Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can Lady Gaga Get Cancelled?

Obobo

Featured Posts

NCgaga
11 hours ago, FentyGa said:

I can't find the original clip,  but she essentially echoed that white gay sentiment of 'I miss the charts of 10 years ago', saying that she misses when dance and rock (white-led genres) were at the top. the modern music era has seen more opportunities for poc due to the mainstream success of r&b and hip-hop.
there's more to it but you get the idea.

This is the dumbest reach I have heard since I left the other thread about most streamed artist on spotify. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

She kinda did get cancelled for a moment with the whole R.Kelly collab during TIHTY era and apologized for the awkward hypocrisy and she learned from her mistakes 

That's the most controversial thing recently I think she has done but Gaga has steered clear of controversy and cleaned up her "crazy" image to a more normal pop star slash rising actress

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Agunimon

Cancel culture is prominent but very, very few people actually get canceled. The only people I can even think of who actually got canceled were Kevin Spacey, Roseanne Barr and Luis CK.

3 hours ago, chromatic puzea said:

mostly just racial ignorance

for me specifically, i'm still upset her V magazine cover where she did brown face and pics of her posing with ppl in blackface and how she sexualized the mysteriousness of the burqa

she also said the r-word

there are a lot of reaches and sources that aren't available but this site lists everything

The vogue cover was a case of bad editing it was poking fun at snookies tan in the picture with people in black face gaga looked drunk and possibly high out of her mind so she probably didnt realize who she was posing with and the rest of them are bullshit 

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Suuus said:

The vogue cover was a case of bad editing it was poking fun at snookies tan in the picture with people in black face gaga looked drunk and possibly high out of her mind so she probably didnt realize who she was posing with and the rest of them are bullshit 

Yeah, I'm serious when I say fans are one of Gaga's worst enemies and I bet if she could go back in time she wouldn't have cultivated this mess....I really think she would have taken more of an Adele or Ariana approach. Fans often believe the worst, or take a bad incident and spin it to be even worse.

The V Magazine was basically lighting and everyone had a Snooki tan back in the day, and people believing that a major US magazine (in Europe, maybe) would put a star in brownface on the cover in 2009 are insane. Also, a lot of those photos are shopped to be even darker. I'm not even going to write the "rumor" that some believe about the 2009ish era photo with those two racist, a-hole fans or how some fans word it when discussing the issue (they make it sound like Gaga is doing it, which she clearly is not, instead of those 2 a-holes next to her). It was a major f*ck up and I'm not excusing that she posed with those 2 racist idiots but it was over a decade ago and it was during the period where she was often coked out of her mind...and yet anti stans (which some stans believe) have concocted this wild, unbelievable tale about the photo despite there being hard, photographic evidence that it's clearly not true.

LilyLark

I really don't get the point of these threads. It seems like bait to have lurkers pick sh*t up. And I do think the biggest problem, as I stated above in a previous post, is stans blowing sh*t up or believing the worst of Gaga. Taylor Swift stans will literally try and clear the twitter search bars by tweeting the same lines; many (not all) Gaga stans will retweet BS. Stan twitter culture is toxic and dumb.

I think the only thing that could truly hurt Gaga would be the R Kelly music video somehow getting out. People who are old enough (25+) or stans from the beginning can recall that Gaga's messiest moments and biggest f*ck ups were exposed in all the tabloids circa 2011-2013. When the R Kelly thing came back up 2 years ago, people dragged up all her old, non-R Kelly sh*t (the worst being the photo with the 2 racist fans & the photoshopped V cover) on twitter and it went viral (some blue checks did it) and she still survived.

At the end of the day, twitter is a small percentage of people & the media generally doesn't cover old drama resurfaced on there unless it's a slow news day. The problem is the R. Kelly video would be brand spanking new and absolutely would be enough for entertainment reporters to cover and of course..stans would probably spread it. 

Serial Chiller
8 hours ago, Reality said:

It's weird that like 2009-2012 Gaga could do the craziest **** and people would think it's weird, but not cancel her, but then in 2021, Gaga could have a typo in her tweet and people would cancel her immediately.

