Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey said she doesn’t think Trump knew he was inciting a riot

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

plastiquedoll
3 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Do you have a link 

It's separated in two parts. Let me get the links. And you'll have to skip some of the songs they play. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
March34th

hopefully soon stan twitter can drop her and realize how much her comments and ignorance affect people from marginalized communities who may be fans of her. she's becoming the new azealia banks with her unhinged opinions and meltdowns

Omfg she really sticks her foot in her mouth with her comments about politics :bear:

plastiquedoll
8 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Do you have a link 

Part 1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000r3k5

Part 2 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000r3k7

Some articles are already published that summarize what she talked about. It's quite hard to follow cause she jumps from one subject to another. Allegedly she just woke up to do the interview but I doubt that. :ohwell:

MadreMonster
25 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

Actually listen to the whole interview and what she was actually saying before coming for her. She  basically said on the interview that Trump's madness keeps him blind to the harm he is actually doing and how his narcissism is causing all this havoc. Everyone's twisting her words without actually trying to understand them. 

That’s kinda what I was thinking was happening. The audio is only 7 seconds and what she is saying sounds like it is part of a much bigger context.

BUtterfield 8
2 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

Part 1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000r3k5

Part 2 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000r3k7

Some articles are already published that summarize what she talked about. It's quite hard to follow cause she jumps from one subject to another. Allegedly she just woke up to do the interview but I doubt that. :ohwell:

Thanks I’ll put it in the op 

pussycat

I'm so over people saying what another person can or can't say. I also don't agree with what she said but you don't tell people to shut up in real life either cause it's just rude and impoliteeeee.

Edit: the passive agressiveness of it all lmao. sorry. It's not personal but like why cant celebs make mistakes, we all do

plastiquedoll
1 minute ago, MadreMonster said:

That’s kinda what I was thinking was happening. The audio is only 7 seconds and what she is saying sounds like it is part of a much bigger context.

The whole interview is quite interesting. Lana expressed how impulsive and reactive she is towards the comments. She talked about narcissism and how it's the problem that causes all this havoc. And the left out part that the tweet didn't include was about how some people don't understand the harm they cause and how we can deal with such people(quite ironic of her). That's how Trump was mentioned. Of course she had to touch on topic of racism which was very confusing as a whole and just left me feeling like :triggered:But the comments have really gotten in to her. I don't know if she'll try to educate herself through. 

HotLikeMexico
8 minutes ago, pussycat said:

I'm so over people saying what another person can or can't say. I also don't agree with what she said but you don't tell people to shut up in real life either cause it's just rude and impoliteeeee.

Edit: the passive agressiveness of it all lmao. sorry. It's not personal but like why cant celebs make mistakes, we all do

I completely disagree with you about celebs making mistakes. Yes, celebs are people and they make mistakes, but it seems like with Lana its a constant thing with her problematic comments. She hasn't seemed to have learned from her "mistakes."

It's one thing to make a mistake, learn, and change, and that's fine. With her however, it seems like she hasn't.

pussycat
6 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

I completely disagree with you about celebs making mistakes. Yes, celebs are people and they make mistakes, but it seems like with Lana its a constant thing with her problematic comments. She hasn't seemed to have learned from her "mistakes."

It's one thing to make a mistake, learn, and change, and that's fine. With her however, it seems like she hasn't.

I'm sorry but I disagree, I don't find her recent comments to be 'problematic'. She worded things badly that's a fact, but I believe she has no bad intentions. I don't find her to have ever said something absolutely unacceptable. If you think she has, I'd like to listen

But I believe she has her heart in the right place. She just released a beautiful song. That's all I focus on 

Serial Chiller

Just like her droplets, stupid words keep pouring out of her mouth through her mesh mask. 

StrawberryBlond

I'm really flummoxed at how people here can't seem to understand the concept of nuance with Lana's words. I understand perfectly well what she's saying and see no hidden intent. But it's all GGD wants to see. Stop reading stuff that isn't there into what she's saying as this is getting really tiresome now, it feels like people are on a mission to tear her down over absolutely nothing. You do know that phrases can be taken out of context? And that a phrase can mean more than one thing? And that there's multiple ways to look at a situation. Just because you hear a word or phrase used does not mean someone supports it or that there isn't an innocent dual meaning for it. Actually read, listen, learn. Lana's so intelligent that I think her words just go right over the heads of those who think in such a monochrome way and just love looking for problems where there are none. You do know that just yesterday, she was saying that "I'm not the one marching on capitol hill." It's perfectly clear which side she's on. Let this amazingly talented woman release her music and save your criticism for those who deserve it. Liberals arguing amongst themselves and trying to call each other out over nothing is why the conservatives rose up like they did. We couldn't see the forest for the trees and that's why we're in such a divided world right now.

1 hour ago, Runway said:

but.... but.... I was told shes not a republican

I don't know how many times you need to keep on repeating this. There is numerous evidence out there that she hates Trump. She actually tweeted out a binding hex against Trump back in 2017. He even made a tweet against her when he heard she was placing a hex on him. She tweeted how disappointed she was in Kanye when he announced he was endorsing Trump saying something along the lines of "his win was a loss for the country but your support of him was a loss for the culture" and even made the disapproving lyric "Kanye West is blind and gone" on her last album. When someone said on Twitter that she totally voted for Trump, she replied to them telling them to "go f**k yourself." There's probably even more out there. Once again, people are just seeing what they want to see, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Chromatography

does she ever think before she opens her mouth? daddy choked her one too many times

Cookie Tookie

This is exactly what y’all get for demanding that celebrities and musicians be transparent about their political views and actively involved in politics. You’ll end up getting a bunch of them who say things that aren’t necessarily coming from a bad place, but worded badly. And then you put on your performative wokeness and attempt to cancel them for not catering to your exact political demands and views. This is why I think artists should just be artists and not even bother speaking about anything politically. 

MadreMonster
46 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

The whole interview is quite interesting. Lana expressed how impulsive and reactive she is towards the comments. She talked about narcissism and how it's the problem that causes all this havoc. And the left out part that the tweet didn't include was about how some people don't understand the harm they cause and how we can deal with such people(quite ironic of her). That's how Trump was mentioned. Of course she had to touch on topic of racism which was very confusing as a whole and just left me feeling like :triggered:But the comments have really gotten in to her. I don't know if she'll try to educate herself through. 

I hope she can educate herself better as well - it might be good for her to just take time off social media and learn some more. I don’t think she has bad intentions but wording is so important.

Archived