đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can Lady Gaga Get Cancelled?

Obobo

Featured Posts

She literally removed DWUW from ARTPOP, I don't know what people still want her to do to redeem herself for collabing with R. Kelly. Kill him maybe? :green: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MeetinDaShadow
3 hours ago, Suuus said:

Amber is now a spokesperson for an organization that helps people who have sufferd from abuse wtf

Working in film. I mean

She’s been a ambassador for various charities. Spokesperson (likely unpaid) in 2021? Where’s she going to speak?

Still not working though. That was my point.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:57 AM, Justin Woodpond said:

“Effectively cancelled” meaning she’s not cancelled per se, but she might as well be. Anyway, it appears that way.

If you’re cancelled you can still exist? Post? Just no one cares, or wants to care.

I dunno. I don’t make the rules.

p.s I like Katy

Katy may be in a dip rn but such things are temporary.  A great many people like her, including me, and she'll be back.  It makes me sad when I see some people write Katy off.  Negativity spreads.  Some people believe Katy is over because somebody else said it.  Positivity rules!

I live outside the space time continuum.

MeetinDaShadow
2 hours ago, Ronk said:

Katy may be in a dip rn but such things are temporary.  A great many people like her, including me, and she'll be back.  It makes me sad when I see some people write Katy off.  Negativity spreads.  Some people believe Katy is over because somebody else said it.  Positivity rules!

So true! think she needs time out though. She’s creatively bankrupt. Still releasing bops, but she can do better. She’ll be back I’m sure. 

MonsterofFame
On 1/4/2021 at 3:58 AM, Justin Drew Bieber said:

If 6ix9ine and Nicki can’t get cancelled, then Gaga can’t 

Hate to say this, but POC seem to get a pass with cancel culture all the time. Add Migos, Tory Lanez, R Kelly & Chris Brown (they're still not cancelled) to the list. So yes, Gaga can.

BUT she always owned these mistakes and apologized, so it's in the past now.

March34th

"cancelling" only really works when someone is legit being harmful. like racist comments, bullying/harassment, or being an abuser. so maybe not cancel but she, like anyone else, is responsible for her actions.

the R Kelly situation is something she should have been held accountable for, even partially. i know there's rumours that her label forced the collab, but if she was in the proper headspace at the time, she should have realized that allowing an abuser to work with you makes you complaisant in their abuse. you're assisting a monster gain a platform and extend their reach which can assist them in harming others or cause their victims to feel more silenced, that's a problem. i'm glad she spoke out against him and apologized, and i think she's done enough to apologize by deleting DWUW off of ARTPOP.

The ARTPOP era as a whole was extremely problematic for Gaga. Between her working with a child predator, sexualizing the burqa, and wearing dreads, it's a very stark contrast to her more current behavior of being non-problematic and being generally more aware of social issues and civil rights than other pop stars.

if she did anything messed up in the future i would expect her like anyone else to fix her problem, address the issue, and apologize, but until then i think in general she's fine.

March34th
2 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

Hate to say this, but POC seem to get a pass with cancel culture all the time. Add Migos, Tory Lanez, R Kelly & Chris Brown (they're still not cancelled) to the list. So yes, Gaga can.

BUT she always owned these mistakes and apologized, so it's in the past now.

i personally dont think it has anything to due with their race, it's more those artists have fanbases that don't care about the victims of their idol. like look at 6ix9ines fanbase. it's a bunch of str8 teenagers who could care less that he's a monster.

Chromatica Island

I don't think she will be cancelled, cancel culture is toxic and petty af anyways

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

5 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

So true! think she needs time out though. She’s creatively bankrupt. Still releasing bops, but she can do better. She’ll be back I’m sure. 

I agree but I'm not sure about Katy being creatively bankrupt.  She is being pulled in different directions.  I personally don't agree with those who complain that she sticks too much to her old style geared to kids.  People say it's basic and she should evolve.  But her early style is bright and joyous and brings happiness to people.  Just because it's old doesn't mean she should change.  There's a reason she was so hugely popular.    Imo, she lost her way a bit with Witness.  Many would disagree, tho.  Just my unpopular opinion.  Anyway, I wish her all the success and happiness that life can bring.  :heart:  And when she tours again I'll buy my ticket on the first day of the presale because I just can't wait to see her in concert. :party:

I live outside the space time continuum.

6 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Working in film. I mean

She’s been a ambassador for various charities. Spokesperson (likely unpaid) in 2021? Where’s she going to speak?

Still not working though. That was my point.

My point was that they asked an abuser to be a spokesperson for victims of abuse

MeetinDaShadow
2 hours ago, Suuus said:

My point was that they asked an abuser to be a spokesperson for victims of abuse

Well it wouldn’t be the first time 

ARTPOP

If someone like trump can get at least over 70mil admirers and still not cancelled , she would never be then 

COME ON GAYS!!

MonsterofFame
On 1/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, March34th said:

i personally dont think it has anything to due with their race, it's more those artists have fanbases that don't care about the victims of their idol. like look at 6ix9ines fanbase. it's a bunch of str8 teenagers who could care less that he's a monster.

The people who do the csncelling are generally not the celeb's own fanbase or target audience. In fact, the majority is usually people who barely follow that celeb.

Archived