The Pop Reaper's Graphics [Taking Requests]

PopReaper

Featured Posts

COLONiCPRiNXESS

Could you make me two covers please?

I want one for Lady Gaga - PARTYNAUSEOUS (feat. Madonna) using these pics:

tumblr_n6p9kuEYOK1r2d3lqo1_500.gif

mdna_promo_04_.jpg

I know one of them is a candid and the other a professional pic, but try to make them blend :rip:

I'd like it to be very much like the Madonna pic: moody, dark, yet colourful. Use a cool font too

My 2nd request is a cover for 2NE1 - Turnt (Around) using this pic

d588e351-03d70a3d.jpg

I don't have any specific requests, just that you make it fun and bubbly and professional-looking ofc, and use their logo too:

2ne1_logo.png

Thank you! :sara:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopReaper

Could you make me two covers please?

I want one for Lady Gaga - PARTYNAUSEOUS (feat. Madonna) using these pics:

I know one of them is a candid and the other a professional pic, but try to make them blend :rip:

I'd like it to be very much like the Madonna pic: moody, dark, yet colourful. Use a cool font too

My 2nd request is a cover for 2NE1 - Turnt (Around) using this pic

I don't have any specific requests, just that you make it fun and bubbly and professional-looking ofc, and use their logo too:

Thank you! :sara:

Here:

6AGGrLD.png

-

KaEZF7M.png

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

COLONiCPRiNXESS

Here:

6AGGrLD.png

-

KaEZF7M.png

Can I request some adjustments please?

I need the Around in brackets on the first cover, and I'd like PARTYNAUSEOUS to be written as one long word instead of like PARTY and then NAUSEOUS underneath, and preferrably in the fonts Edition or Franklin Gothic Medium, or anything similar. I'd also like LADY GAGA + MADONNA written underneath in smaller writing. 

Sorry I'm so picky :rip: Thank you :air:

PopReaper

Can I request some adjustments please?

I need the Around in brackets on the first cover, and I'd like PARTYNAUSEOUS to be written as one long word instead of like PARTY and then NAUSEOUS underneath, and preferrably in the fonts Edition or Franklin Gothic Medium, or anything similar. I'd also like LADY GAGA + MADONNA written underneath in smaller writing. 

Sorry I'm so picky :rip: Thank you :air:

Here:

v8LHYKz.png

-

D83OAgl.png

COLONiCPRiNXESS

Here:

v8LHYKz.png

-

D83OAgl.png

Gorgeous  :kissga:  Thanks again!

Sunny

Hey, would it be okay if I used your .psd colorings for my graphics? Thanks in advance :sara:

And, I would of course credit you

I like dancin', and ponies....

PopReaper

Hey, would it be okay if I used your .psd colorings for my graphics? Thanks in advance :sara:

And, I would of course credit you

Sure!

COLONiCPRiNXESS

:sara: I have a request

Could you make me a promotional banner and a poster with #BRTNYBLCKT2k15 with a black background and vibrant purple text. I'd like the trct centered and in the middle. Give it a kind of distorted, faulty computer error dark feel ifykwim :air:

Thanks, and PS your one of if not THE best GA tbh :lollipop: WERK

PopReaper

:sara: I have a request

Could you make me a promotional banner and a poster with #BRTNYBLCKT2k15 with a black background and vibrant purple text. I'd like the trct centered and in the middle. Give it a kind of distorted, faulty computer error dark feel ifykwim :air:

Thanks, and PS your one of if not THE best GA tbh :lollipop: WERK

Here:

kY6Ps7M.png

And thanks! :hug:

PopReaper

TUTORIAL: Retouching an outtake

cUSxGgu.png

To get to the result featured in this tutorial, I used Photoshop CS5.

STEP 1: Liquify Tool

After you've opened the picture and resized it to the size you want, go to FIlter > Liquify (or Shift + CTRL + X). It will be used to alter the overall shape of the body. The tools you'll have to use and the recommended settings are marked in the following pic:

aiNotog.png

Use these when you need to move something (1), make it smaller (2), or make it bigger (3). In this step you need to be precise to make it look as natural as possible, don't try to push and drag the image too much, as it'll make the area look blurry.

