💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga as Ally on JWT scene

Rifek

Featured Posts

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Jose P said:

The way the Joanne World Tour was an amazing tour but LMs will still bash it because anything from the Joanne era just has to be bashed :bradley:

I mean, I love Joanne, but the *stage itself* was not super inventive or distinctive. Everything else in the tour was, but the stage not so much.

and that’s perfectly ok. She doesn’t have to fire on all cylinders for every single element of every single show or tour. A good performance is understanding the balance of elements interacting with one another. Where the stage was more sparse and streamlined, it gave her vocals a place to shine!

TMB and BTWB needed their respective elaborate stages. JWT did not (and I went to the show btw). It isn’t a dig. It just had different needs to other Gaga shows :) 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
numb the flame
33 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I loved the JWT stage. 

Far, far, far superior to the Engima set-up. 

I think the Joanne era is also superior to Chromatica. At least Gaga seemed to believe in it. 

To be fair, the JWT was an arena show whereas Enigma was a theatre show. Most vegas residencies I've seen on google at MGM all have the same main stage in that there's no lifts or anything. Gaga of course added the runway and the right side of the stage that points out plus the crystal formation on the stage itself.  

hijadeputa

What is y’all talking about? She was rehearsing for her TV performance for the AMAs that was going to be live from the joanne tour 

Suspiria
11 hours ago, Babel said:

Did you attend the tour? 

No, she cancelled my date twice:bear:

4 hours ago, NewUsername said:

Except it wasn't generic at all.

It was though. What exactly about that stage was in any way tied to Gaga or Joanne or even that tour? It was all just standard black stage with some plain white bridges (which really obscured the view, they didn't need to be so big). Other than the piano (which was very cool), it didn't have any sort of set pieces or styling or stage dressing. It could belong to anyone.

4 hours ago, Jose P said:

The way the Joanne World Tour was an amazing tour but LMs will still bash it because anything from the Joanne era just has to be bashed :bradley:

I'm not bashing the tour though. Her vocals/dancing were undeniably her best by far, the costumes looked amazing on her. The interludes/backdrops were so cool and refreshing after the drought that was the Joanne era.

The moving parts of the stage were fun and interesting, and added a lot of dynamism to the show. I'm not saying the stage was bad - but it was definitely generic.

numb the flame
4 minutes ago, voltron92 said:

Where's that JWT movie that she was filming? She has so many unpublished projects...

She can't release any live media because of her vegas contract. I'm wondering if that might be why she hasn't done a virtual Chromatica shoe yet. 

Ziggy
2 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

She can't release any live media because of her vegas contract. I'm wondering if that might be why she hasn't done a virtual Chromatica shoe yet. 

Is that in her contract? I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info!

Rifek
1 hour ago, GNZAREVILO said:

What is y’all talking about? She was rehearsing for her TV performance for the AMAs that was going to be live from the joanne tour 

The moment from the photo was shot right before recording Shallow scene for ASIB in The Forum. 

❗ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗

numb the flame
1 hour ago, GNZAREVILO said:

it's from ASIB when she's singing Shallow at the end of the film 

hijadeputa
1 minute ago, numb the flame said:

it's from ASIB when she's singing Shallow at the end of the film 

9 minutes ago, Rifek said:

The moment from the photo was shot right before recording Shallow scene for ASIB in The Forum. 

đŸ€”hm

Bradley
12 hours ago, Suspiria said:

The way the JWT stage was so generic they literally used it as a generic pop star stage:billie:

You keep criticising every single live show GGD talks about like you have a phD in live concerts. I bet out of 20 shows you find 18 to be trash and struggle to find one concert that you properly like.

The worst thing is I'm not even sure you attended these tours, because critics and fans have actually attended these tours in person and gave it very favourable reviews. It's not the artists' fault you didn't actually see them, and if you did, it's also not their fault you constantly venture into unnecessarily analytical discussions of 'let me dissect each thing and let's first disregard the fact that it's always fun to see your fav live and objectively judge the show from technical aspects'

like geez, just enjoy the fcking show. Or better, attend them before u say something.

Suspiria
43 minutes ago, Bradley said:

You keep criticising every single live show GGD talks about like you have a phD in live concerts. I bet out of 20 shows you find 18 to be trash and struggle to find one concert that you properly like.

The worst thing is I'm not even sure you attended these tours, because critics and fans have actually attended these tours in person and gave it very favourable reviews. It's not the artists' fault you didn't actually see them, and if you did, it's also not their fault you constantly venture into unnecessarily analytical discussions of 'let me dissect each thing and let's first disregard the fact that it's always fun to see your fav live and objectively judge the show from technical aspects'

like geez, just enjoy the fcking show. Or better, attend them before u say something.

Other than Enigma, which shows did I trash? I really can't recall any other shows I've posted about on here.

I usually go to quite a lot of concerts and enjoy most, but most of them are by smaller artists so I have lower expectations. I hold Gaga's productions to a much higher standard because her tickets are significantly more expensive, plus she's set the bar extremely high for herself with past tours and she's one of the biggest stars in the world with access to any resource she could ever want, there's no reason for hers not be the best of the best.

If you read my other comment I didn't trash JWT at all. I just lightly made fun of the stage. I'm a designer and have worked on set design - stages interest me, therefore it's something I like to analyse and discuss.

And when have I ever complained about not being able to see an artist? I've always understood/defended Gaga's decision to go to Vegas, I'm happy to enjoy shows via online videos. My JWT dates got cancelled twice but I've always praised the show aside from the stage (which as I also said does have its merits).

voltron92
1 hour ago, numb the flame said:

a virtual Chromatica shoe yet. 

At least we got the Rain On Me boots! Jk, thanks for the insight though. I didn't think that would be in her LV contract.. interesting..

Archived