Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is slowly becoming an “Industry Puppet”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Chromatican
Just now, Regina George said:

Let's agree to disagree. 

No, you guys just want Gaga to be exactly like Dua, even though Dua is on her second album, doesn't have an acting career, and is in her 20s. I'm not going to agree that Gaga is lazy and doesn't give a **** about Chromatica just because stans want that narrative to be true.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
1 minute ago, Chromatican said:

No, you guys just want Gaga to be exactly like Dua, even though Dua is on her second album, doesn't have an acting career, and is in her 20s. I'm not going to agree that Gaga is lazy and doesn't give a **** about Chromatica just because stans want that narrative to be true.

Ammm can y'all just stop bringing Dua into everything? No.. like I said I don't want her to do or be anything. I don't care. :billie: I am just over this discussion. 

giskardsb
7 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Taylor, Beyonce and Gaga are all being SMART with their future careers, and moving away from pop. It is sad to say, but the general public is not here for a lot of female singers past 35. Gaga needs to diversify or she will become an EDM singer who only appeals to people on this site.

not to mention it's always been clear with Gaga that acting was actually her first choice.  Tisch DRAMA school, for example and her own statements.

Gaga is clearly a restless creative who enjoys giving herself new challenges.  Starting a business is a new challenge.  Acting is a new challenge.   Pop star is a "been there done that" kindof thing.  She is still a musician, I have no doubt music will continue to be a big part of her career.   But fans have their golden image of Gaga as "the words biggest pop star" and that particular ideal is apparently not an ideal Gaga shares in her own desires anymore.   She's moved onto other adventures that hold her attention.  Covid screwed up her plans for 2020 and she has film and other activities scheduled that likely can't just can't be jettisoned easily.  

Pop star was never the top of Gaga's personal mountain, it was merely the first step in a multidimensional career.  I actually find inspiration in this, in that she is constantly looking for new  avenues to explore in her life.  

Chromatican
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

Ammm can y'all just stop bringing Dua into everything? No.. like I said I don't want her to do or be anything. I don't care. :billie: I am just over this discussion. 

I'm just being honest. Gaga is not a 20-something shiny pop starlet anymore. She has made incredibly smart career moves in the last few years (and also a few bad ones).

Suspiria
16 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Except she does care about what fans appreciate. That's why she did Chromatica :smh: Chromatica is literally the album fans have been clamoring for ever since C2C. 

She's spent more than half of her career doing other things than dance pop because she's not just a dance pop artist. She's versatile and diverse in what she and will do. Maybe up until ARTPOP you could've been like, "Well, it's weird for her to do a jazz album, but okay...I guess??", but now, y'all just gotta accept the fact that she's going to do different things. 

Yes I agree. I was disagreeing with the other user's point that fans are essentially holding her back. When in fact she has shown that she is more than willing to do things her (original) fans won't like.

I also agree that Chromatica was an act of fan service, which I appreciate very much. But this era has been more like her throwing us a bone eith the album, rather than really going out of her way to satisfy fans, was the point I was trying to make.

Chromatican
5 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

not to mention it's always been clear with Gaga that acting was actually her first choice.  Tisch DRAMA school, for example and her own statements.

Gaga is clearly a restless creative who enjoys giving herself new challenges.  Starting a business is a new challenge.  Acting is a new challenge.   Pop star is a "been there done that" kindof thing.  She is still a musician, I have no doubt music will continue to be a big part of her career.   But fans have their golden image of Gaga as "the words biggest pop star" and that particular ideal is apparently not an ideal Gaga shares in her own desires anymore.   She's moved onto other adventures that hold her attention.  Covid screwed up her plans for 2020 and she has film and other activities scheduled that likely can't just can't be jettisoned easily.  

Pop star was never the top of Gaga's personal mountain, it was merely the first step in a multidimensional career.  I actually find inspiration in this, in that she is constantly looking for new  avenues to explore in her life.  

Yes, and at this point music as a whole is not the same spectacle it once was. Usually eras are only talked about for a couple months or a year at most. Back in the early days of my pop music standom it wasn't unusual for eras to last a year or even two. It is also more advantageous for Gaga to move on to a different project at this point. People have already heard Chromatica, and some additional promo would be nice, but it's not going to banish the virus, or change Gaga's career for the better in the long-term. I'd rather she just plans an amazing LG7 era and can hopefully do as many live performances and promotional opportunities as she wants on her own terms.

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

I'm just being honest. Gaga is not a 20-something shiny pop starlet anymore. She has made incredibly smart career moves in the last few years (and also a few bad ones).

And I completely agree with that! You're right! I honestly don't expect her to promote the album like crazy but I do think she should take a Taylor/Beyonce route and release surprise albums with 1-2 amazing videos, few interviews, maybe a little documentary and that's it. 

numb the flame
13 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Well, I think given the fact that she planned a Coachella set, tour, ROM performance spots, did a VMA medley, gave us the most music videos in a single calendar year since 2011, did mainstream collaborations, did an acoustic version of Sine in the Voce Viva commercial and gave us amazing photo-shoots she is passionate about the project.

to be honest for the Valentino ad, they took the piano and vocal stems from the album. It wasn't as though she rerecorded Sine or released the piano demo especially for the Voce Viva campaign. The "piano version" wasn't what I was expecting.  

Chromatican
1 minute ago, numb the flame said:

to be honest for the Valentino ad, they took the piano and vocal stems from the album. It wasn't as though she rerecorded Sine or released the piano demo especially for the Voce Viva campaign. The "piano version" wasn't what I was expecting.  

Ok, I mean fair, but it is not like Gaga is being an Adele, and only releases an album every five years. Gaga has done a **** ton of promo in the last two years, her attention is now split between music, film and her personal life.

Mise en Scene

It amazes me how long some people can fight about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and....

Nae mam hwik hwik gama panorama

Chromatican
8 minutes ago, Regina George said:

And I completely agree with that! You're right! I honestly don't expect her to promote the album like crazy but I do think she should take a Taylor/Beyonce route and release surprise albums with 1-2 amazing videos, few interviews, maybe a little documentary and that's it. 

I definitely agree, I just think at this point it is smarter to begin planning the LG7 era when things settle down a bit, rather than in the midst of Covid and filming for other acting projects. By 2022 Gaga will be able to tour, travel internationally and film music videos in a much safer way.

Stephen

Sorry but I don't think industry puppet works either :smh:

That would imply that the music industry is controlling her... I think the word you're looking for is "sellout" :billie:

Whenever I see threads like these I like to think what would it have been like in the 80s for example :sis:

Imagine Barbra Streisand’s fans saying: Omg she’s so lazy she doesn’t even promote as much as she did 10 years ago, look at that new artist Kylie Minogue, she’s so passionate about her album, Barbra has changed so much, she doesn’t care about us :((((

MessyTop
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

I don't understand why everyone is concerned about whether Haus Labs is a cash grab or not. It's a product her and her team have put a lot of work into, and it's paying off. Sure, it's not music, but in a world where she can't tour there's not much she can do music wise to actually keep up with her bills. 

Dua, Taylor and Ariana say hi! 

• Admin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Admin locked this topic

Archived