Didn’t she get bomb threats at the btw ball in Indonesia and had to cancel the show? 

If u think the flak thrown at Gaga today is even in the slightest comparable to what she got at her peak, you must not have paid a lot of attention. 

Sorry but I’d rather take some dumb twitter hashtag trending over religious threatening to kill you and the media coming for your throat with every single headline. 

LilyLark
10 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Didn’t she get bomb threats at the btw ball in Indonesia and had to cancel the show? 

If u think the flak thrown at Gaga today is even in the slightest comparable to what she got at her peak, you must not have paid a lot of attention. 

Sorry but I’d rather take some dumb twitter hashtag trending over religious threatening to kill you and the media coming for your throat with every single headline. 

Yeah, I think people have like..rewritten or memory holed how bad it was for Gaga circa 2009-2013...and how everything about her was basically exposed and/or the media latched on to dubious rumors or spun bad sh*t as even worse than it actually was in reality. Honestly a LOT of celebs have stuff from that era that would easily get them cancelled today (not just Gaga...Beyonce, Miley, Rihanna, Katy, etc.). but Gaga had the worst blow back from the press/public. I recall legitimate news sites reporting the "she bathes in blood" sh*t in 2011.

Reality
29 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Well, she'd get both in today's day and age. 

🃏🖤👹

Ziggy
15 hours ago, FentyGa said:

I can't find the original clip,  but she essentially echoed that white gay sentiment of 'I miss the charts of 10 years ago', saying that she misses when dance and rock (white-led genres) were at the top. the modern music era has seen more opportunities for poc due to the mainstream success of r&b and hip-hop.
there's more to it but you get the idea.

I remember this...it was a bit eeeehhhh like clearly she didn’t mean a whole lot of harm by it but I think it was just an off the cuff thing that came out sounding *bad*

tbh anything racial she should just avoid with a 10 ft pole lol she’s kind of the epitome of a wealthy white liberal and how she responded to BLM was great. Taking herself out of the conversation and letting others use her platform is way better than anything she herself could have said

Serial Chiller
10 minutes ago, Reality said:

Well, she'd get both in today's day and age. 

no she literally doesn’t. 

Today only crazy qanons and bitter twitter stans drag her. The GP is much warmer toward her, or just doesnt care. The media mostly speaks in favor of her aside from the occasional shady comments. 

Back in 2011-2014 literally everyone was picking a fight with her. 

Reality
1 minute ago, Serial Chiller said:

no she literally doesn’t. 

Today only crazy qanons and bitter twitter stans drag her. The GP is much warmer toward her, or just doesnt care. The media mostly speaks in favor of her aside from the occasional shady comments. 

Back in 2011-2014 literally everyone was picking a fight with her. 

But that's also because Gaga was a lot more of a daredevil back then. I'm not negating the fact that Gaga's had a lot of PR issues and stuff back in the day. What I'm just saying is that people are sensitive nowadays and literally anything she does could be criticized.

I said in my first post that Gaga wouldn't be "cancelled" anyway. I just pointed out how sensitive people are, especially on social media. 

🃏🖤👹

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Reality said:

But that's also because Gaga was a lot more of a daredevil back then. I'm not negating the fact that Gaga's had a lot of PR issues and stuff back in the day. What I'm just saying is that people are sensitive nowadays and literally anything she does could be criticized.

I said in my first post that Gaga wouldn't be "cancelled" anyway. I just pointed out how sensitive people are, especially on social media. 

Honestly, I think you're both right. The only difference is the general entertainment media tends to be more Gaga friendly nowadays and probably wouldn't print random sh*t they have already written about being re-hashed on twitter (and the worst of it was re-exposed on twitter 2 years ago after the R Kelly thing) unless it was a super slow news day.

IllusionLover

By humans i don't think so. By a planet, well... she cancelled earth and earth decided to curse her album.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Iconic Bitch

She can't. She's a strong karmic creature who happens to be a human being.

She's forced to be an inspiring character in this world and she'll always be appreciated.

Looking at the bigger picture tells you this. Tea brought to you by MS. ICONIC BITCH.

You're welcome :tea:

Because behind every bitch stands an iconic one.

Archived