💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey said she doesn’t think Trump knew he was inciting a riot

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

She should have only spoken about the new music, album and video, she knows how messy her public perception has become and she seems to have not been able to stop herself from digging her ditch even deeper and all on her own, in this interview. One of her worst interviews ever. For now on with Lana, I am strictly listening to the albums and nothing else.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

I’m really starting to get sick of her and her flippant, uninformed opinions, as well as her overall lazy approach to her creative direction as an artist.

so disappointing, especially after the greatness that was NFR.

:bear:

Lazy direction?? Elaborate

SMILE2NE1

Just another example of people "outraged" on the internet without bothering to digest things in full. She spends a large portion of the interview calling Trump a narcissist and denouncing him. She even said clearly stated her and all her friends voted for Biden. 

As Gaga said it, social media is the toilet of the internet. 

1 hour ago, ryanmonster said:

That’s your opinion. In my opinion, her statements about narcissism in our culture are actually spot on and Trump is the most narcissistic president in history. She basically meant he didn’t know the extent of the damage he has caused and I really don’t think that opinion is dumb at all to be honest. Can anyone truly say they know what is going on in Trump’s mind? He’s completely out of touch with reality now. She has denounced him multiple times publicly so for some people to comment that this makes her a Trump sympathizer is just plain twisted.

understand what she's trying to say but she doesn't understand what she she should and shouldn't say. Never have I ever thought she's a trumpee but she keeps insisting on being a dumb white rich girl typing out the first thing on her mind to the world and well, that's her right

39 minutes ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

As Gaga said it, social media is the toilet of the internet. 

Don't use it then? Live your rich life in your mansion happily ever after 

Sneaky Oliver

Did you guys even bother to listen to the interview? She means he's so incredibly mad and unreal that he isn't longer aware of the reality of his actions. I think she DOES have a problem wording her sentences tbh but it's not that hard to understand either. 

I'm tired of GGD hate towards Lana and everything she says :awkney:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver
10 hours ago, plastiquedoll said:

Actually listen to the whole interview and what she was actually saying before coming for her. She  basically said on the interview that Trump's madness keeps him blind to the harm he is actually doing and how his narcissism is causing all this havoc. Everyone's twisting her words without actually trying to understand them. 

THANK YOU finally there's someone with a brain here! people are really calling Lana dumb and stupid when they can't even understand what she says....:ohwell:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

plastiquedoll
5 hours ago, spector said:

she's beyond stupid, jesus

i'm not a psychologist/psychiatrist, but, based on my understanding, individuals with narcissistic and sociopathic behavioral patterns are anything but blind. on the contrary, they are acutely aware of their projected selves and their enabling environment and use that knowledge to externally reinforce their otherwise internally empty egos. i remember that dr. ramani—one of my fave professionals on youtube—emphasized this very trait of the narcissist, which, intuitively, would seem paradoxical: that their self-perceived genius/grandeur is rooted in their inner emptiness that fills up with the constant, anxious need to meticulously and systematically (i.e., knowingly!) cover up the void that is their self.

That is true. But it's not only narcissism that's the problem with Trump. That's why Lana mentions his madness. And I don't completely agree that narcissists fully realize the damage they cause. Many describe them as individuals with "zero empathy". So how can they be fully aware of the harm they cause on their surroundings if they can't fully understand the feelings of others or empathize with them. Of course it's not the case with every single narcissists.  When you have someone like Trump so delusional, so narcissistic, so unwilling to give, the lines of sanity just get blurred. It's easier for us to see how damaging he is to the country but look at his supporters. They are crazy just like him. 

plastiquedoll
4 hours ago, Helxig said:

From her tone of voice alone I can hear the Trump sympathiser in her. Disappointing. Love that the interviewer clapped back so quickly :applause:

This pandemic and election cycle has really given us a lot of clarity around a lot of people

Lana is in no way sympathizing with him though? She literally calls him a jerk in the sentence before that and how society needs to find a way to deal with this kind of people before they do more harm. Why is no one bothered to listen to the whole part of the interview??? Stop feeding in to the idea that Lana is interested in supporting him. 

spector
32 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

That is true. But it's not only narcissism that's the problem with Trump. That's why Lana mentions his madness. And I don't completely agree that narcissists fully realize the damage they cause. Many describe them as individuals with "zero empathy". So how can they be fully aware of the harm they cause on their surroundings if they can't fully understand the feelings of others or empathize with them. Of course it's not the case with every single narcissists.  When you have someone like Trump so delusional, so narcissistic, so unwilling to give, the lines of sanity just get blurred. It's easier for us to see how damaging he is to the country but look at his supporters. They are crazy just like him. 

again, i'm not a professional, but i would argue that being able to recognize emotional patterns and being able to empathize with them are two different socio-culturally coded mental tasks, the former not being dependent on the latter.  a narcissist may very well present as a delusional individual to us; that doesn't mean, however, that they are losing grip on our so-called "reality." in fact, it is often the very goal of their manipulative game: being deceptive to the extent that one starts to question their sanity and, often as a consequence, downplay their power in terms of affecting our situation (i.e., engendering real change). imo, trump/his political longevity is a case in point: the majority either did not believe him enough (skeptics not seeing his real power) or believed him too much (cultists seeing him as the powerful one). and now the very fall of the democratic structure that allowed him to play is on display, so to speak. a very sad sight. :noparty: 

stella + elliot = stelliot

Cameltoe Chariot
9 hours ago, Rio said:

Lazy direction?? Elaborate

I'll let all of the singles and album artwork (including the original NFR cover she wanted...) do the talking :bear:

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Mariners_Apartment_Comple Lana_Del_Rey_-_Hope_Is_a_Dangerous_Thing Lana_Del_Rey_-_Doin'_Time.png R-14065414-1567174811-9784.jpeg.jpg  440px-Lana_Del_Rey_Chemtrails_Over_The_C Lana_Del_Rey_-_Let_Me_Love_You_Like_a_Wo 

NYC Monster

My god, the mental gymnastics some of ya'll do to defend this woman...far too much. I'm a fan too but all of her questionable antics lately are just too much; America didn't need a Trump presidency to be taught a lesson about narcissism, Trump is someone who should've never taken office to begin with.  Trump's presidency was a devastating 4 years for American citizens, especially those that aren't caked in privilege and "he didn't know he was enticing a riot" is one of the stupidest things she's ever said. If anything, these last 4 years have taught us is that Trump supporters are as unhinged as he is and will literally do anything he says, as they have done before--this isn't the first time his lunatic supporters have gotten crazy and violent with the public, he 100% knew what he was doing and that it would be a **** show. And yes, before you @ me, I listened to the entire interview. 

I think at this point, Lana can literally do and say whatever she wants and will still have a league of people defending her for it. She could have a can of gasoline in one hand, matches in the other, standing in front of a burning house and fans on Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and here on GGD would argue that she couldn't have possibly lit the house on fire and that she's being taken out of context. This is a 35 year old woman that has made a booming career of out being a lyricist, poet, etc and the fact that everything she says gets excused with "Omg her words were just taken out of context!" is getting old. 

Archived