💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is slowly becoming an “Industry Puppet”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo
2 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

She released a full album, two singles including a Hot100 #1 debut, 3 music videos and a bunch of remixes. How exactly she's losing touch with music industry?

Releasing music doesn’t make you in touch with the industry lol 

:huntyga: I could put out a record, doesn’t make me suddenly in touch 

also Ariana contributed massively to the hot 100 debut 

so yes she is losing touch since she enlisted the help of a newer artist with the strongest streaming power

please enlighten me to death

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

She just released an album 6 months ago :air: According to this logic Adele isn’t passionate about music because her last album came out half a decade ago? 

Adele promotes the hell out of everything she releases and is clearly passionate about her projects. I don’t understand this obsession about “protecting” Gaga against the opinions of her own fans. You’re not better than others because you are here blindly protecting her contradictions and deluding yourself.

Sneaky Oliver
Just now, Blastertoyo said:

Releasing music doesn’t make you in touch with the industry lol 

:huntyga:

also Ariana contributed massively to the hot 100 debut 

so yes she is losing touch since she enlisted the help of a newer artist with the strongest streaming power

if she was smart enough to feature Ariana in her track, it just shows she's still in touch. If Stupid Love made it to the top10 even though it was leaked months prior to release, ROM was about become a hit with or without Ariana. Why do you guys enjoy so much diminishing and discrediting Gaga's work? It doesn't even look like you guys appreciate her anymore, it looks like you just tolerate her for whatever reason. Just stop

I’m on my Legacy Act era

imnotyourbabe10

I understand that folks make different career moves, and that is just fine. She’s always putting out interesting work. But I also do understand some of what everyone is saying about the “music, not the bling.”  I don’t feel like I’ve seen her advertise this much. Of course, there’s always been ad placements and videos or at concerts, but all of the product promotion as of late feels really overdone — at least on her own page, if that makes sense?

She is always reinventing herself and I have loved going along for the ride. But I must say I was most inspired during the Born This Way and ARTPOP eras. Radical self-love (before it became toxic positivity these days) and sticking it to the man/queering the music with AP (“**** you pop music, this is ARTPOP!”).

I guess what I’m trying to say is that it seems as though you can’t always be radical and have to “grow up.”  Like it’s not sustainable to stick it to the man.  It squashes my hope for real progress in our society in a sense. It’s not just Gaga, but rather, the politics in United States. Fingers crossed for the AOCs of our politics to keep being progressive.

Sneaky Oliver
3 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Adele promotes the hell out of everything she releases and is clearly passionate about her projects. I don’t understand this obsession about “protecting” Gaga against the opinions of her own fans. You’re not better than others because you are here blindly protecting her contradictions and deluding yourself.

I love you but expressing our perspective about the issue is not "blindly protecting" her. How does Adele promote her projects more than Gaga? She released 25, two MVs and barely performed Hello live before vanishing completely from public eye for YEARS. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

She just released an album 6 months ago :air: According to this logic Adele isn’t passionate about music because her last album came out half a decade ago? 

Not just released but but made a meaningful album with some of her best visuals, music videos, concepts and looks, a performance which actually had its whole concept by itself and so on. You just can't say that she was not dedicated in the "few" things that she did, if she was not dedicated and was straight out lazy then she would have made a bland album with everything else being bland aswell. The excuses are becoming more and more tired and lazy, yes she did a lot of ads but this is because they were planned a year ago to go along with the album promotion but since everything got cancelled (or delayed) then we are left only with the ads because she would get sued if she was not promoting them. If people are getting tired of her then they should just leave her instead of being obssesed with whatever plans she has for her other projects (she's allowed to do other things beside music) It's honestly unhealthy to be obssesed with someone that you don't even like anymore/like what they do.

PawsUpJago

The way this fan-site is worse than ATRL tbh 😂... 

Whilst I am frustrated with the way this era has turned out the more it has continued, and I don't believe Gaga is above criticism, just let her do what she likes. All these threads are purely assumptions anyway, no one knows how she feels personally so let's not pretend like any of us do. 

I stan a lot of other artists so am being more than fed each year with great music, and not many of those artists even have to do this crazy constructed promotional outpour for me to enjoy the music or force me to believe that they are passionate about music. 

