💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is there no official 3rd single from Chromatica?

Susanalbumparty

Featured Posts

Adrenaliner
28 minutes ago, NickyPuppy said:

I personally thought Levitating would be a huge hit and I haven´t heard it once on the radio either... I didn´t like the remixes...

I don´t think Dula Peep did any better than Gaga... :bear: :ladyhaha:

It is actually rising in USA and I hear it all the time on the radio in europe

All my friends (straight and very gp) adore it!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adrenaliner
16 hours ago, sexy said:

i do think a lot of it is a desire not to flop. 911 was a way to dip a toe in the water and see how it did without the pressure of doing a full on single release.

I really do think part of the reason Gaga has been so distant during the Chromatica release is because so much of what she planned had to be thrown out. I think she's probably angry, embittered, and wants to move on from this era (not unlike how she felt with ARTPOP, but for different reasons).

This was supposed to be her triumphant pop comeback, and it got completely blown up with the coronavirus, because this music was engineered specifically for the clubs. Unlike Future Nostalgia, After Hours, Folklore, or Fine Line, all of which can be appreciated more or less the same through shitty earbuds as through the speakers, Chromatica *REALLY* shines when it's blasted at 100% with subwoofers. This album was designed for the clubs, and I think it really lost a lot of its *oomph* when it was relegated to ONLY streaming.

so I think Gaga really scaled back her plans – it was all or nothing, and she chose the "nothing" approach, and I don't blame her one bit. We still got a lot of great **** out of this era, but I think her mentality was, "I don't want to half-ass it, so I'm gonna drop the album and walk away."

Some might say, "Well, she did half ass it." But how would you feel if you had a huge comeback mapped out, hinging out live performances and crowd engagement, only for a once-in-a-lifetime global pandemic to hit that prevented the crowd-vibe your album hinged on from coming together? I'd be pissed, honestly, and I probably wouldn't want to go on with it and look like a failure.

SL had the hype of a lead single, ROM had Ari, but any 3rd or 4th or 5th single *needed* the clubs to survive. It needed radio, or live performances, or something.

The calculus changed with the pandemic, so I think she cut her losses and moved on. And the thing is, the album still did well – in spite of everything, this bitch is still a force, 12 years into her career, and that says something. She could've gone the way of Fergie, Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefani, etc – artists who were once huge, but tapered off – but she didn't. Bitch proved she could drop an album with little to no promo and still succeed. So imagine what she can do with promo??

Her secret weapon is the fact that, unlike most singers, she can ACTUALLY act, so she has a *long* career in cinema ahead of her. I am NOT worried.

// tl;dr – no 3rd single is a short term problem, but Lady Gaga is a long term player

I agree with some, but there are many ways to promote your music even with the pandemic as we have seen

Who knows. She tends to lose steam after the second single. The last time she bothered was during Born This Way. Technically G.U.Y. was official, as it was sent to radio, but remember the 6 month gap between it and DWUW? It didn’t perform at all, either, and there was no promo. I think we all need to make peace with the fact that she’s going to give us albums and that’s it. She’s not interested in chart success or promotion anymore (mostly due to personal insecurities, I feel, but that’s just my silly opinion). I think she may have done more this era, but as mentioned by other posters, I’m sure she’s aggravated and pissed off that literally everything got derailed. I know we know she “could have” done more, but I think Gaga is an all or nothing woman. If she can’t have her way, as planned, she’s going to say screw it. She’d rather not try than try under bad circumstances and fail. (I myself am like this, so I understand)

Tinnitus15
18 hours ago, androiduser said:

911 smashed? where on Earth has it smashed? Do you have any reliable info, not just "I heard it a lot"?

It went to #4 or 5 in Italy without promo....

androiduser
2 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

It went to #4 or 5 in Italy without promo....

on what chart? Not the official weekly chart

The Child
On 1/12/2021 at 7:07 AM, Babel said:

More like “we missed the flight” :yennefer:

More like “the plane has crashed” :laughga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

xoxo Craig

Its nothing to do if Gaga is relevant or not - of course she is. It's just that it was never promoted as a 3rd single. Only a handful of countries actually had it as a 3rd single, as well as the promoted ads for the video. The focus was on the video. There was no official release for 911 as a single, no cover artwork, no link to stream it on Apple Music/Spotify (link was for Chromatica), no banners... nothing. 

If Gaga wanted to, she could serve a great 3rd single. But we all know Gaga's mindset about things - she's been silent. 

