Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Nme's list of 2020 albums

PxA limited

Featured Posts

Cssomeone

I wish someone would make a list comparing all the lists (a kind of Metacritic of lists :ladyhaha:)

NME tends to prioritize British artists, while Pitchfork does the same with underground hip hop artists and Billboard does it with mainstream artists, for example. That's why their lists are so different

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chromatography said:

i think what Rina did was great yes but not top 7...maybe top 20

Lol it’s easily top 3 from this year, only FTBC is better.

Pennywise

Rina should be top 3, but this seems to be one of those "we're music snobs who think indie music is the only good music but let's put in some popular records to get those clicks" lists, so I'm talking it with a grain of salt anyway. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

I agree with most of the rankings. There seems to be a consensus that her album is #10-#20 on the year which I agree with it. 

Chromatography
7 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Lol it’s easily top 3 from this year, only FTBC is better.

ok thank you for replying to every reply i have on every thread to disagree. please block me and move on

James Gibson
11 hours ago, Ziggy said:

What happened in the last few months that Fiona Apple’s album, which was “best of the DECADE” to critics is now getting, like, 11th place on year-end lists? :laughga: that’s such a shift in public perception lmao

The album is by far the one with the most #1 in year end lists. And totally deserved. I saw some tried to dismiss it as simply 'overrated' because it had a high rating, but its none less of a fantastic album.

James Gibson
8 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

I wish someone would make a list comparing all the lists (a kind of Metacritic of lists :ladyhaha:)

NME tends to prioritize British artists, while Pitchfork does the same with underground hip hop artists and Billboard does it with mainstream artists, for example. That's why their lists are so different

Metacritic literally makes this list every year. They score each #1 mention for an album with 3 points, #2 with 2 and #3 with 1. Then they aggregate a compilation of the most acclaimed of the yeat. And ofc FTBC is by far number one.

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/music-critics-pick-top-10-best-albums-of-2020

12 hours ago, petararthur said:

Like in what universe is Miley so much worse than Taylor? 

I love Plastic Hearts but if you think it's better than folklore you're delusional

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Matangi
12 hours ago, COOOK said:

First time I see or read about their #1 :poot:

well maybe u shuold learn abt run the jewels. they are incredible and quite important

40 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

The album is by far the one with the most #1 in year end lists. And totally deserved. I saw some tried to dismiss it as simply 'overrated' because it had a high rating, but its none less of a fantastic album.

Oh I agree, I’m just saying I find it a little odd is all.

Ladle Ghoulash
13 hours ago, COOOK said:

First time I see or read about their #1 :poot:

Run the Jewels are an amazing group. Their last 3 albums have made year end lists in RS, Pitchfork, and NME.

Ladle Ghoulash
44 minutes ago, Jill said:

I love Plastic Hearts but if you think it's better than folklore you're delusional

And if you think folklore is better than Punisher by Phoebe Bridgers, you might be delusional 

Archived