Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is there no official 3rd single from Chromatica?

Susanalbumparty

Featured Posts

Gorehound
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

Its nothing to do if Gaga is relevant or not - of course she is. It's just that it was never promoted as a 3rd single. Only a handful of countries actually had it as a 3rd single, as well as the promoted ads for the video. The focus was on the video. There was no official release for 911 as a single, no cover artwork, no link to stream it on Apple Music/Spotify (link was for Chromatica), no banners... nothing. 

If Gaga wanted to, she could serve a great 3rd single. But we all know Gaga's mindset about things - she's been silent. 

It seems like 911 was just a gift to fans, like John Wayne was. And its probably to do with Gaga's state of mind rather than "oh is she culturally relevant". There would be no pop scene without Gaga, even today. Rain On Me proved that, Chromatica hitting number one proved that, Chromatica debuting with large numbers proved that... 

what would be your choice of 3rd single?

I'm fine, Ta

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I still think that Gaga influences things in the US. As I said, Chromatica wouldn't have done as well as it did if Gaga didn't hold weight and influence things in the US market. 

I think Chromatica did well because it was hyped as her return to proper pop. Stupid Love didn’t do much and although Rain On Me was a hit, it had absolutely no lasting power. From what I understand it did better overseas, but here in the states it tanked fairly quickly on radio. What I’m saying is, she didn’t have some Bad Romance-size hit to sell her album and influence everyone around her. Chromatica sold decently because it was a “comeback” of sorts, not because of the quality of the content.

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, Art Police said:

what would be your choice of 3rd single?

If I were Gaga's team, I would have released Sour Candy as an official 3rd single in June or July. Alice as the 4th in August. 911 as the 5th in October, with Sine From Above as the last one with the Valentio Advert. 

But I don’t think its really about choice. Its about promotion, content, and actually do something with the album. Something which has been lacking this era

End Racism Now

Gorehound
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

If I were Gaga's team, I would have released Sour Candy as an official 3rd single in June or July. Alice as the 4th in August. 911 as the 5th in October, with Sine From Above as the last one with the Valentio Advert. 

Interesting. I defo think Sour Candy would have done well but even tho Alice is pretty sick do you rly think people would vibe to it that much?

I'm fine, Ta

xoxo Craig
Just now, Art Police said:

Interesting. I defo think Sour Candy would have done well but even tho Alice is pretty sick do you rly think people would vibe to it that much?

Yes, especially in the summer. In the summer with a banger of a video... it would be a summer anthem. Especially with the circumstances that we had during the summer I can just imagine people blasting it in their garden, or in small gatherings, and on radio. We all miss the clubs but that doesn't stop us from dancing, and Alice could have provided a medium for that. There could have been an extented mix for radios that play dance music at night time

End Racism Now

Gorehound
4 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Yes, especially in the summer. In the summer with a banger of a video... it would be a summer anthem. Especially with the circumstances that we had during the summer I can just imagine people blasting it in their garden, or in small gatherings, and on radio. We all miss the clubs but that doesn't stop us from dancing, and Alice could have provided a medium for that. There could have been an extented mix for radios that play dance music at night time

I always find that it's difficult determining what would be a more successful song over another with Gaga's music, when compared to other pop girls. I guess do to its diversity.

I'm fine, Ta

Stupid Oreo

The Italian single 911 is shaking

Promo single Sour Candy found dead

:ladyhaha:

hieronymus
22 hours ago, bionic said:

It smashed on my own Spotify account

It smashed like a lamborghini into a bicycle

15 hours ago, FentyGa said:

911 was a single it just flopped bc of no promo

No it wasn’t. It wasn’t sent to radio. It wasn’t a single, wasn’t sent to radio, therefore it didn’t flop. 

And Sour Candy is absolutely not coming. Where did this even come from? It’s not happening.

Delulu Rogers
On 1/12/2021 at 12:38 AM, sexy said:

i do think a lot of it is a desire not to flop. 911 was a way to dip a toe in the water and see how it did without the pressure of doing a full on single release.

I really do think part of the reason Gaga has been so distant during the Chromatica release is because so much of what she planned had to be thrown out. I think she's probably angry, embittered, and wants to move on from this era (not unlike how she felt with ARTPOP, but for different reasons).

This was supposed to be her triumphant pop comeback, and it got completely blown up with the coronavirus, because this music was engineered specifically for the clubs. Unlike Future Nostalgia, After Hours, Folklore, or Fine Line, all of which can be appreciated more or less the same through shitty earbuds as through the speakers, Chromatica *REALLY* shines when it's blasted at 100% with subwoofers. This album was designed for the clubs, and I think it really lost a lot of its *oomph* when it was relegated to ONLY streaming.

so I think Gaga really scaled back her plans – it was all or nothing, and she chose the "nothing" approach, and I don't blame her one bit. We still got a lot of great **** out of this era, but I think her mentality was, "I don't want to half-ass it, so I'm gonna drop the album and walk away."

Some might say, "Well, she did half ass it." But how would you feel if you had a huge comeback mapped out, hinging out live performances and crowd engagement, only for a once-in-a-lifetime global pandemic to hit that prevented the crowd-vibe your album hinged on from coming together? I'd be pissed, honestly, and I probably wouldn't want to go on with it and look like a failure.

SL had the hype of a lead single, ROM had Ari, but any 3rd or 4th or 5th single *needed* the clubs to survive. It needed radio, or live performances, or something.

The calculus changed with the pandemic, so I think she cut her losses and moved on. And the thing is, the album still did well – in spite of everything, this bitch is still a force, 12 years into her career, and that says something. She could've gone the way of Fergie, Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefani, etc – artists who were once huge, but tapered off – but she didn't. Bitch proved she could drop an album with little to no promo and still succeed. So imagine what she can do with promo??

Her secret weapon is the fact that, unlike most singers, she can ACTUALLY act, so she has a *long* career in cinema ahead of her. I am NOT worried.

// tl;dr – no 3rd single is a short term problem, but Lady Gaga is a long term player

I don't necessarily agree with this. ASIB only had 1 single despite other songs still doing very well and had tons of hype too, yet she didn't bother with more singles. And SL was very underwhelming and perhaps the worst choice for a lead off the entire album. It was definitely not pop comeback material. There is also no proof of her actually making chromatica some triumphant return to pop music other than Bobby saying they had planned promo for 18 months which is probably a lie anyways. Whatever the reason, it's so frustrating that it's been almost 10 years since we've had an album with more than 2 singles. Like wtf 

Delulu Rogers
On 1/11/2021 at 10:35 PM, Mister Gaga said:

Because streaming killed the eras as we know them, which now last until the album release week UNLESS you are dua lipa.

But if we'd had a third single, Enigma would be a proper choice :huntyga:

All she has to do is just release more singles before the album release in that case. 

Archived