It seems like 911 was just a gift to fans, like John Wayne was. And its probably to do with Gaga's state of mind rather than "oh is she culturally relevant". There would be no pop scene without Gaga, even today. Rain On Me proved that, Chromatica hitting number one proved that, Chromatica debuting with large numbers proved that... 

End Racism Now

13 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Its nothing to do if Gaga is relevant or not - of course she is. It's just that it was never promoted as a 3rd single. Only a handful of countries actually had it as a 3rd single, as well as the promoted ads for the video. The focus was on the video. There was no official release for 911 as a single, no cover artwork, no link to stream it on Apple Music/Spotify (link was for Chromatica), no banners... nothing. 

If Gaga wanted to, she could serve a great 3rd single. But we all know Gaga's mindset about things - she's been silent. 

It seems like 911 was just a gift to fans, like John Wayne was. And its probably to do with Gaga's state of mind rather than "oh is she culturally relevant". There would be no pop scene without Gaga, even today. Rain On Me proved that, Chromatica hitting number one proved that, Chromatica debuting with large numbers proved that... 

Now we all love Gaga but let’s not go too far. There was a time where she heavily influenced the entire pop scene without a doubt, but there would’ve been a pop scene without her then and most certainly now. She’s not an influencer anymore. She’s a public figure, but she’s definitely not teaching anyone how it’s done on the pop scene. You used Rain On Me as a point to prove her current relevancy, I use it as a point to prove her need to have younger, more of-the-moment popstars to collaborate with to get a hit. Let’s be real, Born This Way Gaga would’ve never touched an artist like Ariana Grande with a 10 foot pole. It would’ve damaged her “art”.

xoxo Craig
Just now, Xenoqueen said:

Now we all love Gaga but let’s not go too far. There was a time where she heavily influenced the entire pop scene without a doubt, but there would’ve been a pop scene without her then and most certainly now. She’s not an influencer anymore. She’s a public figure, but she’s definitely not teaching anyone how it’s done on the pop scene. You used Rain On Me as a point to prove her current relevancy, I use it as a point to prove her need to have younger, more of-the-moment popstars to collaborate with to get a hit.

I don’t agree. Rain On Me is an authentic collaboration. Its not like she got Ariana on the song so that she could become relevant again. Stupid Love peaked a number 5 after it leaked 6 weeks prior. Everyone will move if Gaga does something, and that's the tea. People were playing Stupid Love leak at concerts lmao. She didn't need Ariana for Rain On Me to be a hit

Gaga influenced and brought back dance roots to pop music, which after years of trap was needed. She's still an influencer after all these years. 

End Racism Now

22 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I don’t agree. Rain On Me is an authentic collaboration. Its not like she got Ariana on the song so that she could become relevant again. Stupid Love peaked a number 5 after it leaked 6 weeks prior. Everyone will move if Gaga does something, and that's the tea. People were playing Stupid Love leak at concerts lmao. She didn't need Ariana for Rain On Me to be a hit

Gaga influenced and brought back dance roots to pop music, which after years of trap was needed. She's still an influencer after all these years. 

No. She brought dance music back when she hit the scene. This time around the likes of Dua Lipa and The Weeknd brought dance back around. I love Chromatica, really I do, but it didn’t influence a thing.

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Xenoqueen said:

No. She brought dance music back when she hit the scene. This time around the likes of Dua Lipa and The Weeknd brought dance back around. I love Chromatica, really I do, but it didn’t influence a thing.

Dua and The Weekend didn't bring back dance. They were more disco and funk, Gaga was dance. 

This song for example was big in the UK and sounds like Rain On Me. 

Rina Sawayama said that she was influenced by Chromatica too. 

End Racism Now

4 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Dua and The Weekend didn't bring back dance. They were more disco and funk, Gaga was dance. 

This song for example was big in the UK and sounds like Rain On Me. 

Rina Sawayama said that she was influenced by Chromatica too. 

I’m not up to speed with the UK. I’m talking about the States, where, frankly, Gaga doesn’t influence anyone anymore. And that’s fine. She influenced more people in her golden days than most people do in their entire careers. 

H from Steps did say Chromatica has gotten him through the pandemic, though...so...🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol

xoxo Craig
Just now, Xenoqueen said:

I’m not up to speed with the UK. I’m talking about the States, where, frankly, Gaga doesn’t influence anyone anymore. And that’s fine. She influenced more people in her golden days than most people do in their entire careers. 

H from Steps did say Chromatica has gotten him through the pandemic, though...so...🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol

I still think that Gaga influences things in the US. As I said, Chromatica wouldn't have done as well as it did if Gaga didn't hold weight and influence things in the US market. 

End Racism Now

Archived