Also, if Haus Labs really is meant to be this big cash grab, then she needs to make the products better for one and she could be grabbing even more money, only a few of the things are even worth the money in the first place 😂 

6 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Today for all we know she can be laughing from behind the scenes making music with her friends while selling herself to millions and we will never know. We don’t know her mind and her day to day life after all. 

Agreed. And yet still, day after day, week after week, people come on here drawing conclusions about what's in her head or her heart.

Everybody in the music industry (everybody on the planet in fact) cares about the bling. If an artist didn't care about the bling, they wouldn't be in the industry in the first place. They'd sit at home singing and playing just for fun. Fortunately the industry exists, so artists can make a career out of their art and all of our lives are enriched (lol) as a result. Gaga is not an amateur, either literally or figuratively. She is a professonal, a professonal singer, musician, actress and entertainer that is, not a professional reincarnation of Mother Teresa.

davidtaylor
1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

That's true but it would seem fans opinions aren't that important to her considering didn't cater to them for like 5 years.

she is an artist and performer, artists express themselves for their fans, fans that expect artist to 'cater to them' are just toxic af

so happy i could die

Regina George
6 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I love you but expressing our perspective about the issue is not "blindly protecting" her. How does Adele promote her projects more than Gaga? She released 25, two MVs and barely performed Hello live before vanishing completely from public eye for YEARS. 

You’re right. Adele is not a good comparison because Adele doesn’t need to promote to actually have a huge public impact and that is not comparable to Gaga unfortunately. Gaga needs to promote her projects if she wants huge success. Also my point is that we as her fans (at least majority) aren’t used to her being this silent.. Especially fans that are here before ARTPOP.. We saw Gaga being so passionate about her projects and so happy she’s able to spread the word about it and now we are seeing this whole different person which makes it seem like she is not as passionate for whatever reason.

Chromatican

These threads are so presumptuous. Gaga has always done brand partnerships. She has partnered with Starbucks, Bud Light, Doritos SXSW, Beats headphones, Polaroid, and so on and so forth. The fans who don't like Gaga's business partnerships also praise Taylor for doing similar moves. Gaga is a brand whether we like it or not, she is not an indie artist. Releases aren't only about making Gaga richer, Gaga has a whole team she employs that relies on her, choreographers, muas, manager etc. Interscope was planning on Gaga touring, and Gaga was planning on promoting Chromatica much more than she ended up doing. I don't understand how complaining will change anything at this point. Gaga had set aside early 2020 as Chromatica era, and virtually every planned promo spot was either cancelled or altered. It is also premature to call the era a done deal, for all we know Gaga could do some promo post-vaccine and/or between filming Bullet Train and Gucci.

1 minute ago, Regina George said:

You’re right. Adele is not a good comparison because Adele doesn’t need to promote to actually have a huge public impact and that is not comparable to Gaga unfortunately. Gaga needs to promote her projects if she wants huge success. Also my point is that we as her fans (at least majority) aren’t used to her being this silent.. Especially fans that are here before ARTPOP.. We saw Gaga being so passionate about her projects and so happy she’s able to spread the word about it and now we are seeing this whole different person which makes it seem like she is not as passionate for whatever reason.

Adele is also a poor comparison because Adele is not also an in demand actress who has been eyed by Bob Iger, Ridley Scott and David Leitch, or been nominated for best actress in the last year. Gaga has more than music on her mind, and fans need to accept this. Gaga went through her Dua imperial era in 2008-2013. Gaga is halfway to 40, and with the music industry the way it is she is lucky to still be getting #1 hits, #1 albums and the amount of praise she has now. Part of the problem is ageist radio and pop culture, which is not going to give Gaga much of a chance from here on out. The fans who constantly compare Gaga to Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish need to get real, Gaga debuted during the George W. Bush administration, while these girls came to prominence in the streaming age. Gaga can be passionate about a project, but she is also performing a difficult balancing act between her HAC audience, original pop fanbase and the younger music listeners. The fans who think she could just promo the heck out of things and drastically alter pop culture for the third or fourth time in a little over a decade are delusional.

HausOfAntonio
5 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Maybe she doesn’t WANT “huge success,” like the fans demand from her :awkney:

She’s already successful enough, she has nothing left to prove if she doesn’t want to...

• Admin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Admin locked this topic

Archived