Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

"Let Me Reintroduce Myself" Opens up WIDE Lead on iTunes

JRCF29

Featured Posts

According to the latest data from Kworb, Gwen Stefani's return to pop, "Let Me Reintroduce Myself", has opened up a wide lead over "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee on iTunes. 

Stefani has found success in the past year on country radio, with "Nobody But You" and "Happy Anywhere" (both duets with fiance Blake Shelton) topping the airplay charts. Stefani also released "Here This Christmas" in November. 

Now, over 15 years after debut album Love. Angel. Music. Baby. was released, 90s ska icon has returned to the pop field.

Gwen Stefani is a coach on The Voice, which airs Mondays and Tuesdays on NBC

Kworb Chart

Don't Call Me Gaga

LostBoyfriend

I'm afraid to say it. But that's weird af.

Not being shady, the song it's cute, but I honestly thought it was going to be forgotten.

It just sounds like a pretty bland song. Like the intro for an album that isn't meant to chart.

Andreu
1 minute ago, Indeciso said:

Not being shady, the song it's cute, but I honestly thought it was going to be forgotten.

It just sounds like a pretty bland song. Like the intro for an album that isn't meant to chart.

it's not weird, it's just the type of audience she has. Like when Britney's mood ring went #1 on iTunes but got barely any streams.

yes and
3 minutes ago, Indeciso said:

2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

it's not weird, it's just the type of audience she has. Like when Britney's mood ring went #1 on iTunes but got barely any streams.

This. She is so ''wide'' because of her fans buying the song, but it will be outside of charts in a week 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

MessyTop
3 minutes ago, Sour Candy said:

This. She is so ''wide'' because of her fans buying the song, but it will be outside of charts in a week 

It will be outside of the charts is 2 days. The song is tragic mess 

yes and
3 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

It will be outside of the charts is 2 days. The song is tragic mess 

I meant its debut on official charts, but you're right anyway 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

MonsterofFame
54 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Yeah. Like Britney, her audience is Gen X and millennials when iTunes was king so it makes sense she’d have a lead there. 

Don’t write off Gwen’s success yet. This song was probably a test to see her demand and it proved she still has lots of it. 

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, Andreu said:

OT but Mood Ring deserved to be Glory's lead. Even Swimming in The Stars is better than Make Me ! :fail:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Togekiss

I feel kinda bad saying this, but after being literally the coolest person alive for one or two album cycles, she has a looooot of work to do to win me back after spending the last ten years as a professional wine mom and girlfriend-of-the-blandest-man-alive-Blake-Sheldon.

The fall from grace is truly epic.

bring on that pecan pie

Franch Toast

Good for her. As I wrote on the other thread, I loved Gwen back during her No Doubt heyday, and I actually prefer ska Gwen to the pop solo performer. The song is catchy, and I hope it's a preview of her returning to her old sound. Is the song my favorite? Nope, but I think it's signaling a departure from country Gwen and a return to Tragic Kingdom Gwen, so I'll take it. 

She/Her/Hers

A R T P O P
8 hours ago, Indeciso said:

The song is a gigantic nod to her ska roots and No Doubt in general. 

This song sounds and feels like a step in the right direction after a misstep with Push and Shove and This is What the Truth Feels Like, which was tepid at best. 

This song is Gwen Stefani at her most calculated, doing exactly what she's good at and serving fans that have followed her for like 25 years. 

A R T P O P
19 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Tragic Kingdom Gwen

I wish. Truly Gwen and No Doubt at their most iconic and influential. One of the best ska albums ever. 

Archived