Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga as Ally on JWT scene

Rifek

Featured Posts

Babel
6 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

The way the JWT stage was so generic they literally used it as a generic pop star stage:billie:

Did you attend the tour? 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

The way the JWT stage was so generic they literally used it as a generic pop star stage:billie:

Honestly, I kind of agree.

That said, everything else from the tour (stage visuals, incredible setlist, Gaga's performanceship at a new peak) really elevated it from a simple, standard stage design, to something akin to a streamlined conduit of incredible showmanship.

The dynamic design (visual platforms to bridges, evolving A stage with screens) are still kind of cool.

3 points in and ready for more

imnotyourbabe10

Wait, wha?! There’s a “pop” version of Shallow? I’m sure it couldn’t be as good but would love to hear it! :diane:

Where is LG7

the way Joanne/ASIB exlcusive performances made it to the light of the day in 2020/21

over a rumored visual for a certain song that makes you do weird facial expressions and gives you cavities whenever you take a bite take a bite 

:selena:

Rifek
5 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Wait, wha?! There’s a “pop” version of Shallow? I’m sure it couldn’t be as good but would love to hear it! :diane:

There are like 4 different versions of the song. The original one, the rock-ish version form the trailer, the pop-tastic one and the demo. 

Ronson: I re-recorded a version for when Ally plays at the Forum toward the end of the film when Jackson is committing suicide. Gaga wanted a version that would sound like Ally would sound playing it with her band. It’s more like a giant ’80s “Shallow” with big drums. A little more pop-tastic.

Gaga: I wonder if we’ll put that out someday. The studio version of the song is very different too and very good.

Ronson: In the demo of the song, she did that more like a falsetto. Even if it wasn’t in the movie, it would be one of the most intense vocal performances of any song this year. It feels like one of those old Maxell commercials where the guy gets blown back.”

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

NewUsername
7 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Except it wasn't generic at all.

Jose P
7 hours ago, Suspiria said:

The way the Joanne World Tour was an amazing tour but LMs will still bash it because anything from the Joanne era just has to be bashed :bradley:

7 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

It plays for like, 10 seconds, when it cuts ti Ally while Jack is doing what he does at the end of the movie

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

MelbHawker

That Shallow snippet / Pop version we saw in the film still gives me so much life. The vocal arrangement had so much emotion to it.. ugh ASIB was perfect. 

Rifek
5 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

That Shallow snippet / Pop version we saw in the film still gives me so much life. The vocal arrangement had so much emotion to it.. ugh ASIB was perfect. 

I believe that also the last part of Shallow performance at the Grammys 2019 is the Pop Version. It sounds amazing! 

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

numb the flame
8 hours ago, Reject False Icons said:

I loved that shallow performance and the different focus, :kara:I think the closest to that one was the Grammy’s performance (vocally) 

Do you know what date was from the JWT?

I'm pretty sure she shot some scenes during/around the dates she played at The Forum in (I think) LA. 

Defmix100
3 hours ago, Rifek said:

There are like 4 different versions of the song. The original one, the rock-ish version form the trailer, the pop-tastic one and the demo. 

Ronson: I re-recorded a version for when Ally plays at the Forum toward the end of the film when Jackson is committing suicide. Gaga wanted a version that would sound like Ally would sound playing it with her band. It’s more like a giant ’80s “Shallow” with big drums. A little more pop-tastic.

Gaga: I wonder if we’ll put that out someday. The studio version of the song is very different too and very good.

Ronson: In the demo of the song, she did that more like a falsetto. Even if it wasn’t in the movie, it would be one of the most intense vocal performances of any song this year. It feels like one of those old Maxell commercials where the guy gets blown back.”

it really sucks that the trailer version (I never considered it rockish myself, to me it sounded like a studio version of the original with better chorus vocals) hasn't leaked or been released. I had no idea about the demo though, hope we hear it one day

OMonster

I loved the JWT stage. 

Far, far, far superior to the Engima set-up. 

I think the Joanne era is also superior to Chromatica. At least Gaga seemed to believe in it. 

subtext / fantasy

• Admin changed the title to Gaga as Ally on JWT scene

Archived