Featured Posts

but we're far from the 2 billion now..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zakariah

it’s truly her ‘My Heart Will Go On’ / ‘I Will Always Love You’ :diane:

it’s been 2 years and my country’s radio stations are still playing it consistently

not to mention, Jin from BTS has it as his top song recommendation on South Korea’s MelOn platform, over HIS OWN SONG

StrawberryBlond

What a great early Christmas present. With any luck, it may hit 6 million likes by Christmas day as well, so it's her most liked song as well. Its been a long time coming. When she started out, it was a big deal on Vevo to reach 100 million, now there are artists who have several videos with 1 billion views or more, some even have ones with over 2 billion, so Gaga was a bit odd in the fact that it took her until early 2018 to get her first 1 billion viewed video with BR, so to get a second less than three years later is wonderful. It's safe to say that this song is a future classic, on a list of the greatest soundtracks of all time, one of the best duets of all time, seen as a major turning point in Gaga's career. Let's not forgot how well the live version has also been received and until now, Gaga never got attention like that for her live videos, not even for the likes of the SB. And that live performance was just her and Bradley at a piano, which shows she can hold attention even when she's not doing crazy things on stage.

Economy
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

What a great early Christmas present. With any luck, it may hit 6 million likes by Christmas day as well, so it's her most liked song as well. Its been a long time coming. When she started out, it was a big deal on Vevo to reach 100 million, now there are artists who have several videos with 1 billion views or more, some even have ones with over 2 billion, so Gaga was a bit odd in the fact that it took her until early 2018 to get her first 1 billion viewed video with BR, so to get a second less than three years later is wonderful. It's safe to say that this song is a future classic, on a list of the greatest soundtracks of all time, one of the best duets of all time, seen as a major turning point in Gaga's career. Let's not forgot how well the live version has also been received and until now, Gaga never got attention like that for her live videos, not even for the likes of the SB. And that live performance was just her and Bradley at a piano, which shows she can hold attention even when she's not doing crazy things on stage.

Yeah I remember when Bad Romance hit 200M and it was such a huge deal :ladyhaha:

But legit Gaga's peak in 2009 to 2011 was like the worst time ever to peak statistics wise tho :triggered:

Album sales were already collapsing big time back then and free downloading programs like limewire were used a lot and yet streaming hadn't taken off strongly yet in paid services and weren't counted in charts yet as SPS

At the same time YouTube views started surging for music videos after Gagas peak ended because older generation started using YouTube and also developing countries started getting enough internet service to start accessing videos in mass

Gaga has impressive legendary stats despite her commercial peak being when sales plummeted, streaming didn't count yet in charts and certifications, half the world's population didn't have internet (or string enough internet to stream videos) and most music access was illegal untracked free downloads

Imagine her stats if her peak was a few years later or earlier :giveup:

ALGAYDO
4 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Now let's hope Gaga acknowledges it by.... releasing an exclusive-never before seen performance video of ARUTW :poot:

Gaga? Acknowledging her music? Don’t be silly 

Mise en Scene
4 hours ago, Divine said:

Sour Candy is Next :sis:

Someone better let Gaga know because she’s still in bed eating Oreos. 
620-A4-F16-8-CF3-490-B-B539-4-F59-DED866

Nae mam hwik hwik gama panorama

Amazing that we can determine a classic when it hits a billion views on Youtube, u know the GP are paying attention, not just fans. Bad Romance, Shallow, and next is Poker Face. I am so proud of Gaga, still being able to create timeless out-of-the-ordinary songs. A pattern that I can see....these three songs have "ooooOoh"s in them. Just an observation 

3 hours ago, JudasJustDance said:

Y’all this is insane :firega: 

Two 1 Billion viewed videos 10 years apart:firega:

This sounds like it took 10 years for her to get a second 1b+ video :selena: 

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Pop Music

I was in science class senior year minutes away from lunch time with my phone by my leg buying the song the second it came out on iTunes and then going to lunch to listen to it and that is all I did for the entire lunch period was play Shallow over and over again

who knew 2 months later every single person in my school knew this song pretty much and the female choir did a student arranged acapella version of it the next February 

been a classic since the second it hit my eardrums 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Economy
On 12/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, Lazzarus said:

In a year and a half it may even surpass it on YouTube :ally:

If the current rate of views hold it will probably be closer to 2 years

Don't forget Bad Romance still gets 400K to 500K views itself so by the time Shallow reaches where Bad Romance is now, Bad Romance will have another 150M to 200M so there is that relativity offset

Shallow for some time has been getting on average about 300K more views than Bad Romance while bad Romance has about 300M more views. If you do the math that's still another 1000 days roughly

So in fact we're talking more than 2 years. 

That is of course at the current view rate. If their gap in views widens further which it may than a year and a half is possible

Archived