Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I Think This Era Feels 'Less Gaga'

edengowon

Featured Posts

Freezie03

Gaga can do whatever she wants, she's a human being and I'm never gonna not support her (unless she does something unforgivable but she hasn't). All I wish for is that she'd say something. Going completely silent during an album cycle isn't normal so forgive me if I think it's strange that she hasn't said a word why or explained to people who are worried about her (and before you say, "you guys aren't worried about her you're bullying her", there are a lot of people who are just genuinely confused and concerned). 

This doesn't feel like a case of aging. Sure, I don't expect her to be out every day and do all she did in 2008-2013, but I never expected this level of silence. Madonna, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift are still doing stuff all the time with their music and they've been in the industry even longer than Gaga.

If Gaga is truly not passionate about music anymore (which may very well be as not only does she talk about her other ventures more, but she also stated that she made Chromatica for us), I honestly just wish she wouldn't pretend that she still is. Don't give me that little sliver of hope that you're still just as devoted to music as you were in 2012, at least be honest so I know I can let go (by let go I don't mean stop supporting her I mean to stop expecting **** we don't receive).

No, Gaga doesn't technically owe us anything. Jennifer Lawrence (nothing against her just using an example) doesn't owe us movies, she could suddenly give it all up for baking and not offer any sort of explanation. I don't owe my friends christmas gifts, I could suddenly **** off in the woods because I want to and not offer an explanation. Yeah, people aren't banks we don't owe each other stuff. Doesn't mean it's wrong or selfish to wonder why someone isn't doing something you've come to know them for and expect from them.

Edit: oh and before someone says "you're obsessing too much" I'm a fan. on a fansite. if talking about what Gaga is doing at this very moment is obsessing then let's all just leave.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SoSourCandy
30 minutes ago, Freezie03 said:

Gaga can do whatever she wants, she's a human being and I'm never gonna not support her (unless she does something unforgivable but she hasn't). All I wish for is that she'd say something. Going completely silent during an album cycle isn't normal so forgive me if I think it's strange that she hasn't said a word why or explained to people who are worried about her (and before you say, "you guys aren't worried about her you're bullying her", there are a lot of people who are just genuinely confused and concerned). 

This doesn't feel like a case of aging. Sure, I don't expect her to be out every day and do all she did in 2008-2013, but I never expected this level of silence. Madonna, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift are still doing stuff all the time with their music and they've been in the industry even longer than Gaga.

If Gaga is truly not passionate about music anymore (which may very well be as not only does she talk about her other ventures more, but she also stated that she made Chromatica for us), I honestly just wish she wouldn't pretend that she still is. Don't give me that little sliver of hope that you're still just as devoted to music as you were in 2012, at least be honest so I know I can let go (by let go I don't mean stop supporting her I mean to stop expecting **** we don't receive).

No, Gaga doesn't technically owe us anything. Jennifer Lawrence (nothing against her just using an example) doesn't owe us movies, she could suddenly give it all up for baking and not offer any sort of explanation. I don't owe my friends christmas gifts, I could suddenly **** off in the woods because I want to and not offer an explanation. Yeah, people aren't banks we don't owe each other stuff. Doesn't mean it's wrong or selfish to wonder why someone isn't doing something you've come to know them for and expect from them.

Edit: oh and before someone says "you're obsessing too much" I'm a fan. on a fansite. if talking about what Gaga is doing at this very moment is obsessing then let's all just leave.

all of this just perfect example of my thoughts. :applause:

foodandmusiclover
57 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

You seriously think she was lying about caring about her fans all these years? If she didn’t why would she even create the BTWF to begin with? :smh:

It was sarcasm... but you never know what people do for image... but I dont believe that as well 

14 hours ago, SoSourCandy said:

if its a flop that means nobody cared,so why would i bother myself to listen to it :rip: 

no disrespect to anybody that works hard to become famous ww and grab loyal fans in the process... But honestly the charts are filled with mediocre voices, preset music and overproduction.... Some really smaller acts actually reach perfection in their craft. And also, getting into one of them feel rewarding and great too, like having a little secret treasure. 

And the thing is : when you get to stan a smaller act, you don't have no expectation. Nothing is not enough or too much... For example Cosima.... (hymns for him is her most danceable hit)... I just stan a true queen. She makes me feel so happy and is truly an underground gem. 

hello hello baby.

I am actually a little worried about her now. I hope she is doing alright. She has never been or seemed so far from us for such long periods.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

numb the flame
On 12/27/2020 at 2:23 AM, Sister said:

I am actually a little worried about her now. I hope she is doing alright. She has never been or seemed so far from us for such long periods.

Honestly, I mean this in the nicest way, if the Haus don't want us to know if Gaga is okay or not then we just have to assume that she's fine. There's no point in worrying anymore as they obviously don't want us to worry but their silence doesn't help. Maybe Gaga is doing fine, she just doesn't care about using social media over the holidays. 

Mother of Puppies

Ok, so here is my opinion to that.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic which has never happened before like this. I think the reason why she is not promoting this as much is because a lot of people have died, loads of people have lost their loved ones and loads of people have lost their jobs and so on....

