đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Dua is getting another US T10 hit next week!

OBEY

Featured Posts

KennyRichie
2 minutes ago, imitalian said:

Hear me out: this is how Scheiße can still reach #1..

Dance in the Dark and Boys Boys Boys the hit of the 2020 decade

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

Wow. 

I think they released Break My Heart too early. It could have easily been top ten in the US if she weren't competing against herself with DSN. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

3 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Wow. 

I think they released Break My Heart too early. It could have easily been too ten in the US if she weren't competing against herself with DSN. 

definitely agree.

luckily it was still a hit in the US, spent just under 30 weeks in the Top 40. i heard it on the radio pretty much every day throughout the start of the pandemic (in the LA area)

Mirrion Rizzons
3 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Wow. 

I think they released Break My Heart too early. It could have easily been top ten in the US if she weren't competing against herself with DSN. 

I think it was just the US being late as usual

in the U.K. DSN & physical were already smashes by that point 

14 hours ago, insight said:

Levitating should have been released after Physical. Oh well...

Physical wasn't an official single in the US. it was DSN, BMH and now Levitating.

13 hours ago, Jaume said:

Payola really did that! Wow

Payola did that indeed, the 4th most selling song on US iTunes RN :applause: 

FFXIV WhiteMage
21 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

That's like saying Gaga owned this decaded for having a hit album in 2011 and then coming back again in 2018, it does not add up

I mean if you can claim Dua’s success with her first two album and proclaiming her the artist of the decade then why can’t we do the same? Reminder that Gaga also have two hit albums by 2011:trollga:

On 12/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, imitalian said:

Album tracks can become hits AFTER the album release again!

With payola, yes

thehanyo
7 hours ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

I mean if you can claim Dua’s success with her first two album and proclaiming her the artist of the decade then why can’t we do the same? Reminder that Gaga also have two hit albums by 2011:trollga:

Thank you. And they were MUCH bigger eras than Dua's so far. Gaga's first three eras not only were MASSIVE, but they defined an entire generation of dance-pop music and theatrical celebrity that was NOT present at the time. Like another commented previously, Britney Spears and her sexy pop defined the 00s: Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Xtina, etc.

Then Gaga came along at the end of the decade and completely changed pop music and the CULTURE of celebrity.

Look at how Katy, Beyonce, Nicki, Xtina and others pivoted after Gaga's debut. They started doing WAY more interesting videos and performances with wilder costumes, etc.

80s - Madonna and MJ

90s - Mariah and Whitney

00s - Britney / JT

10s - Gaga / Drake (?) - he kinda ushered in rap as being mega-mainstream pop.

20s - Maybe Billie? She changed things up. Or maybe people want the return of sexy pop and it will be Dua. I guess we'll see!

Archived