💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is there no official 3rd single from Chromatica?

Susanalbumparty

Featured Posts

Susanalbumparty

Isn't this very strange? I guess 911 was supposed to be a buzz single? I don't think it was sent to radio? So why was there no proper 3rd single from the album? I mean it's similar to Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia in that it has PLENTY of choices for singles, yet Dua has released around 5 singles in various markets and Gaga only 2?  Rain on Me was a huge hit, so why didn't they follow it up? Anyone have the tea?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga

Because streaming killed the eras as we know them, which now last until the album release week UNLESS you are dua lipa.

But if we'd had a third single, Enigma would be a proper choice :huntyga:

Joanne has 2. ASIB is 1.

Her most recent album with 3 singles is ARTPOP.

I honestly don't make expect another single. 

keep on looking for Psyduck

liquidsunshine

She's overthinking things and afraid to be called flop. She wants 911 to rise organically before calling it an official single. Of course this is my assumption and no one can really say for sure.

Susanalbumparty

IMO there are at least 6 singles on that album. Loved the 911 video but it's not really single worthy imo. Enigma, Sour Candy, Free Woman and Alice are all great tracks.

Anderson123

I think it should be considered a third single since it has a music video but not really pushed to the point of wanting the song to be on the radio, she probably doesn't care about it. GUY, John Wayne and now 911 have been released as part of their respective albums campaign and they were all the fan favorites at some point, I like to think this is Gaga's way of giving the fans something for not making Scheiße a single, idk.

They obviously had more plans before COVID19 so would like to see other songs get the attention they deserve. I mean, at least Sour Candy and Babylon.

Agunimon
13 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Because streaming killed the eras as we know them

Such a shame. I would have thought that streaming would have done the opposite. I really don't know why streaming impacted eras the way that it did. Even Taylor's videos aren't pulling numbers like they used to, despite a large chunk of the population being home most of the day still.

Justin Drew Bieber
1 minute ago, dynamite said:

Ikr it went from "the journey continues" to "we have reached our destination" :neyde:

Now all we have to do is wait for Lubeurdad to make a tweet :neyde:

OhHenny2020
8 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Ikr it went from "the journey continues" to "we have reached our destination" :neyde:

2020: The Journey Continues
boat fail GIF

2021: Chromatica before she goes back to being an actress 

parking reverse GIF

androiduser

I think 911 was testing the waters and then they pulled the plug on the whole idea of a third single.

Personally, I always blame the weak lead single for anything that goes bad later. Albums/eras with a huge first single continue to do well.

Jose P
40 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Because streaming killed the eras as we know them, which now last until the album release week UNLESS you are dua lipa.

Don’t forget Harry. Actually, many artists manage to pull off post-album singles, it just needs to be executed very well.

Archived