Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is there no official 3rd single from Chromatica?

Susanalbumparty

Featured Posts

Dua and Harry and The Weeknd are GP artists and their music is more mainstream friendly. No matter how much you all try to convince yourselves gaga is not a relevant cultural force to make a third single chart well. Especially one off chromatica. 911 just doesnt sound like a top ten hit. Levitating does. 

Some people whine and complain that they dont get later singles but with Marry the night, john wayne, GUY even if its promoted like crazy and gets a great video it doesnt do well

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because the 3rd single is cursed :emma:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

2 minutes ago, Jed said:

Dua and Harry and The Weeknd are GP artists and their music is more mainstream friendly. No matter how much you all try to convince yourselves gaga is not a relevant cultural force to make a third single chart well. Especially one off chromatica. 911 just doesnt sound like a top ten hit. Levitating does. 

Some people whine and complain that they dont get later singles but with Marry the night, john wayne, GUY even if its promoted like crazy and gets a great video it doesnt do well

so how do you explain that it was easier to 911 to smash the european radio while Levitating (which I love) had to be re-re-re-released so many times in different kind of remixes because the original just didn't catch the listeners?

911 was simply a 3rd single for Europe.

And did you see the top 10? it's trap most of the times anyway + Blinding Lights:laughga: so what are you even talking about, it has been trap for years, pop fans had to push their faves in the teeth to the #1 just to see then free fall afterward..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

i do think a lot of it is a desire not to flop. 911 was a way to dip a toe in the water and see how it did without the pressure of doing a full on single release.

I really do think part of the reason Gaga has been so distant during the Chromatica release is because so much of what she planned had to be thrown out. I think she's probably angry, embittered, and wants to move on from this era (not unlike how she felt with ARTPOP, but for different reasons).

This was supposed to be her triumphant pop comeback, and it got completely blown up with the coronavirus, because this music was engineered specifically for the clubs. Unlike Future Nostalgia, After Hours, Folklore, or Fine Line, all of which can be appreciated more or less the same through shitty earbuds as through the speakers, Chromatica *REALLY* shines when it's blasted at 100% with subwoofers. This album was designed for the clubs, and I think it really lost a lot of its *oomph* when it was relegated to ONLY streaming.

so I think Gaga really scaled back her plans – it was all or nothing, and she chose the "nothing" approach, and I don't blame her one bit. We still got a lot of great **** out of this era, but I think her mentality was, "I don't want to half-ass it, so I'm gonna drop the album and walk away."

Some might say, "Well, she did half ass it." But how would you feel if you had a huge comeback mapped out, hinging out live performances and crowd engagement, only for a once-in-a-lifetime global pandemic to hit that prevented the crowd-vibe your album hinged on from coming together? I'd be pissed, honestly, and I probably wouldn't want to go on with it and look like a failure.

SL had the hype of a lead single, ROM had Ari, but any 3rd or 4th or 5th single *needed* the clubs to survive. It needed radio, or live performances, or something.

The calculus changed with the pandemic, so I think she cut her losses and moved on. And the thing is, the album still did well – in spite of everything, this bitch is still a force, 12 years into her career, and that says something. She could've gone the way of Fergie, Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefani, etc – artists who were once huge, but tapered off – but she didn't. Bitch proved she could drop an album with little to no promo and still succeed. So imagine what she can do with promo??

Her secret weapon is the fact that, unlike most singers, she can ACTUALLY act, so she has a *long* career in cinema ahead of her. I am NOT worried.

// tl;dr – no 3rd single is a short term problem, but Lady Gaga is a long term player

2 hours ago, dynamite said:

Ikr it went from "the journey continues" to "we have reached our destination" :neyde:

More like “we missed the flight” :yennefer:

TimisaMonster

Sir...didn't you hear...the journey continues...ChromaticaTV...Stay tuned...:bear:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Sofianer
4 hours ago, sexy said:

i do think a lot of it is a desire not to flop. 911 was a way to dip a toe in the water and see how it did without the pressure of doing a full on single release.

