Big Reputation

Gaga sounds good but Elton doesn’t fit or sound good on the track

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

It's the New York Post tho :triggered:.

Even if this was named Best Song of the Year from the same publication, it'd still be like "it's the New York Post tho :triggered:"

It's a bit of right wing, tabloidy publication, so eh. 

Ludwig Beethoven
1 hour ago, Mr Judas said:

We don't know who wrote what exactly. Gaga has always been very generous in handing bout writing credits. I believe that the melody and instrumentation was already made for elton back in 2013 by SHM. I still do think that gaga and elton wrote their own parts in the song and gaga came up with the meaning and concept herself.

-

Anyway it's just my opinion that it's her greatest song melodically and lyrically. Judging you on your replies i can see that you only think of it as "dated", whatever that means. Which also is a valid opinion. :lolga:

I think lyrically it’s good!  But the sound and eltons voice kinda ruined it for me :(

Music is a higher revelation than philosophy.

Economy
6 hours ago, Frivolero said:

I feel that this song is way ahead of anybody's time right now

those who hate on it just don't get it

it's an out of body experience to listen to sine from above, and who even writes about sine waves??? C'mon this will playing 24/7 in every gay bar in 2120 :triggered:

I love the song. The only thing I don't like is the out of place ending. Like I would of just cut that off the song tbh

They’re not wrong. Dated demo that’s been sitting in the drawers being recycled for this song :yennefer:

2 hours ago, Economy said:

I love the album. The only thing I don't like is the out of place Elton collab. Like I would of just cut that off the album.

Don't Call Me Gaga

voidfigure

What's wrong now with Elton's voice on SFA? It sounds okay. 

OP: NYP editors must have a very frustrating life. 

Catnikko
8 hours ago, Frivolero said:

I feel that this song is way ahead of anybody's time right now

those who hate on it just don't get it

it's an out of body experience to listen to sine from above, and who even writes about sine waves??? C'mon this will playing 24/7 in every gay bar in 2120 :triggered:

i love the song but this post is so ARTPOP stan

'way ahead of anybody's time' when the songs literally in the style of songs like 8-10 years ago :ladyhaha:

in fact this song WAS made that long ago as axwell already said he originally made it for Elton John in like 2012 :air:

Actual patient

low key can't stand the song. The production is awesome but Elton vocals sound odd and then we find out they were literally recorded during a skype call or whatever so it explains the really poor quality of his voice on this track. The lyrics are beautiful tho. 

Archived