💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The Guardian: Dua “out Gaga’d Gaga and out Kylie’d Kylie”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Dua-Lipa.jpg
The 50 best albums of 2020, No 2: Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia

The name alone suggests that we’d look back on these songs with happy memories attached. But will we ever be nostalgic for 2020? I suspect that Lipa will: 2020 is the year she became a pop behemoth. She transcended the “great look, serviceable songs” box she’d been marketed into and became one of pop’s most exciting major players: she out Gaga’d Gaga and out Kylie’d Kylie. In late November, more than 5 million people tuned in to her Studio 2054 livestream to watch her cavort around London’s Printworks with a gang of dancers and pop guests, heavy with product placement, meme-able moments and bookended by giant Lipa-helmed brand endorsements. It was enormous fun but less illegal rave than high-budget school disco, recalling the satire of Josie and the Pussycats and images of the Spice Girls travelling through Times Square in Spiceworld, their own gigantic faces grinning down from every billboard. There was no hint of wryness here: Lipa is making hay while the sun shines. And why not, for a pop star who’s been building to megastar status breaking through when arenas are closed and clubs left dark?

Read the review

Hottie Detector

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReallyVenus

Do we love Dua? Yes. Do we think she's a phenomenal artist? Also yes. Did she really have that much impact? No.

Who stepped on my taco?

She...did not. FN is album of the year for me and I stan dua but the impact gaga had in her second album era has yet to be matched, let alone “out-gaga’d”

alsemanche

I LOVE Dua and FN but this is just not it lol. I'm sure Dua herself wouldn't agree with this. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

DoremonLove

See this is the problem. They need to compare dua to others to make their point?. Disrespectful towards both gaga and kylie.:shrug: what can we say gaga literally is the standard.

How can anoyone not love gaga

Gagz4Gaga

She doesn’t have a BB Number 1 album and/or single but they keep praising her like she’s the second coming of Messiah. People should really chill out :billie:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Leoj305

In terms of promo maybe, I mean she’s pushing videos and singles left and right. I will argue chromatica is one of the best albums Gaga has released, but the promo isn’t there. 

Anderson123

She has done amazing this year and I feel like most of those ideas were her's. The music, the performances, videos, Studio 2054. They're just throwing Gaga and Kylie names there for click bait but can understand what they mean with it. COVID came in the middle of her big sophomore album and she took the opportunity to make it a big event in spite of it.

The album has been great and it had a couple of moderate hits but it was impactful mostly to pop fans who looked it up. At least I'm glad this is not a Katy Perry Teenage Dream situation where they shove her music up your throat for years.

Patriziaa Reggiani

And then they say sh!t like this, how t f mis lipa even got compared to gaga on the first place.

I will not watch House of Gucci

2 minutes ago, Lighter said:

three words: unpaid gay intern

The gay intern had some big balls to be able to come out with that bold statement :poot:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a2404fb062961560b4

Hottie Detector

Moonlight on Water

I love them both but no one can top Gaga, at least not yet. Dua did serve an era though, that's for sure. I guess she did better than Gaga in that way? but imo, Chromatica is better than Future Nostalgia. Chromatica is AOTY, FN is next to it.

she/her

Cyber Babylon

STFU, she didn't not out gaga’d nor Kylie’d, she just release an generic H&M+Forever 21 shopping background music album, that's it, nothing more!

alsemanche
Just now, Cyber Babylon said:

STFU, she didn't not out gaga’d nor Kylie’d, she just release an generic H&M+Forever 21 shopping background music album, that's it, nothing more!

this is not it either but okay :huntyga:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

LittleMonster20

Not that Dua isn’t doing amazing this year but comparing her to actual LEGENDS like Gaga and Kylie is not it.

Archived