent up her key that makes it feel like its not a progression, but theres obviously a reason for that in the meaning of the song.

KindnessPunk

Hey Girl is a great song, my favorite on Joanne and in Gaga’s discography overall. It’s exactly what I was hoping for in terms of sound/style for LG5 and I wish she had done more songs like it. The bridge alone is what dreams are made of. 

5 hours ago, Art Police said:

The Rain On Me music video is tacky and does not compliment the song at all:gum:

You’re really going in on Chromatica :triggered: You've posted about 10 opinions, I feel like you've been waiting for this kind of thread, no shade.

I think the Rain on Me video fits it perfectly, the otherworldly dystopian aesthetic fits the Chromatica theme, and obviously you know, the rain. Also the fact they are doing the song together and you see them genuinely connect, Ariana going fully into the Gaga world with her, I think it is anything but tacky

littlepotter
15 hours ago, LGMonster95 said:

Dance in the Dark is not THAT great (It's a good song)

Telephone is one of Gaga's worst songs (It sounds like Gaga was Britney Spearsed)

ARTPOP is one of Gaga's best songs (It's a very poetic/artistic song in a way)

Angel Down (album version) is the better version and overall one of her best songs (same as ARTPOP, It's very poetic and dramatic in a way, it just feels special)

Joanne is also one of her best songs (both versions are very good, it just hits you so much, and It's such a well written song)

Hey Girl is totally not a bad song, most people who doesn't like it simply doesn't like this kind of songs but that doesn't make it bad at all.

Before I Cry deserves a lot more credit, Gaga sounds so good on it

Sine From Above is an amazing and unique song that also deserves a lot more credit, It's just such a spiritual song and both Gaga and Elton sounds perfect on it.

1000 Doves (album version) is better than the piano one (I usually really love Gaga on the piano but I think her vocals are better on the album)

I shook reacted because I think I share every single one of these views

chaeri pls

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic

Archived