💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I Think This Era Feels 'Less Gaga'

edengowon

Featured Posts

edengowon

honestly, after complaining for most of the year about the lack of activity, i kinda have nothing to say anymore. most of my misgivings with the chromatica era are now either solved or too insignificant to care about, and i kinda realise that we were given an amazing album earlier this year and complaining about what we didn't get instead of praising what we did isn't going to solve anything. me spouting my opinion on a gaga forum isn't going to change anything, and is only going to make me overlook the amazing things we did get. however, i feel, as i know many do, that this era is somewhat 'less' crazyga, or less extravagant than her past work and i have now figured out why this is.

because for whatever reason, there hasn't been many live performances. at all.

we have to remember that a huge part of what makes lady gaga herself is her stage persona, her wild and crazy performances that we saw as recently as the joanne world tour and enigma. we didn't get that this era, so it's felt like something's missing. it isn't the lack of promotion as a whole, or even a lack of videos, but it is (in my opinion) purely because she hasn't performed the songs live that much. that's also why enigma felt less like gaga, because for the first time ever, she wasn't performing any new, original material on stage. once she performs again, whether its this era or the next, i can guarantee she'll feel more like the old gaga again, and there'll be little to complain about in comparison to 2020.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid Oreo

This era feels less Gaga because there is no era and no Gaga:toofunny:

ELECTROHEART

Maybe because there's no era :ohwell:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

This era doesn't exist truthfully, no live performances, the tour will be cancelled (let's all be honest with ourselves), no outfits, no public appearances. 

Covid came and took it away, there's always the next one!

37 minutes ago, Stupid Oreo said:

This era feels less Gaga because there is no era and no Gaga:toofunny:

Sending me

Theresa May Lol GIF

Don't Call Me Gaga

Time is a flat circle... I feel like I've seen this post a thousand times over the past few months :rip:

34 minutes ago, Gabe said:

the tour will be cancelled

Heard on the radio today that Shakira's tongue thing at the SB might have been a curse on us for 2020, but here's my theory: 

Lady Gaga created pandemic in order to not have to tour

Spoiler

Gretchen GIF by memecandy

Don't Call Me Gaga

Sorcerer92

There is no era because Gaga chose not to promote the album, nothing more nothing less. I don't understand why so many try to find various explanations. It's time to move on from expecting any promo. She was snubbed at the Grammys and the tour likely isn't happening. The best we can hope for is maybe one more music video (since allegedly some were filmed before lockdowns) and/or a live stream performance of the album; anything more is wishful thinking. 

TimisaMonster

Well Gaga made a choice not to promote the album or music sooo...:trollga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

SoSourCandy

its not feels like an era because there is no era at all. 

lmao we only get a performance and a mv in 7 months. :rip:

i mean if she wont promote at least she could’ve been shooting music videos this whole time. for songs like alice , free woman, babylon , sour candy , replay. 

VasilisVas

Does it really matter anymore? Gaga isn’t a newbie artist anymore and doesn’t owe us anything. Gaga can release a million albums at this point and never promote, never make new videos etc., and it is what it is. She already cemented herself as an icon in the music industry, so as far as she’s concerned, she achieved her goal. Now lock this thread that we’ve seen a trillion times this year before things get messy. :kiss:

Guillaume Hamon

Plenty of people will complain about this thread yet they knew what to expect while seing the title. :huntyga:

8 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

Does it really matter anymore? Gaga isn’t a newbie artist anymore and doesn’t owe us anything. Gaga can release a million albums at this point and never promote, never make new videos etc., and it is what it is. She already cemented herself as an icon in the music industry, so as far as she’s concerned, she achieved her goal. Now lock this thread that we’ve seen a trillion times this year before things get messy. :kiss:

It matters to us because we’re fans? Why are so many of you more concerned about her pockets than about the fan experience?

Archived