💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey said she doesn’t think Trump knew he was inciting a riot

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Agunimon
44 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Her point was that he's so delusional that he doesn't think he's the bad guy and is unaware at how his words could be taken literally.

If that's the case, that makes her look so incredibly foolish. Trump is narcissistic. He's very aware of how his words are taken and uses that to his advantage. He's calculative and manipulative.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

If that's the case, that makes her look so incredibly foolish. Trump is narcissistic. He's very aware of how his words are taken and uses that to his advantage. He's calculative and manipulative.

Her main point is that narcissists (sociopaths) have no empathy and therefore never truly see how they look to or affect others since they can't imagine how other people feel. 

He can be manipulative and blind at the same time. You both can be right lol

SMILE2NE1
13 hours ago, SlipAway said:

Don't use it then? Live your rich life in your mansion happily ever after 

Or rather, the smart ones can keep using social media but with the awareness that there's an entire generation where: the basic concept of critical analysis is too complex to even fathom and attention spans only go so far as 280 characters or for 15 seconds but that's already enough to feign outrage 

MJHolland
59 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's not my interpretation, it's what she actually said. Like Lana herself said, this was just 5 words out of a 40 minute interview and people didn't witness the full thing. Naturally, reports will focus on out of context moments to draw clicks. It's the oldest trick in the book and you've fallen for it.

Her point was that he's so delusional that he doesn't think he's the bad guy and is unaware at how his words could be taken literally. There are people in the world like that. She explains that this is what she means in the Instagram explanation that she just put up (where she's speaking, not a written spiel, which I think comes off so much better). She was in no way saying that he shouldn't be held accountable even so, just that he may have not planned it all to go the way it did. I have no doubt in my mind that he enjoyed the result even if he didn't plan it. See? Nuance regarding a theory. You can believe he didn't intend to cause a riot but still believe he's responsible. You can believe two things at the same time and they don't have to negate each other.

Sister it was literally premeditated though 

Like Trump told his people a month in advance to come to DC on Jan 6 where we will protest like hell, and we'll "fight" so hard that they will throw out the election

Make it make sense, he literally said they needed to rally top stop the vote certification AKA sedition!

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, LadyDelRey said:

Again I'll say, I believe what people are "angry" at is the fact that feels the need to victimize herself in this situation and getting angry over a direct quote that was taken from the BBC interviewed that aired. Yes, by the way, I listened to the entire thing and what she said honestly wasn't that great. Yes, I understand her frustration and yes I do agree that she has a right to defend herself but I think she also needs to address the issues that people are pointing out about how poorly worded the things she's saying are. I feel like a lot of fans need to listen to people that have valid critiques of LDR and see where they're coming from instead of constantly dismissing them with "Well, her words were taken out of context!" this is a 35 year old woman, not a child. I used to get incredibly defensive over Lana too until she kept repeating the same mistake over and over again of speaking before thinking (and then getting very defensive over how people perceive what she says) and then never apologizing for it, or trying to see things from other people's perspective and just kept being stubborn. She's a very intelligent, beautiful artist and I'm not saying she's a bad person, but she definitely suffers from entitlement issues and if you don't see that, I truly am sorry for you. Again, I'll also say, that I truly believe Lana can get away with saying and doing anything at this point because she's always going to have people saying she was misworded, taken out of context, words twisted, etc. 

I'll always support her music, as I have since 2011 but her as a person is just...nope.

But she is the victim. She said something well-meaning and got hated on for it. She had every right to defend herself when a teeny portion of the interview was used as the pulled headline instead of the full picture. The surrounding words were her criticising him. Thing is, you have a right to air your issues with someone but just acknowledge that just because you have an issue doesn't mean its valid. Your offence is your issue. And yes, your concerns can be dismissed, this is life. Don't act like you've never said anything that couldn't have been phrased better before. We all do it, we're human, we're imperfect. I don't hold everyone to the incredibly high standard of saying everything right every time, spoken or written. That would be hypocritical when I've slipped up many times myself. Treat others the way you wish to be treated. I don't like getting jumped on when I made a simple slip up, so I don't do it to others. And yes, we get it, you aren't keen on her as person. I don't know why you and others feel the need to continuously state this. It's not impressing anyone. If I've decided to stop liking someone, I don't announce it to the world. Cancelling is something I've done for years but I do it internally, keep it to myself. I wish more people would do the same and there wouldn't be all these arguments online.

2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

And some narcissists are delusional enough to think they're always right and if they do something wrong, it's no big deal, as long as they're ok. It's perfectly reasonable for them to do something flippantly without thinking of the implications or potential consequences for others and then not care what happens afterwards. I think Trump is far more serious than a narcissist but that doesn't mean that he's smart about it. Not all psychopaths are smart - their intelligence levels can be low-high. They're known to do something incredibly smart one minute and something incredibly stupid the next.

2 hours ago, MJHolland said:

Sister it was literally premeditated though 

Like Trump told his people a month in advance to come to DC on Jan 6 where we will protest like hell, and we'll "fight" so hard that they will throw out the election

Make it make sense, he literally said they needed to rally top stop the vote certification AKA sedition!

There's every chance he thought they were just going to protest outside. It's hard to tell people to do the exact chaos that happened without explicitly saying it to someone that's what you want them to do. Those people were looking for a fight and any excuse and Trump gave them the taper that lit the fuse and they took what he said literally. Factually speaking, he didn't tell people "storm the Capitol building." He just gave insinuations and whipped them up. Which isn't much better and I'm not supporting it but he didn't actually say those words. I'm sure Trump secretly loved the chaos that unfolded whether he thought they'd take it this far or not. I'm not arguing about whether he's responsible. Intentional or not, he needs to be held accountable for saying highly inappropriate things as president (no president should be tweeting "FIGHT!") but I do still wonder - did he actually say those things hoping that it would lead to the building actually being broken into, vandalised and security being called? Did he believe his fans were that crazy or was even he surprised at how far they'd take it? I'm just pondering what was going through his mind, that's all. People should be allowed to ponder without being jumped on.

Archived