STEP 2: Erasing bruises, scars, etc.

This step is optional, but I've decided to add it since it's necessary in this case. Click on the stamp symbol (a.k.a Clone Stamp Tool) at the toolbar (marked on the image), and use a small brush (Hardness: around 90%) to cover it up.

5MCbMnB.png

In case you don't know how to use it, click on a clean spot of skin (preferrably) near the bruise while pressing ALT, release it and start brushing over the mark you want to erase.

The result:

BBE1xSj.png

STEP 3: Skin

On this step, we'll make the skin look good. First, duplicate the image and set it's opacity to 50%. Then, select the tool marked on the following image (Smudge Tool) and, using a soft brush (Opacity: 50%), start brushing the face. Be careful not to go over the lines, and follow the contour and the direction of light on each area you're brushing.

iJTnWDS.png

When you get to the eyelids and lips, tone down the opacity to around 30%, otherwise it might look kinda plastic. Don't brush over tattoos and/or skin spots, it'll look smudged.

STEP 4: Color Correction

To make it look more professional and fit with the official pictures of the photoshoot, we're gonna use some adjustment layers to fix the brightness, remove the yellow-ish tone from the picture, etc. The ones you'll have to use and it's settings will vary depending on the picture, obviously, but these are the ones I used in this case:

ksSh3jV.png

EXTRA STEP

After you've finished everything, the image will look like this:

QiqRc8Q.png

I wanted to make the hair look whiter and add some color to her lips, so I did this:

Lips - In a new layer, paint over her lips with a slightly dark red color, then set the mode to Soft Light.

Hair - In a new layer, paint over the hair with white, set the mode to Color, opacity to around 60%, and then create a Layer Mask to erase any borders.

As a special final touch, I got Versace's logo in .png (This one: http://www.logoinn.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Versace_logo.png) and added it to the picture.

And that's it! Feel free to ask any questions, or request a new tutorial.

darkvenusian

Gaga in Sin City II: B&W >> Color

lady_gaga___sin_city_a_dame_to_kill_for_

I loved your tutorial! 

could you also do a tutorial for this? how have you done it?

Thanks so much!

PopReaper

I'll close this thread for a few days, as I'm going to travel. You can still send your requests if you want to, I'll make them as soon as I get back. :)

TUTORIAL: Retouching an outtake

cUSxGgu.png

To get to the result featured in this tutorial, I used Photoshop CS5.

STEP 1: Liquify Tool

After you've opened the picture and resized it to the size you want, go to FIlter > Liquify (or Shift + CTRL + X). It will be used to alter the overall shape of the body. The tools you'll have to use and the recommended settings are marked in the following pic:

aiNotog.png

Use these when you need to move something (1), make it smaller (2), or make it bigger (3). In this step you need to be precise to make it look as natural as possible, don't try to push and drag the image too much, as it'll make the area look blurry.

STEP 2: Erasing bruises, scars, etc.

This step is optional, but I've decided to add it since it's necessary in this case. Click on the stamp symbol (a.k.a Clone Stamp Tool) at the toolbar (marked on the image), and use a small brush (Hardness: around 90%) to cover it up.

5MCbMnB.png

In case you don't know how to use it, click on a clean spot of skin (preferrably) near the bruise while pressing ALT, release it and start brushing over the mark you want to erase.

The result:

BBE1xSj.png

STEP 3: Skin

On this step, we'll make the skin look good. First, duplicate the image and set it's opacity to 50%. Then, select the tool marked on the following image (Smudge Tool) and, using a soft brush (Opacity: 50%), start brushing the face. Be careful not to go over the lines, and follow the contour and the direction of light on each area you're brushing.

iJTnWDS.png

When you get to the eyelids and lips, tone down the opacity to around 30%, otherwise it might look kinda plastic. Don't brush over tattoos and/or skin spots, it'll look smudged.

