Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Nme's list of 2020 albums

PxA limited

Featured Posts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s really good! Especially considering it’s not a pop-focused magazine although they do cover a lot of pop. Well done!

imnotyourbabe10

Fetch the Bolt Cutters should have ranked higher. Where are Jessie Ware and Alanis, though? :grr:

Right on for HAIM, at least!

Poissonche

Isn't NME that magazine with the reputation of being snob about which Halsey made an accidental 9/11 joke? And they included so many pop mainstream albums, including Halsey's? I'm impressed. I haven't heard most of these albums, but it seems fair and honest.

PxA limited
11 hours ago, Jill said:

I love Plastic Hearts but if you think it's better than folklore you're delusional

Lol, if i told you were delusional, you would have me reported probably.

Again, start reading correctly. Personally, I like Plastic Hearts much better than Folklore and Evermore that I find dull with all of the songs sounding the same. 

In the end of the day I understand they ranked her higher than Miley and Gaga cause it's just the thing with Taylor, but that much higher, sorry no.

4 hours ago, petararthur said:

Lol, if i told you were delusional, you would have me reported probably.

Again, start reading correctly. Personally, I like Plastic Hearts much better than Folklore and Evermore that I find dull with all of the songs sounding the same. 

In the end of the day I understand they ranked her higher than Miley and Gaga cause it's just the thing with Taylor, but that much higher, sorry no.

Wait why should I report you just because you called me delusional? I got called delusional everyday here :toofunny: And I quoted your post, I read it correctly and you only believe that Folklore is that high up because "it's just the thing with Taylor", which is objectively false. Folklore did what other albums this year didn't and it entered in all of these lists because of that. The fact you believe every song is the same isn't a reason to believe Folklore isn't a good album, it just shows that you didn't gave it the time necessary to appreciate it. You're that kind of person who prefer upbeat pop bops and I understand it, but at least recognize that Folklore is deserving of all the praise it gets, because it is the exact opposite of what everybody was doing at the time and it managed to do it flawlessly.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Jose P
12 hours ago, Poissonche said:

Isn't NME that magazine with the reputation of being snob about which Halsey made an accidental 9/11 joke? And they included so many pop mainstream albums, including Halsey's? I'm impressed. I haven't heard most of these albums, but it seems fair and honest.

No, the publication Halsey called out once was Pitchfork.

PxA limited
1 hour ago, Jill said:

Wait why should I report you just because you called me delusional? I got called delusional everyday here :toofunny: And I quoted your post, I read it correctly and you only believe that Folklore is that high up because "it's just the thing with Taylor", which is objectively false. Folklore did what other albums this year didn't and it entered in all of these lists because of that. The fact you believe every song is the same isn't a reason to believe Folklore isn't a good album, it just shows that you didn't gave it the time necessary to appreciate it. You're that kind of person who prefer upbeat pop bops and I understand it, but at least recognize that Folklore is deserving of all the praise it gets, because it is the exact opposite of what everybody was doing at the time and it managed to do it flawlessly.

I am not saying that Folklore is bad. I also listen to it, I adore Exile, I love August, Betty... but it is not better than Chromatica, nor Plastic Hearts and that is my point. And the thing with Taylor, that she is everyone's sweetheart and always so ahead of all the others, American pride with all the Grammy noms. In fact she is not, she's just doing her thing beautifully, but I hate seeing other artist snubbed because of favorism.

So yes, she deserves praise, but not more than other artists.

11 minutes ago, petararthur said:

I am not saying that Folklore is bad. I also listen to it, I adore Exile, I love August, Betty... but it is not better than Chromatica, nor Plastic Hearts and that is my point. And the thing with Taylor, that she is everyone's sweetheart and always so ahead of all the others, American pride with all the Grammy noms. In fact she is not, she's just doing her thing beautifully, but I hate seeing other artist snubbed because of favorism.

So yes, she deserves praise, but not more than other artists.

But first of all, favoritism isn't Taylor's fault. Second of all, the album itself is good and this comes from someone that almost hated Taylor back in the 1989 era. It's perfect for the times we're living in and I find the nostalgic lyrics and fictional stories very fitting for my and many other people's lives. This is something that neither Chromatica nor Plastic Hearts have, not because they aren't good (they are very good) but because they weren't made in quarantine, and as such lack the subtext that Folklore and Evermore both have, associated with the tough times everybody is trapped in. Folklore personifies (albumizes? lol) that feeling of nostalgia and self-reflection someone has when they're obliged to be in their houses for such a long time. For those and many more reasons (the fact she proved how good of a lyricist she is, for example), Taylor deserves more praise than other artists this year. It isn't favoritism, Taylor already had her "flop" era back when she was hated all around, the Kanye stuff, the Rep/Lover era, etc. People are loving her now because she managed to create this world we can escape to while we self-reflect. That's why she's being praised left and right, not because of favoritism.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

PxA limited
3 hours ago, Jill said:

But first of all, favoritism isn't Taylor's fault. Second of all, the album itself is good and this comes from someone that almost hated Taylor back in the 1989 era. It's perfect for the times we're living in and I find the nostalgic lyrics and fictional stories very fitting for my and many other people's lives. This is something that neither Chromatica nor Plastic Hearts have, not because they aren't good (they are very good) but because they weren't made in quarantine, and as such lack the subtext that Folklore and Evermore both have, associated with the tough times everybody is trapped in. Folklore personifies (albumizes? lol) that feeling of nostalgia and self-reflection someone has when they're obliged to be in their houses for such a long time. For those and many more reasons (the fact she proved how good of a lyricist she is, for example), Taylor deserves more praise than other artists this year. It isn't favoritism, Taylor already had her "flop" era back when she was hated all around, the Kanye stuff, the Rep/Lover era, etc. People are loving her now because she managed to create this world we can escape to while we self-reflect. That's why she's being praised left and right, not because of favoritism.

I won't lie and say that it is not nice hearing that an album makes someone feel the way you do, but then again, maybe some people hate that feeling of quarantine and struggle with nostalgia, the last thing they need is an album that is not going to lift them up. It is pretty subjective. 

Comparing amount of hate that Taylor got 2017/18 is nothing comparing to hate Miley and Gaga receive and favorism they dont, not just now but through their whole careers. 

Honestly, I think you understand what I'm saying but you are still defensive.

lilboyblue

The Chromatica acclaim. :pawsup:

It's an absolutely fantastic album. Let no one ~or the lack of a promo~ convince you otherwise. 

Archived