celeb

Lana Del Rey said she doesn’t think Trump knew he was inciting a riot

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichAssPiss

Maybe Chemtrails Over the Country Club is a performance art piece where she is performing being a tacitly racist anti-masker Trump enabler as satire. Yeah. Maybe that. Maybe...yeah. What was I saying? 

MJHolland
1 hour ago, pussycat said:

I'm so over people saying what another person can or can't say. I also don't agree with what she said but you don't tell people to shut up in real life either cause it's just rude and impoliteeeee.

Edit: the passive agressiveness of it all lmao. sorry. It's not personal but like why cant celebs make mistakes, we all do

It's called accountability, love.

Maybe if a (white straight cis) celebrity misuses or abuses their platform over and over and over again... the public has the right to question whether that person deserves to even hold that platform. 

I absolutely love it when stans freak out at the public screaming "HOW DARE YOU HOLD MY RICH AND FAMOUS FAV ACCOUNTABLE THAT'S TOXIC!" Like lmao chile chill. 

MJHolland
54 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm really flummoxed at how people here can't seem to understand the concept of nuance with Lana's words

Stop reading stuff that isn't there into what she's saying

Wait, so which is it babe? You realize these are contradictory, no? :laughga:

Should we be looking for hidden meaning, subtext, or subtleties (nuance), or should we stop reading into stuff that isn't there?

Either way, you're mistaken. She said she doesn't think Donald Trump knew we has inciting a riot. He very clearly knew what he was doing, and the interviewer rightfully immediately jumped in to correct the record. Your fav doesn't deserve to get a free pass for saying stupid things bc she's your fav. 

pussycat
13 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

It's called accountability, love.

Maybe if a (white straight cis) celebrity misuses or abuses their platform over and over and over again... the public has the right to question whether that person deserves to even hold that platform. 

I absolutely love it when stans freak out at the public screaming "HOW DARE YOU HOLD MY RICH AND FAMOUS FAV ACCOUNTABLE THAT'S TOXIC!" Like lmao chile 

She def does not misuse her platform. For those few times she poorly worded her thoughts out? In all those years? No. But I guess we don't agree on that. 

And i'm definitely not your love. I'm just not interested in getting personal like that sorry xx

MJHolland
4 minutes ago, pussycat said:

She def does not misuse her platform. For those few times she poorly worded her thoughts out? In all those years? No. But I guess we don't agree on that. 

And i'm definitely not your love. I'm just not interested in getting personal like that sorry xx

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9388639/lana-del-rey-biggest-controversies-timeline/

3 hours ago, bees and honeyy said:

i understand where she’s coming from in saying that he doesn’t know what he’s doing; i.e. he’s out of his depth and makes comments without any consideration of an aftermath, but i think there was clear intent in what he was inciting, i just think Lana historically has a poor way of wording things and for that reason ought to just not comment

agreed

i get the things she tries to say but she says it in problematic and sometimes racist ways and sis just needs a PR person to handle her social media

pussycat
8 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

I don't agree with some things she did or wanted to do as a form of art. I don't give her a 'pass' just cause i like her music. But I still stand by what I said: everyone makes mistakes so to dislike her because she made a few would not sit right with me. 

I do think she should apoligze for being so messy online. It's her own fault people doubt her intentions so that's something she should take accountability for

Archived