STEP 4: Color Correction

To make it look more professional and fit with the official pictures of the photoshoot, we're gonna use some adjustment layers to fix the brightness, remove the yellow-ish tone from the picture, etc. The ones you'll have to use and it's settings will vary depending on the picture, obviously, but these are the ones I used in this case:

ksSh3jV.png

EXTRA STEP

After you've finished everything, the image will look like this:

QiqRc8Q.png

I wanted to make the hair look whiter and add some color to her lips, so I did this:

Lips - In a new layer, paint over her lips with a slightly dark red color, then set the mode to Soft Light.

Hair - In a new layer, paint over the hair with white, set the mode to Color, opacity to around 60%, and then create a Layer Mask to erase any borders.

As a special final touch, I got Versace's logo in .png (This one: http://www.logoinn.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Versace_logo.png) and added it to the picture.

And that's it! Feel free to ask any questions, or request a new tutorial.

Thank you so so so so much!

I really appreciate this!!  :worship2:  :heart:

PopReaper

I loved your tutorial! 

could you also do a tutorial for this? how have you done it?

Thanks so much!

TUTORIAL: Coloring black & white images

u4YsD8s.png

There are many ways to turn a black & white image into color, but this is how I've been doing it recently.

After you've opened the image you want to color, get another image of the same artist (in color), and paste it to your file. It will serve as a palette of sorts. Now we can begin coloring:

STEP 1: Skin

YwCrJPf.png

Add a Black and White Gradient Map layer (Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Gradient Map) and set the mode to Soft Light, with Opacity around 60%. This layer is optional, but it gives more depth and contrast to the colors of the image and saves your finished product from looking like a watercolor painting. You can re-adjust the opacity later in the process if you want.

Now select the Eyedropper Tool, go to the colored image you got as a color sample and click on a darker area of the skin. After you've done that, paint over the person's skin with a decently sized brush. Then set the mode to Soft Light and tone down the opacity until it looks reasonable. Duplicate that layer (CTRL + J), go to the sample image and (with the Eyedropper Tool) click on a lighter area of the skin. You can paint it over again, but it's easier to just use the Paint Bucket Tool to add the color to the duplicated layer. Then set the mode to Multiply, and lower the opacity to around 50 to 80%.

It's time to erase the rough edges. Group these 2 layers, add a Layer Mask and, with a brush (Color: Black; Hardness: 80/90%; Opacity: 80%) erase the edges around the clothes. To erase the edges around the hair, pick a brush with Hardness close to 0% and opacity under 50% and go for it.

Play with the Hue & Saturation on the layers if the skin tone looks odd, and erase some of the color from the mouth, eyes and eyebrows with a low opacity brush.

STEP 2: Hair

0wSXJWz.png

Create a new layer, pick a color (use the sample image if you want) and paint over the hair. Set the mode to Color, duplicate the layer and change the mode to Soft Light (Opacity: around 50%).

Group the layers, and repeat the erasing process with a decently sized brush with opacity around 40%-60%. If you don't like the color, play with Hue & Saturation adjustments on the layers.

STEP 3: Lips, eyes and clothes

EMu4W07.png

Lips and eyes: Paint over the lips/eyes with any color, set the mode to Soft Light and lower the opacity to 60%-70%. On the lips, go to Filter > Blur and apply Gaussian Blur (No more than 3,0 pixels).

Clothes: Paint over the outfit with any color, set the mode to Multiply and lower the opacity to around 50%.

EXTRA STEP: Color Adjustments

To make it look more realistic, we'll add some adjustment layers under the Gradient Map one. You can use your downloaded PSD's if you want though. These were the layers and settings I used:

QkqJG5e.png

I also duplicated the original black and white image and set the mode to Soft Light.

The result:

zIctaht.png

Aaaaand that's it! Feel free to ask any questions or request another tutorial!

Archived