I really do think part of the reason Gaga has been so distant during the Chromatica release is because so much of what she planned had to be thrown out. I think she's probably angry, embittered, and wants to move on from this era (not unlike how she felt with ARTPOP, but for different reasons).

This was supposed to be her triumphant pop comeback, and it got completely blown up with the coronavirus, because this music was engineered specifically for the clubs. Unlike Future Nostalgia, After Hours, Folklore, or Fine Line, all of which can be appreciated more or less the same through shitty earbuds as through the speakers, Chromatica *REALLY* shines when it's blasted at 100% with subwoofers. This album was designed for the clubs, and I think it really lost a lot of its *oomph* when it was relegated to ONLY streaming.

so I think Gaga really scaled back her plans – it was all or nothing, and she chose the "nothing" approach, and I don't blame her one bit. We still got a lot of great **** out of this era, but I think her mentality was, "I don't want to half-ass it, so I'm gonna drop the album and walk away."

Some might say, "Well, she did half ass it." But how would you feel if you had a huge comeback mapped out, hinging out live performances and crowd engagement, only for a once-in-a-lifetime global pandemic to hit that prevented the crowd-vibe your album hinged on from coming together? I'd be pissed, honestly, and I probably wouldn't want to go on with it and look like a failure.

SL had the hype of a lead single, ROM had Ari, but any 3rd or 4th or 5th single *needed* the clubs to survive. It needed radio, or live performances, or something.

The calculus changed with the pandemic, so I think she cut her losses and moved on. And the thing is, the album still did well – in spite of everything, this bitch is still a force, 12 years into her career, and that says something. She could've gone the way of Fergie, Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefani, etc – artists who were once huge, but tapered off – but she didn't. Bitch proved she could drop an album with little to no promo and still succeed. So imagine what she can do with promo??

Her secret weapon is the fact that, unlike most singers, she can ACTUALLY act, so she has a *long* career in cinema ahead of her. I am NOT worried.

// tl;dr – no 3rd single is a short term problem, but Lady Gaga is a long term player

THIIIIISS!

androiduser
11 hours ago, River said:

so how do you explain that it was easier to 911 to smash the european radio ust to see then free fall afterward..

911 smashed? where on Earth has it smashed? Do you have any reliable info, not just "I heard it a lot"?

bionic
30 minutes ago, androiduser said:

911 smashed? where on Earth has it smashed? Do you have any reliable info, not just "I heard it a lot"?

It smashed on my own Spotify account

buy bionic

RenegAde
11 hours ago, Jed said:

Gaga is a relevant cultural force , the issue is that being a cultural force doesn't guarantee chart success 

Mother of Puppies
17 hours ago, Susanalbumparty said:

IMO there are at least 6 singles on that album. Loved the 911 video but it's not really single worthy imo. Enigma, Sour Candy, Free Woman and Alice are all great tracks.

you forgot Babylon :bear:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Mother of Puppies

I personally thought Levitating would be a huge hit and I haven´t heard it once on the radio either... I didn´t like the remixes...

I don´t think Dula Peep did any better than Gaga... :bear: :ladyhaha:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

tbh I think it's because Gaga is too empathetic to feel right doing heavy promo during a pandemic where millions are sick and dying AND there is such massive civil unrest in America. We know the type of person she is and we even saw first hand how she redirected her efforts to do Together at Home. The only reason we got the album this last year at all I truly believe is because the era started right before the pandemic truly hit. So we got the beginning and some support here and there. But her self promoting the way a single would need right now isn't right. With hope from vaccines theres a chance things will pick up on a rerelease. Everyone is panicking about her filming the Gucci movie - but remember ASiB shot during the Joanne era too and we still got more out of the era after that. ALSO Gucci wont require her to do full songs and performances for the film, so shooting realistically will take a month at most and then there is the eventual tour planned at this time still - yes it's up in the air too. But once things start winding down I'd expect more.

Archived