So I think that a lot of celebs are careful with what they post online, because they know that they are in a much better position than most people and want to avoid **** storms. The time is just not right promoting as much as they usually do, which is why Gaga postponed the release of Chromatica and did the Global Citizen thing instead.

And this could also be the reason why she does not post a lot at all - because first of all, there may not be happening a lot right now. She is most probably at her home preparing for her new Gucci role and that´s about it. So not much to show or tell. That´s why the only thing she has showed in the past months are selfies of her at home every other day....

When everything hopefully goes back to "normal" she will most probably show us more again... if she wants to :)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Mother of Puppies
On 12/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, Gay P said:

PS. I have a mother with Multiple Sclerosis, which is a rather degenerative auto immune condition and have watched her be able to do less and less throughout my entire life, so the idea that someone can’t do as much and needs to take it easy for the sake of their health has never been foreign to me. Another side of this is that some of you guys lack basic empathy for her situation. She has said she has auto-immune like symptoms and that was within the last 6 months. If the case was that she can’t do as much, then so be it, that is PERFECTLY okay too. 

I´m sorry to hear that. :/ I hope you guys are doing well nontheless.

When has she said that she has auto-immune like symptoms? I remember that years ago she said that she has Lupus, but that she does not have any symptoms. Has that changed?

I think this is also the reason she does not do as many concerts anymore as she used to, because a) she gets older too and b) because of her mental & physical conditions. And she shouldn´t do as much, because playing hundreds of shows a year is just too much - for anybody! So she is listening to her body, which is good.

I personally think that next year will be better and then the Chromatica era continues!

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

If Gaga has indeed shot the British Vogue cover and shot the SC video then I'd suspect the era will continue in 2021, I think more things will come next year.

4 hours ago, NickyPuppy said:

I´m sorry to hear that. :/ I hope you guys are doing well nontheless.

When has she said that she has auto-immune like symptoms? I remember that years ago she said that she has Lupus, but that she does not have any symptoms. Has that changed?

I think this is also the reason she does not do as many concerts anymore as she used to, because a) she gets older too and b) because of her mental & physical conditions. And she shouldn´t do as much, because playing hundreds of shows a year is just too much - for anybody! So she is listening to her body, which is good.

I personally think that next year will be better and then the Chromatica era continues!

I’m not entirely sure which interview it was, it was one of the blue hair interviews during the 911/Channel kindness “eras”. She tested borderline positive for lupus in 2010 (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on the year) but that doesn’t inherently mean she’d develop symptoms later on, but it does certainly make it a possibility. I remember my mom commented how she looked swollen during the AMA performance of The Cure and guessed it might have been due to cortisone shots which is a common way of mediating both the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis and Lupus, as they’re potentially related conditions. My mom isn’t a Gaga fan at all she just thinks music award shows are fun, so ever since then, especially after the tour got canceled, I took Gaga’s physical state way more seriously and have a lot of empathy for her. 

Chromatican

2020 has been more “Gaga” than 2016, 2018 or 2019. You guys just need to understand that this era was sabotaged by Covid and unfortunately Gaga didn’t get to do most of what she wanted. We still got a really good album, a #1 single and some of Gaga’s best music videos in a decade. You guys are just kind of ungrateful at this point. 

Andrea B
On 12/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, SoSourCandy said:

she could’ve shoot music videos and release them and turn this album into half visual album but she also wont do that

poor monsters, we give her a lot and receive so little every time since born this way era. 

we get 10$ butget music videos or not even getting it at all. she kinda doesnt deserve such a big fanbase like this lol look at ariana and taylor they both have huge fanbase and taylor released 3 albums in a year and ariana released in 2018-2019-2020. what we have? a music video in 7 months 💀 

she would easly drop new music video every 2-3 months but she choose to make this fanbase suffer. its so unfair. and we aint the ones to blame for it. 

I get that gaga doesnt want to promote the album for some reason, and I agree with most of you but you guys act like she's been lazy for YEARS. Didnt we get Joanne and a million performances in 2016? the Superbowl, The Cure, Coachella and a WW tour in 2017?? a movie and a soundtrack in 2018? performances and Enigma in 2019?? and a new album in 2020? and she's set to act in two movies next year, she's been releasing projects every year since 2016, I think she deserves to rest.... 

Its just Lu
On 12/25/2020 at 10:09 PM, SoSourCandy said:

u calling me a sheep for not liking bad as flop songs is your problem

I think its just the way HOW you say something. It’s completely normal when you don’t like certain songs but saying repeatedly there‘re flops is a little harsh. Just because you (or sometimes most) don’t like certain songs means not that there flops for everyone. If you would have said you think or your opinion is that these are flops it would be a whole other story. And its ok when you set your focus on the numbers of her career but with saying its almost the only thing that count takes the possibility for others away to have other points of view without the feeling of its less worth. 

And i could see the whole thing wrong and maybe i switched up a few reply’s wich would make my post completely senseless but there is still a small chance that everything makes sense :gum:

Archived